Davis Webb on FA visit with NYG (update - signed)

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, nucci said:

How often does this happen with backup QBs?

The only team with a bit of success doing this was the Cheaters.

Get me the cheapest FA QB available or his Mexican equivalent ;) ( a great Mr. Burns line)

Like I have said before Josh is as durable as a Cat D8 Bulldozer  :)

He just runs stuff over and keeps going :)

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Webb as a starter doesn't exist.  He's made of flatus and moonbeams.  A figment of many fertile imaginations here...

The G Men started Fromm when Jones was hurt.

Webb might get in there when Jane goes down ;)

1 hour ago, cwater10 said:

Ahhh. Celtics PTSD just jumped out at me with flashes of JoJo White standing by himself at the free throw line in The Aud.  That was my Braves "no goal" moment. Cheers!  Loved that Braves team.

OMG - I actually looked for that iconic picture from under the basket that showed the scoreboard and that time had run out before McAdoo touched him - I couldn't find in anywhere online (it's in my copy of "Buffalo Home of the Braves" book - which is signed by Jack Marin BTW :) )

God I loved the Braves

Edited by stevewin
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

OMG - I actually looked for that iconic picture from under the basket that showed the scoreboard and that time had run out before McAdoo touched him - I couldn't find in anywhere online (it's in my copy of "Buffalo Home of the Braves" book - which is signed by Jack Marin BTW :) )

God I loved the Braves

I was there!!

• Like (+1) 1

Webb is probably a considerable loss to the QB room. 

I’ve always been a guy who said the only QB in the room who matters is 17 but Webb was like having another coach in his ear. 

Losing him, Trubisky (maybe) and Daboll is quite a bit. Hopefully we can get a smart vet back in the room.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Happens often if there is flashes shown from a younger QB. The team just has to be willing to do it. 

my point is you have Josh a Proven Veteran QB. You don’t need to drop big money into the BU positions. Anything more than 2M in the BU and we are not managing assets correctly. 

We're at a point as a team where we need an experienced backup qb to give us a chance to win games if Josh goes down for a few games, and not worry about how much we can get for said backup in a trade. Those were the good old days when we weren't expected to be in the playoffs. As we saw this year a game or two has large ramifications on playoff seeding.

Pittsburgh did this with Charlie Batch, he was a backup who could come in and play ok as well as be a sounding board for Ben. Fitz could be that for us, if he was willing to accept that he is the backup and do the things that position requires. I could see Josh and Fitz getting along well too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.