2022 Offseason Primer Position Group: Linebackers

MAJBobby

Started with Secondary, and the links to the past writeups are included on the bottom of the posts that preceded it.  Eventually at the end each post I will try to include the links to all the others as well.  Now sticking with Defense, I will move next in the line and that is LBer.  This one I am going to admit is hard a bit.  I am probably higher on Edmunds than most, however I do feel scheme is a bit of an issue against the Run Game, when we run nickel majority of the time, we can get exposed running.  They are better against the run in a true 4-3.

So at the end of the day, I think I will trade off performance in the Run Defense game to have better in the pass.  I am sure this thread will be mostly about Edmunds or it will turn into that as those start commenting, and I understand that, so without future rambling let’s get to it.

The standard disclaimer.

I use SPOTRAC for my salary information, I know more like OTC, so numbers might be a little different I just prefer SPOTRAC more.   I also use profootball reference for the stats.

So here we go…

Bills CAP Space: Top 51 = -1.374M Yep Still negative. 

Linebacker – 6 players on contact taking up 16.01% of CAP, 9th highest in the NFL.

Overall, compared to % of the cap and projected spending to be in the top 10 of the leagues they are underperforming.  Now I would be not genuine here if I didn’t also say in 2021 they spent in the position at the 11th highest rate of the NFL.  So again, I don’t think I am calling the Bills unit a top 11 unit in the league.  If it isn’t missed tackles, over pursuits of confusing in Zones, they are solid in pass coverage, however in the Run defense game the missed tackles and over pursuits led to Teams able to gash us regularly. 

Free Agents

EFRA

Tyrel Dodson – 24 years old – Yes technically a Free Agent but if the bills want to keep him, they will and there is nothing Dodson can really do about it but sign his tender.  So, he will be in Buffalo this coming season (at least though camp). Did not log many snaps on defense this year, with week 13 being the most logged 53% of the defensive snaps.  But he was a ST snap eater at every game being over 60% of the ST snaps except for week 13 when he played more defense.  He logged 15 tackles (10 Solo and 5 ast) this year.  But with the EFRA tender at about 600K he will be back in he Bills uniform.    

On Contract

Tremaine Edmunds, age 24, 6.04 % of cap, 12.716M cap hit (No savings) – So probably will be the most polarizing player in this offseason primer for a couple reasons, one being that option sitting there where it would be a cool 12M in savings moving on from him.  I look at another way, that is an area of savings once the extension gets done.  But before I get into some of the things he still needs to improve on.  He logged 108 tackles (70 solo and 38 ast, 7 TFL, 1 QB hit) and I pick with 4 PD.  What is a little concerning is his numbers have across the board got lower each year from his rookie year, but they are not big fluctuations, maybe with more responsibilities hit individual performance slips a bit.  But we are either seeing his floor or ceiling (whichever way you want to look at it) which is good enough in the NFL for a starting MLB, but that will also affect what Price I would get to in an extension to be honest.  He is the most reliable tackler with a 8.5% missed tackle rate this year.  What is interesting is he allowed 78% against when targeted (highest was rookie year 78.5%) and a 106.1 rating when targeted(59 times)   (best year was 2019 at 76.3, worst last year at 114.3).  His issue that I still see in year 4, is he gets lost in coverage a lot, and over pursues a lot as well.  I just do not get it through because by this point there should be less and less of those mistakes.    But Teams worry about him, just look at what Salah has said about him, that is evident that teams probably value him higher than the fans.  And without knowing full what the responsibilities are for him on a certain play it is hard to say if he was right or not.  But having played the position a couple things I notice, he Reads the Back first, instead of the OG-OG-C to the back, so that is why misdirection can get him wrong at times.  There are no false steps though I would like to see him be confident in his reads and attack, instead of catch, when he attacks his reads, he looks like the best or one of the best LBers in the game.  But he scrapes ad catches a lot more than you would think from a Mike and I must wonder if that is scheme.  Now that being said I think a nice 5-year extension is coming this year to lower that cap number. 

