Gadget player and moving on from Isaiah McKenzie

bubba2018

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jahan Dotson might be that guy.  Not a big WR, but should run ~4.3 40.  Great production at Penn State 90+ receptions and 12 TDs this season.  Great route runner.  Great hands (I believe he only had 1 or 2 drops this season).  I believe he returns punts too.  Would take our 1st round pick though...if he’s still there at 25.

it wasnt just lack of drops.....Dotson has amazing hands/ball skills.  Guy will catch anything remotely close to him.  I think he would be a great replacement for Beasley/Mckenzie.

Some highlight reels for you nerds!

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/5/2022 at 2:49 PM, recovery96 said:

He isn’t good enough. For me it’s the eye test, but some may disagree and think he’s adequate. 

I wonder how he is playing against more zone looks. If he can play zone well enough, I think he might be worth bringing back for the right price. 

On 2/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, LifeLongFan said:

We should only really have 4 players in first round on our radar that will make an impact with this team.

Devin Lloyd - LB / Utah ( Complete Game Wrecker) 

Damone Clark- LB / LSU ( Very solid and will be a day 1 starter)

Jamison Williams- WR / Alabama ( unreal player and fast!!! ) may drop due to his ACL injury

Jahan Dotson- WR / Penn State (quick, explosive, fast and good hands)  will be tough for KC or anyone to stop Bills with Diggs, Davis, Dotson and Knox 

Big PSU fan. 
Jahan Dotson is the real deal. Excellent routes. Exceptional ball skills. 

All things considered, probably better than Godwin or ARob.  

Most know I am a big McKenzie fan.😁

Most are talking about speed. He's the fastest/quickest player we have (had) on the roster. He's better in man than Cole (Cole is better in Zone). He's also probably one of the most team first guys we have. Played CB when we needed someone, plays PS qb when needed (kyler, Jackson etc). Very good in motion and jet sweeps. I think he is a player that will do anything you ask if it helps. Great personality and I think he gives a spark/attitude to the team.

With that being said, no, I don't think is is a #1 slot guy. Perfect backup and gadget guy and what he gets paid he is well worth his spot.

Few thoughts.

Is Cole a Cap cut casualty? At 6mill, you could probably sign McKenzie to a 2-3yr deal for just the cap savings. If Cole is gone, are we going to go into the season with only a rookie?  Who's available in FA at the cost of Lil' Dirty that's better?

McD allows his coaches to make decisions on their own. Maybe it was Daboll who didn't give McKenzie more opportunities on O? Maybe when you have a Cole that your paying good money to, you don't take him off the field?

Personally, I think Cole is gone. So, if I had to guess, McKenzie will take another 1 yr deal and we will draft someone. Who, you ask? I am on the fence with a couple,  but like Skyy Moore (2-3rd rnd). If we do go with an FA, I'm leaning towards Byron Pringle. 

On 2/5/2022 at 5:44 PM, bobobonators said:

Why cant McKenzie be that player?

FA and will probably get more than the Bills can afford.

11 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

People do realize that the triple crown receiving leader and the guy who had the most YAC in the league ran a 4.6 40.  You don't have to be a track star to be quick or productive.

Some guys have game speed and the track type testing just doesn't show it.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, LifeLongFan said:

We should only really have 4 players in first round on our radar that will make an impact with this team.

Jamison Williams- WR / Alabama ( unreal player and fast!!! ) may drop due to his ACL injury

Jahan Dotson- WR / Penn State (quick, explosive, fast and good hands)  will be tough for KC or anyone to stop Bills with Diggs, Davis, Dotson and Knox 

If we draft a WR or LB in round 1 I will puke. Seriously, how many years can we not draft a friggin corner or guard or interior big man DL and pretend it isn’t a problem? They continue to be our biggest holes just as they were last offseason. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If we draft a WR or LB in round 1 I will puke. Seriously, how many years can we not draft a friggin corner or guard or interior big man DL and pretend it isn’t a problem? They continue to be our biggest holes just as they were last offseason. 

I am right there with you on a LB. No way unless there is some ungodly trade with Edmunds (ain't happening). Hate to say it, but, with the way the line played the last few games with Bates at LG, I would not be shocked if they re-signed Bates and roll with the rest (not what I would do) and draft a couple later. I am on the CB train in rnd 1. Now, if Metchie or Burks was there,,,,,,, I could change my mind of a WR in the first.😉

On 2/5/2022 at 5:23 PM, recovery96 said:

I feel like obtaining a player with a skillset similar to Percy Harvin, Devin Hester, Dante hall, or Tyreek Hill would add a huge dimension to this offense. Imagine the play calling that would open up and the stress that would be taken off Josh. I like Isaiah, but his change of direction ability and quickness is simply not there. I understand these players are difficult to come by, but I have been thinking that drafting a player like this in the first or second round is not out of the question or even crazy. First post so let me know what you guys think.

Why can Stevenson not be that player.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Most know I am a big McKenzie fan.😁

Most are talking about speed. He's the fastest/quickest player we have (had) on the roster. He's better in man than Cole (Cole is better in Zone). He's also probably one of the most team first guys we have.

I am a big McKenzie fan as well and created an image I used called Iron McKenzie with him playing both offense and defense when he was needed to.  He showed he was more than a fast guy doing some good blocking.  But I do not think he is a team first type of guy being more @ScottLaw type constantly criticizing the Bills sometimes for his own mistakes.  He showed that he could be a major weapon when a defense could not account for his skillset.   I hope the Bills do re-sign him and he has an attitude that he can be better player and teammate without losing his upbeat infectious attitude.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am a big McKenzie fan as well and created an image I used called Iron McKenzie with him playing both offense and defense when he was needed to.  He showed he was more than a fast guy doing some good blocking.  But I do not think he is a team first type of guy being more @ScottLaw type constantly criticizing the Bills sometimes for his own mistakes.  He showed that he could be a major weapon when a defense could not account for his skillset.   I hope the Bills do re-sign him and he has an attitude that he can be better player and teammate without losing his upbeat infectious attitude.

Yup. Love the image you posted several times. Thought about borrowing it for the impact players threads, but wasn't mine to share.👍

On 2/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, LifeLongFan said:

Both are on the smaller side, which gives me concern for their durability.  Williams also doesn't seem to be a "natural hands" guy.  He catches with his body a lot.  Not opposed to either, but if the Bills are going to burn a 1st round pick on a WR I'd like for it to be on a guy who could eventually become the #1 option.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.