How bad is it for Lesile Frazier?

When Lovie Smith, gets a head coaching job over Frazier.  Is Lovie really better than Frazier?  Lovie’s defense was horrible last year except when he played the Jets and Lovie’s tenure in Illinois was something you would not write the books about.

I know the Kanas City game  was a disaster and it would be hard to sell a fan base on that game but even I think Frazier is better then Lovie Smith. 

Edited by Marvlevydraftdaygenius
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

When Lovie Smith, gets a head coaching job over Frazier.  Is Lovie really better than Frazier?  Love’s defense was horrible last year except when he played the Jets and Lovie’s tenure in Illinois was something you would not rights books about.

I know the Kanas City game  was a disaster and it would be hard to sell a fan base on that game but even I think Frazier is better then Lovie Smith. 

I think Lovie's another bandaid.  I wish him the best of luck with the Texans.  He's gonna need it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

When Lovie Smith, gets a head coaching job over Frazier.  Is Lovie really better than Frazier?  Love’s defense was horrible last year except when he played the Jets and Lovie’s tenure in Illinois was something you would not rights books about.

I think a lot had to do with Lovie having been their DC and Asst HC already. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

People know that Leslie is Calling and Coaching McD defense.  

Leslie is a Cover-2 coach, and we are a Cover-3 McD Defense.  So interviews likely show to that again that his defense that he pitches is back into the Cover-2 mindset.

• Like (+1) 1

The Texans job is just another placeholder, whoever takes it knows they'll likely only be there 1 year before they get the Culley treatment. It's as bad a situation as any NFL job could be. No idea if Frazier would've even taken it, but he'd have likely ended up with the same fate.

Lovie's career record as HC is 89-87, Frazier's is 21-32-1. So I guess there's some basis for their thinking.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well… he did say he doesn’t like to make adjustments to the game plan this past season …

He definitely didn't make any adjustments at 13 seconds. No one is hiring him after that debacle. We're stuck with him and this confusing relationship between him & McD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think a lot had to do with Lovie having been their DC and Asst HC already. 

Shhh. Don't let facts get in the way....

He already took the day off from work, the torches are soaking in kerosene and he is half way done sharpening his pitchfork. Just let him tire himself out. He will fall asleep on his own. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

To be fair, Smith did get the Bears to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman behind center. Additionally, I don’t think you can judge HC candidates based solely on standings and statistics. Ability to manage, delegate and be a leader of men certainly play a role. Maybe Frazier is just a poor interviewee?

I had wondered why Lovey hadn't gotten another HC job after leaving the Bears i thought he was a decent coach & would have been good for some team .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.