Matt Milano, age 27, 4.79% of cap, 10.095M cap hit (No Savings) – His new contract is interesting with a nice out at the end of this year with Big savings.  But there is nothing savings wise for a cut only a restructure.  There was not a lot if any drop off from Milano after being paid, One thing to be really happy about was his health this year, missing just one.  His numbers are 5PD, 86 tackles (57 Solo, 29 ast, 15 TFL, 6 QB hits).  Missed tackles where better this year with a career best of 11.3%.  I wish I could put his instincts to attack the line in Edmunds but that can still be taught to Edmunds.  Issues with Milano remain he has a hard time at times getting through the wash, he does get washed out a lot.  Also it really seems his missed tackles show up at the wrong times and are magnified a bit because they come in what seems like big moments.  But that being said I am fine with Milanos play this year, as everything number wise has improved (except his pass defense splash plays, but that is fine).  He allowed a career best of 55.2% completion when targeted, and a 71.9 rating when targeted (58 times).  Those numbers tell me better in pass coverage than Edmunds, which I think we all knew that from him anyway. 

A.J Klein, age 31, 2.65% against cap, 5.57M cap hit (5.1M savings) – This one really bothers me a bit, because when he is on the field in that traditional 4-3 SLB our run defense is better, but he gets exposed in the passing game.  Now the issue becomes that exact problem with the Nickel Base, he is a luxury at that cap number based on the % snaps played.  However here are his numbers, 1 Pick, 5 PD, 1 Fr, 5 tackles (29 solo, 6 ast, 4 TFL).  When targeted (25 times) he let up a 64.0% complete and a rating of 63.1.  There is my issue with Klein, not so much his play but the lack of playing time.  Are the numbers lower because of the lack of playing time (hiding him) or should he be playing more.  At the cap number when you are starting to get tight against the cap those are things to look at.  I personally think his role can be filled by Dodson or a rookie at this point and save the 5M and spend it elsewhere and that is really nothing against Klein (he probably has trade value) and more against the scheme and how we use him.   

Tyler Matakevich, age 30, 1.54% against cap, 3.25M in cap hit (2.5M in savings) – Special Teams snap eater.  Which is what you want from your depth LBers and I think I am ok with him in that role, but I am not sure I am ok at his cap number. When we start looking at though that ONLY contribute on ST, I think you would see a high number of cap allocated to that unit compared to the rest of the league however my tools do not do that, maybe I will make a tool that does down the line.  But you add him, Jones, Neal Smith could go on there are a lot of ST only players still, that would be fine if they were in cheap contracts. 

Andre Smith, age 25, 0.59% against cap, 1.251M in cap hit, (1.126M in savings) – See Tyler and you have about the same writeup here, just younger and cheaper. 

Joe Giles-Harris, age 25, 0.39% against cap, 825k in cap hit (825K in savings) – PS player signed to a futures contract.

Notable top UFAs

De’Vondre Campbell, GB

Don’ta Hightower, NE

Foyesade Oluokun, ATL

Leighton Vander Esch, DAL

Anthony Barr, MIN

Initial Draft Look with Initial Grades (no particular order and nowhere ready to really discuss draft)

Round 1

Devin Lloyd, LB, 6’3’, 232 Utah

To be honest here, I still have not even started to look at LBers yet in the draft, It is either because I like our LBers (most likely or the LBer class just didnt wow me to take early impressions.

Past Writeups

Secondary

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Good Write Up!!! I will not bash Edmonds he does have his moments.  If it were up to me I would get younger in the backup positions by cutting AJ and Tyler saving about 7.6 Mil in cap space.  

The one college guy who is a beast who may drop in the draft is Adam Anderson OLB GA.  He may drop to a day two or three pick because he was accused of rape in 2020.  His stats are beast though at 6'5" 4.39 40 at 230 pounds.  I would do some serious character checks on this guy though before drafting him.  The good thing now about our team is our locker room is solid and I think they can help a guy like this out.  Great at rushing the passer.  

Brandon Smith LB Penn St.  is another one who will go higher then Anderson IMO.  Bigger at 245 ish lbs just as fast 4.40 40 can play inside and out.  According to write up was better in pass coverage.  Those are my two.  I would use the money freed up to get a good CB2 and draft a lot of offense early.

I don’t see the Bills giving him a 5 year extension, unless they can get him for around $10m a year.   I just don’t see it, and if they don’t give him the extension then I believe the Bills will try to trade him for a 2nd rounder.

If they do trade him, I would expect that they ask Klein for a small pay cut, Klein would be the interim replacement until they draft the guy they are looking for.   For  around $12m, they could pick up a good pass rusher.

