How bad is it for Lesile Frazier?

Lovie went to a SB with Rex Grossman, mind you that was one of the luckiest/worst teams to ever make a super bowl, but he still did it. Leslie made the playoffs One year with the Vikings. Kind of sad though how the Texans had basically no choice but to hire a minority coach, they would have looked even worse, if that’s possible, than they do right now if they didn’t.

Edited by recovery96

10 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

When Lovie Smith, gets a head coaching job over Frazier.  Is Lovie really better than Frazier?  Lovie’s defense was horrible last year except when he played the Jets and Lovie’s tenure in Illinois was something you would not write the books about.

I know the Kanas City game  was a disaster and it would be hard to sell a fan base on that game but even I think Frazier is better then Lovie Smith. 

No he isn’t! He Blew the last 13 seconds- he should Retire out of disgrace imo!

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He has a nice cushy job in Buffalo...what exactly is he worried about?

Sadly Buffalo is Stuck with a DC that can’t get a job Anywhere else after the “13 second debacle” bottom line No body will ever hire him! What fan Base can you sell on his DC expertise after Playoff game collapse!

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

Get over it.  That game is over.  All this constant whining and crying is for the birds.     

I’ve moved past the game and the frustrations of “there’s always next year,” but not everyone around me can say the same.
I was walking down Sunset Blvd in LA a few hours ago wearing my Bills shirt. Ended up passing a guy in a Lakers jersey and I hear “you guys should be in the Super Bowl!” Turned around and he had this distraught look, like the game was a couple days ago. “Thirteen seconds, man! Thirteen seconds!” I know, I know. “I’m a Raiders fan, but let me tell you, everyone was rooting for you guys, it should be you in the dance! Squib it!” We chatted for a minute and then went our separate ways. So although I’m over the game and have been for awhile, it somehow finds its way back to me. I suppose I could stop wearing Bills paraphernalia and avoid these encounters, but I’m proud of the trajectory of our team. We don’t suck! “You guys are young, you’ve got time to get one” was his parting words.
One can only hope.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’ve moved past the game and the frustrations of “there’s always next year,” but not everyone around me can say the same.
I was walking down Sunset Blvd in LA a few hours ago wearing my Bills shirt. Ended up passing a guy in a Lakers jersey and I hear “you guys should be in the Super Bowl!” Turned around and he had this distraught look, like the game was a couple days ago. “Thirteen seconds, man! Thirteen seconds!” I know, I know. “I’m a Raiders fan, but let me tell you, everyone was rooting for you guys, it should be you in the dance! Squib it!” We chatted for a minute and then went our separate ways. So although I’m over the game and have been for awhile, it somehow finds its way back to me. I suppose I could stop wearing Bills paraphernalia and avoid these encounters, but I’m proud of the trajectory of our team. We don’t suck! “You guys are young, you’ve got time to get one” was his parting words.
One can only hope.

I wear my Bills hoodie all the time around L.A.  Usually run into other Bills fans or like you, fans of other teams that have empathy for our fandom.

I get why people are bummed out.  I was too.   But end of day, we have to move on.  All this negativity around something that can’t be changed is no good for anybody.  

We gave that game away.   There were some other games the D got beat up.  There were more games over the past few years when they played really well.    So why does someone need to be fired?  It was the same thing after the Jags loss;  some folks want to get rid of McDermott and Daboll.    Sometimes it’s not the coach it’s the players who didn’t execute.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Stuartjohn said:

No he isn’t! He Blew the last 13 seconds- he should Retire out of disgrace imo!

Sadly Buffalo is Stuck with a DC that can’t get a job Anywhere else after the “13 second debacle” bottom line No body will ever hire him! What fan Base can you sell on his DC expertise after Playoff game collapse!

As a hc

if he was looking for a dc job he would have already been hired

but it is what it is

Frazier lost any chance at being a HC for this season after the defense got absolutely destroyed by KC, but I don’t think all hope is lost. People’s memories are short, and if the defense plays well next season then he may still have a shot at something.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He’s got a unique resume… had a shot at HC, could’ve gone better, and he’s been around football forever… nearing the end of his likely career….

maybe he doesn’t want it or isn’t cut out for it. 

it happens 

If he doesn't want it, then why would he interview for HC positions?

12 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

To be fair, Smith did get the Bears to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman behind center. Additionally, I don’t think you can judge HC candidates based solely on standings and statistics. Ability to manage, delegate and be a leader of men certainly play a role. Maybe Frazier is just a poor interviewee?

He seems soft speaking (spoken?).  His players may like him but he doesn’t come across as a motivator.  

22 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

He seems soft speaking (spoken?).  His players may like him but he doesn’t come across as a motivator.  

I think at times, the glimpses of the steel under the soft-speaking exterior come through.  Like when he was talking about Levi Wallace and how defenses were "picking" on him and he said "Levi needs to make a play.  If he makes a play, then they'll stop picking on him".  He was clearly challenging Levi to step up, and he did.

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’ve never interviewed for a job you thought you’d want but really didn’t? 

I've never gone into an interview without wanting the job.

I've sometimes changed my mind during the interview.  One time I got a speeding ticket on the way home.

12 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

There’s only 32 of those jobs. 

with Steve Ross, the McCaskeys, the Fords, the Johnsons, Cal McNair, Shad Khan, Jimmy Haslam, Dan Snyder and Jerry World, one third of these jobs are controlled by eccentric incompetents

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've never gone into an interview without wanting the job.

I've sometimes changed my mind during the interview.  One time I got a speeding ticket on the way home.

I don't think I have ever gone in knowing I didn't want the job. I have gone in wondering whether I really want it a couple of times. On one occasion decided I definitely did and on the other I definitely didn't within 10 minutes. And like you Hapless, I had one I thought I wanted the job and knew within 5 minutes of it starting that a) I didn't want it and b) they didn't want me. 

14 hours ago, BuffaloBobs said:

I'm sorry this is happening to you.

And yes, it would be great to give our coaches something more to work with than 7 sacks from Mario Addison and Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson trying to chase Tyreek Hill all over the field but I've got to credit them with making the most out of what they have and propelling the defense to number one.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 5.11.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 5.12.01 PM.png

How many resources have been spent on the DL?  

Regarding Tre White being out, how many good pass offenses did the Bills face after White's injury?  I'm counting 2...TB and KC, and the vaunted defense was shredded both times.

1 hour ago, finn said:

I feel sorry for him. He'll live with "13 seconds" for the rest of his life. It's like Scott Norwood, only missing from the 28 yard line instead of the 48. 

I wonder if the team has lost confidence in him. 

If they have they really have a funny way of showing it.

I get if they were waiting to see if there was a chance of him landing a HC job so the problem could fix itself but now is the time to move on and make a change if it's going to happen and McDermott is serious about evolving and taking the next step (and beating the Chiefs in a game that actually matters).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.