Kyler Murray unfollows Cardinals on social media

Albany,n.y.

12 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

Baseball is a brilliant sport.  Sorry you don't have the mental capacity to follow

Are you @Gugny’s illegitimate love child? That baseball argument is the only thing you old timers have to hang onto as the national past-time withers on the vine. You’re too dum to understand baseball!😭😭😭

• Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Beerball said:

You’re too dum to understand baseball!😭😭😭

Says the player who spells 'dumb' as 'dum'. 🤨

At the least, the A's should be compelled to trade him to St. Louis.  Colour scheme lines up, and it appeases a city that seems to always come up short  with regards to a football team. 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Murray would be much better off in a non-contact sport. Pitch counts, over a 4 hour game, with plenty of rest between games? Sounds like less overall injury risk for a game in which height doesn’t matter as much. Also MLB players make more money on average AND their contracts are guaranteed. Sounds like a no brainer. 

• Like (+1) 2

when i watch Murray,  he seems,  disinterested.    

he may not like what hes seeing in the organization,  how the owner acted at the end of their season.   i wouldnt blame him if he ditched the NFL for baseball.   

Edited by bigduke6

So Murray is gonna turn down $30m per year playing football to play baseball when he hasn’t played competitive baseball in 3 years?  Baseball ain’t the type of sport you can just go back to unless you’re a pitcher that throws 100mph.  It would take him 2-3 years minimum in the minors to get his swing back.  Even then, there’s no guarantees he could even hit Big League pitchers.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

So Murray is gonna turn down $30m per year playing football to play baseball when he hasn’t played competitive baseball in 3 years?  Baseball ain’t the type of sport you can just go back to unless you’re a pitcher that throws 100mph.  It would take him 2-3 years minimum in the minors to get his swing back.  Even then, there’s no guarantees he could even hit Big League pitchers.  

solid point.  i wonder what his baseball guarantee $ would be if he went there.  

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Soccer is terrible, but Baseball is perfect.

I personally can't watch either. 

Soccer fans are so intense for a game where nobody ever scores and it just ends in penalty kicks where the goalie has to defend a net the size of a house. 

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

Are you @Gugny’s illegitimate love child? That baseball argument is the only thing you old timers have to hang onto as the national past-time withers on the vine. You’re too dum to understand baseball!😭😭😭

The "too dumb to understand baseball" thing is hilarious to me. It's about as simple a game as you can get. Like any game there is some strategy, but it's pretty straightforward. 

I consider myself pretty into sports in general, and I don't even notice that baseball is going on. For all I know there are games tonight. Now if it's a Tuesday night and there's nothing else on I might put on game 7 of a World Series during dinner just to have something on. 

Kyler would 100% make more $$ as an NFL QB than if he decided to play in the MLB. Not that it has to be about $$ only. 

Plus, it would be like he disappeared. Baseball has almost zero cultural relevance outside of avid sports fans either. Everyone knows who Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, John Madden, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes are, though, even non-sports fans. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

solid point.  i wonder what his baseball guarantee $ would be if he went there.  

Oakland signed him for $5m in 2018.  Based on the fact that he’s almost 4 years older and hasn’t played baseball since 2018, that number would be lower now.  Maybe that gets offset by a Tebow effect now that he’s well known, but it’s not like the Mets made much money off people paying $20 to see Tebow in spring training or the minors.  

From a numbers standpoint it’s stupid to even talk about.  He’d have to turn into a Mike Trout level player to approach what he’s almost guaranteed to make as a top NFL QB.  And even then, Trout was a superstar by age 22. Murray wouldn’t even reach the Majors before he’s 27-28.  The baseball ship has sailed.  

This may not be the case, but it's not impossible:  Murray has made enough money to be financially secure for life already.  Say he's just not into football, the hits, injury potential etc, but loves playing baseball.  So, now that he's set himself up for the rest of his life, he wants to pursue his real dream-MLB.  Even if he fails he doesn't care because he's already pocketed millions of dollars doing something he doesn't really like.  

Not everyone looks at the financial advantages when they choose to switch jobs.  How much money is enough?  If he can make a few more million playing baseball maybe he doesn't care about leaving mega millions on the NFL field while attaining happiness on a baseball field.  It's not like he'd be going from the NFL to a minimum wage job.  

It looked like Murray was truly turning the corner and one his way to superstardom this past season but ultimately his flaws caught up to him so I would not be shocked one bit if he's rethinking his NFL future.

And you take away the stupid hail mary against the Bills and the hype isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be with him.

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It looked like Murray was truly turning the corner and one his way to superstardom this past season but ultimately his flaws caught up to him so I would not be shocked one bit if he's rethinking his NFL future.

And you take away the stupid hail mary against the Bills and the hype isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be with him.

Yet you look at his numbers and they're pretty damn good. Rams game notwithstanding. 

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I personally can't watch either. 

Soccer fans are so intense for a game where nobody ever scores and it just ends in penalty kicks where the goalie has to defend a net the size of a house. 

The "too dumb to understand baseball" thing is hilarious to me. It's about as simple a game as you can get. Like any game there is some strategy, but it's pretty straightforward. 

I consider myself pretty into sports in general, and I don't even notice that baseball is going on. For all I know there are games tonight. Now if it's a Tuesday night and there's nothing else on I might put on game 7 of a World Series during dinner just to have something on. 

Kyler would 100% make more $$ as an NFL QB than if he decided to play in the MLB. Not that it has to be about $$ only. 

Plus, it would be like he disappeared. Baseball has almost zero cultural relevance outside of avid sports fans either. Everyone knows who Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, John Madden, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Josh Allen, and Patrick Mahomes are, though, even non-sports fans. 

You are wildly wrong about baseball's popularity: https://www.thesportsbank.net/business/nfl-vs-mlb-detailed-look-at-popularity-levels-of-both-sports/. Sure, the NFL is king by a long ways, but baseball is a LOT more popular than basketball and hockey. And as for TV ratings, comparing the two is silly even though the NFL is obviously king. Baseball's bread and butter is 30 local deals, not the national contracts with the networks. 

If you lived in Boston, NY, LA, or St. Louis, you'd realize how culturally resonant baseball is with the average person. The Yankees, for instance, are the most popular team in NY State, and by a fair amount. The Giants are third. https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/05/new-york-giants-top-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets-as-most-popular-team-in-the-state/

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.