I like Edmunds, he’s a better than average MLB, but resource allocation is getting tight and honestly I think they getting that pass rusher serves better value than the delta between Edmunds and his replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll never understand the support for Edmunds. What he's supposedly the best at is pass coverage. Yet 114 and 106 passer rating when targeted these last 2 seasons.  He peaked in 2019 plain & simple. And you just can't pay a guy 12.7 for these multiple flaws that have been discussed dozens of threads. Trade 49 if you can and give Andre Smith all of Tyler's playing time. Keep Dotson for depth. I have no clue what to do with Klein?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll never understand the support for Edmunds. What he's supposedly the best at is pass coverage. Yet 114 and 106 passer rating when targeted these last 2 seasons.  He peaked in 2019 plain & simple. And you just can't pay a guy 12.7 for these multiple flaws that have been discussed dozens of threads. Trade 49 if you can and give Andre Smith all of Tyler's playing time. Keep Dotson for depth. I have no clue what to do with Klein?

Fear of change.  He must be doing something right as the MLB on a top defense.  But you can’t pay every starter in the back seven $10m or more. He makes the least amount of game changing plays in the back 7 except for maybe Levi and Levi ain’t gonna get paid $12.7m per year.  

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Started with Secondary, and the links to the past writeups are included on the bottom of the posts that preceded it.  Eventually at the end each post I will try to include the links to all the others as well.  Now sticking with Defense, I will move next in the line and that is LBer.  This one I am going to admit is hard a bit.  I am probably higher on Edmunds than most, however I do feel scheme is a bit of an issue against the Run Game, when we run nickel majority of the time, we can get exposed running.  They are better against the run in a true 4-3.

So at the end of the day, I think I will trade off performance in the Run Defense game to have better in the pass.  I am sure this thread will be mostly about Edmunds or it will turn into that as those start commenting, and I understand that, so without future rambling let’s get to it.

The standard disclaimer.

I use SPOTRAC for my salary information, I know more like OTC, so numbers might be a little different I just prefer SPOTRAC more.   I also use profootball reference for the stats.

So here we go…

Bills CAP Space: Top 51 = -1.374M Yep Still negative. 

Linebacker – 6 players on contact taking up 16.01% of CAP, 9th highest in the NFL.

Overall, compared to % of the cap and projected spending to be in the top 10 of the leagues they are underperforming.  Now I would be not genuine here if I didn’t also say in 2021 they spent in the position at the 11th highest rate of the NFL.  So again, I don’t think I am calling the Bills unit a top 11 unit in the league.  If it isn’t missed tackles, over pursuits of confusing in Zones, they are solid in pass coverage, however in the Run defense game the missed tackles and over pursuits led to Teams able to gash us regularly. 

Free Agents

EFRA

Tyrel Dodson – 24 years old – Yes technically a Free Agent but if the bills want to keep him, they will and there is nothing Dodson can really do about it but sign his tender.  So, he will be in Buffalo this coming season (at least though camp). Did not log many snaps on defense this year, with week 13 being the most logged 53% of the defensive snaps.  But he was a ST snap eater at every game being over 60% of the ST snaps except for week 13 when he played more defense.  He logged 15 tackles (10 Solo and 5 ast) this year.  But with the EFRA tender at about 600K he will be back in he Bills uniform.    

On Contract

Tremaine Edmunds, age 24, 6.04 % of cap, 12.716M cap hit (12.716M in savings) – So probably will be the most polarizing player in this offseason primer for a couple reasons, one being that option sitting there where it would be a cool 12M in savings moving on from him.  I look at another way, that is an area of savings once the extension gets done.  But before I get into some of the things he still needs to improve on.  He logged 108 tackles (70 solo and 38 ast, 7 TFL, 1 QB hit) and I pick with 4 PD.  What is a little concerning is his numbers have across the board got lower each year from his rookie year, but they are not big fluctuations, maybe with more responsibilities hit individual performance slips a bit.  But we are either seeing his floor or ceiling (whichever way you want to look at it) which is good enough in the NFL for a starting MLB, but that will also affect what Price I would get to in an extension to be honest.  He is the most reliable tackler with a 8.5% missed tackle rate this year.  What is interesting is he allowed 78% against when targeted (highest was rookie year 78.5%) and a 106.1 rating when targeted(59 times)   (best year was 2019 at 76.3, worst last year at 114.3).  His issue that I still see in year 4, is he gets lost in coverage a lot, and over pursues a lot as well.  I just do not get it through because by this point there should be less and less of those mistakes.    But Teams worry about him, just look at what Salah has said about him, that is evident that teams probably value him higher than the fans.  And without knowing full what the responsibilities are for him on a certain play it is hard to say if he was right or not.  But having played the position a couple things I notice, he Reads the Back first, instead of the OG-OG-C to the back, so that is why misdirection can get him wrong at times.  There are no false steps though I would like to see him be confident in his reads and attack, instead of catch, when he attacks his reads, he looks like the best or one of the best LBers in the game.  But he scrapes ad catches a lot more than you would think from a Mike and I must wonder if that is scheme.  Now that being said I think a nice 5-year extension is coming this year to lower that cap number. 

Matt Milano, age 27, 4.79% of cap, 10.095M cap hit (No Savings) – His new contract is interesting with a nice out at the end of this year with Big savings.  But there is nothing savings wise for a cut only a restructure.  There was not a lot if any drop off from Milano after being paid, One thing to be really happy about was his health this year, missing just one.  His numbers are 5PD, 86 tackles (57 Solo, 29 ast, 15 TFL, 6 QB hits).  Missed tackles where better this year with a career best of 11.3%.  I wish I could put his instincts to attack the line in Edmunds but that can still be taught to Edmunds.  Issues with Milano remain he has a hard time at times getting through the wash, he does get washed out a lot.  Also it really seems his missed tackles show up at the wrong times and are magnified a bit because they come in what seems like big moments.  But that being said I am fine with Milanos play this year, as everything number wise has improved (except his pass defense splash plays, but that is fine).  He allowed a career best of 55.2% completion when targeted, and a 71.9 rating when targeted (58 times).  Those numbers tell me better in pass coverage than Edmunds, which I think we all knew that from him anyway. 

A.J Klein, age 31, 2.65% against cap, 5.57M cap hit (5.1M savings) – This one really bothers me a bit, because when he is on the field in that traditional 4-3 SLB our run defense is better, but he gets exposed in the passing game.  Now the issue becomes that exact problem with the Nickel Base, he is a luxury at that cap number based on the % snaps played.  However here are his numbers, 1 Pick, 5 PD, 1 Fr, 5 tackles (29 solo, 6 ast, 4 TFL).  When targeted (25 times) he let up a 64.0% complete and a rating of 63.1.  There is my issue with Klein, not so much his play but the lack of playing time.  Are the numbers lower because of the lack of playing time (hiding him) or should he be playing more.  At the cap number when you are starting to get tight against the cap those are things to look at.  I personally think his role can be filled by Dodson or a rookie at this point and save the 5M and spend it elsewhere and that is really nothing against Klein (he probably has trade value) and more against the scheme and how we use him.   

Tyler Matakevich, age 30, 1.54% against cap, 3.25M in cap hit (2.5M in savings) – Special Teams snap eater.  Which is what you want from your depth LBers and I think I am ok with him in that role, but I am not sure I am ok at his cap number. When we start looking at though that ONLY contribute on ST, I think you would see a high number of cap allocated to that unit compared to the rest of the league however my tools do not do that, maybe I will make a tool that does down the line.  But you add him, Jones, Neal Smith could go on there are a lot of ST only players still, that would be fine if they were in cheap contracts. 

Andre Smith, age 25, 0.59% against cap, 1.251M in cap hit, (1.126M in savings) – See Tyler and you have about the same writeup here, just younger and cheaper. 

Joe Giles-Harris, age 25, 0.39% against cap, 825k in cap hit (825K in savings) – PS player signed to a futures contract.

Notable top UFAs

De’Vondre Campbell, GB

Don’ta Hightower, NE

Foyesade Oluokun, ATL

Leighton Vander Esch, DAL

Anthony Barr, MIN

Initial Draft Look with Initial Grades (no particular order and nowhere ready to really discuss draft)

Round 1

Devin Lloyd, LB, 6’3’, 232 Utah

To be honest here, I still have not even started to look at LBers yet in the draft, It is either because I like our LBers (most likely or the LBer class just didnt wow me to take early impressions.

Past Writeups

Secondary

thank you. Appreciate you and the few others who post actual research and analysis in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Edmunds, even though he can frustrate the Hell out of me. Right now he has not earned a big money contract.

The big issue with him is consistency. I hope that he can take another step up this following season.

Whenever I watch Klein play, I wish that Edmunds could learn something by watching him. Granted Klein is far better against the run than the pass. I would like for Klein to stay, but his cap hit might be too big to overcome.

I agree that we can keep Smith over Matekevich. Would like to see Dodson get more playing time.

I don't see LB as a position as an area that will require much change.

• Agree 1

I think the LB's overall will look better if the front 4 start being more disruptive.  Edmunds will look much better in coverage if the front 4 get home more often and I'd imagine all the LB's would benefit from the front 4 blowing up run plays before they hit the LB's untouched.  It's one thing to have to fill a hole it's another when they're getting blockers to the second level and the rb is untouched into the secondary.  The crazy thing to think about is that the 2017 defense started Preston Brown and was largely just as effective as any defense we've had under McDermott.

MAJBobby warned us he was higher on Edmunds than most, but then proceeded to give us a fair and accurate description of his game. Well done, sir. I was waiting to read “he makes impact plays like Deion Sanders because QBs are scared to throw his way.” Seriously, that was another poster’s write up. To me, Edmunds player comparison is Tyrod Taylor. Both were highly respected teammates, captains, and pro bowlers, but could frustrate the heck outta you. Oh, one was taken in the 1st round and the other in the 6th, but I feel the comparisons are there.

Thanks for the LB report. 

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

I don’t see the Bills giving him a 5 year extension, unless they can get him for around $10m a year.   I just don’t see it, and if they don’t give him the extension then I believe the Bills will try to trade him for a 2nd rounder.

If they do trade him, I would expect that they ask Klein for a small pay cut, Klein would be the interim replacement until they draft the guy they are looking for.   For  around $12m, they could pick up a good pass rusher.

I like Edmunds, he’s a better than average MLB, but resource allocation is getting tight and honestly I think they getting that pass rusher serves better value than the delta between Edmunds and his replacement.

I agree with this.  Getting a 2nd for Edmunds if he won't take under 10 a year, playing Klien, and getting a guy like C. Jones in FA to help the pass rush would make the D better.  You'd also gain a 2nd rounder, so you can come out of the draft with hopefully (a big reach given Bean's last drafts) an impact CB, LB, and OL.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

On Contract

Tremaine Edmunds, age 24, 6.04 % of cap, 12.716M cap hit (12.716M in savings) – So probably will be the most polarizing player in this offseason primer for a couple reasons, one being that option sitting there where it would be a cool 12M in savings moving on from him.  I look at another way, that is an area of savings once the extension gets done.  But before I get into some of the things he still needs to improve on.  He logged 108 tackles (70 solo and 38 ast, 7 TFL, 1 QB hit) and I pick with 4 PD.  What is a little concerning is his numbers have across the board got lower each year from his rookie year, but they are not big fluctuations, maybe with more responsibilities hit individual performance slips a bit.  But we are either seeing his floor or ceiling (whichever way you want to look at it) which is good enough in the NFL for a starting MLB, but that will also affect what Price I would get to in an extension to be honest.  He is the most reliable tackler with a 8.5% missed tackle rate this year.  What is interesting is he allowed 78% against when targeted (highest was rookie year 78.5%) and a 106.1 rating when targeted(59 times)   (best year was 2019 at 76.3, worst last year at 114.3).  His issue that I still see in year 4, is he gets lost in coverage a lot, and over pursues a lot as well.  I just do not get it through because by this point there should be less and less of those mistakes.    But Teams worry about him, just look at what Salah has said about him, that is evident that teams probably value him higher than the fans.  And without knowing full what the responsibilities are for him on a certain play it is hard to say if he was right or not.  But having played the position a couple things I notice, he Reads the Back first, instead of the OG-OG-C to the back, so that is why misdirection can get him wrong at times.  There are no false steps though I would like to see him be confident in his reads and attack, instead of catch, when he attacks his reads, he looks like the best or one of the best LBers in the game.  But he scrapes ad catches a lot more than you would think from a Mike and I must wonder if that is scheme.  Now that being said I think a nice 5-year extension is coming this year to lower that cap number. 

Hey, wanted to pull this out and respond promptly

I think your info on “$12.716M savings” is incorrect

Someone pointed out in the Barkley discussion, that the rules have changed and a 5th year option starting in 2018 is now fully guaranteed when it is exercised

So there would be no savings from cutting Edmunds

He could be traded and the salary would go with him.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How is there a $12.7 mil cap saving for Edmunds since his option is fully guaranteed?  The only way they can save anything would be if the were to trade him.  But then every player listed would have a saving if you traded him.

I'm assuming offset language in his contract. He doesn't get the guarantee and the contract money from his new team.  Trading in the last year is pure savings because there is no additional prorated signing bonus money.  If you trade say Tre White, then all his signing bonus money that was prorated over the length of his extension immediately hits the salary cap figure. 

My disdain for Edmunds is well documented.  But there are just too many holes on the defense to fill in one year.  If you could trade him straight up for a Pro-bowl CB or DE then I would do it.  But those type of trades are very rare.  I let him play out his extension. If he is a star next year then tag him.  If he is not let him walk and start over at MLB.  No way do I sign him to an extension and if he wants to hold out let him.  

I would see if Kleine is willing to take a pay cut.  He is a very good 4-3 LB and can be backup for either Edmunds or Milano in the nickel.  I would cut every other LB on the roster and start over with low round draft picks and UDFA to fill out the needs on special teams.  Edmunds and Milano play nearly 100% of the snaps.  Any snaps the bottom feeder LBs get on defense is during garbage time when the game is over.  

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How is there a $12.7 mil cap saving for Edmunds since his option is fully guaranteed?  The only way they can save anything would be if the were to trade him.  But then every player listed would have a saving if you traded him.

It's not going to be easy to trade Edmunds. First you gotta find a trade partner willing to absorb his contract and give us at least a 3rd. Then that team has to convince themselves they can coach the flaws out of him. I just know our organization is not paying him anywhere near 12M/yr.  Wallace is our 2nd best CB and spotrac estimates 9M? He's probably worth 5-6. Edmunds will probably want 12-14 when he's worth 9M. Just under Milano.  We need to build our LB corp around Milano and finally move on from Edmunds. 

Imho, Edmunds and Milano are overpaid. I'd like them better if both of them were paid two mill less each.

You don't see much greatness in either player. Milano lost his nose for the ball and Edmunds never had it.

I don't mind allowing rush yards as we are supposed to outscore running offenses most games. The Bills think the exact same thing by leaving Taron Johnson in there all the time.

Maybe when we get Tre back and get an upgrade at the other outside spot, we can play a 4-3 or 5-2 against run first offense. Now the plan is to not let a QB get hot.

Our whole defense seems mediocre at best except a Hyde and Poyer and Tre.... I'm sure we're dedicating the offseason to improving the defense (again). But it remains to be seen if Leslie Frazier can create a very good front seven player.

Is it Beane?

Is it Leslie?

Or, is it both?

No, I still don't think Ed is very good. He's good. It seems right that he would be better if he had better players around him, but you can say that with almost anybody.

I hope Beane gets better at paying guys what their worth as opposed to what others think they should be paid.

No way Milano is a ten million dollar player. The same with Tremaine at 12 mill....

If we get great players pay them. If....

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hey, wanted to pull this out and respond promptly

I think your info on “$12.716M savings” is incorrect

Someone pointed out in the Barkley discussion, that the rules have changed and a 5th year option starting in 2018 is now fully guaranteed when it is exercised

So there would be no savings from cutting Edmunds

He could be traded and the salary would go with him.

Not according to Both sites that track this. Can move on from him for the savings off the option according to SPOTRAC and OTC.  

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

According to both sites that track the cap it would be a full savings if cut. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not according to Both sites that track this. Can move on from him for the savings off the option according to SPOTRAC and OTC.  

the both say that if he is cut before the first day of the league year it is a total savings. Of the option value. 

mend of the day he will not be cut and will likely be extended. 

50 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That is not what Spotrac says. Spotrac is correct. The $12.7m is full guaranteed the moment the 5th year option was signed. That is a change in the latest CBA. The only way the Bills are not on the hook for that is if they can get someone to trade for Edmunds. If they cut him they pay the money. 

What I see on Spotrac:

PRE-6/1 RELEASE 2022

Dead Cap: $12,716,000

2022 Cap Savings: $0

Edited by GunnerBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.