Travis Jones, UConn DT

Ethan in Cleveland

11 minutes ago, Lothar said:

No chance after his performance at the senior bowl practices. Just listened to a few different scouts commenting on two different podcasts and they all think he goes in the top half of the first round.

yea I don’t disagree he’s a complete DE. He’s a one year wonder and is nowhere near tapped out either. I’m also an FSU guy and he’s a high character dude too. Ideal size, untapped potential, great character, good run and pass player. I honestly think he should be right up there with the top 2 in my opinion 

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I would actually trade up ahead of the Pats for Davis...He’s going to be a Star!  👍

Im thinking Ravens DT Justin Ellis 62 350, hes a free agent that shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Over the last two years the Bills have drafted three guys in the first round to get after the QB. 

But we need a game breaker, we should have went after DE Hendrickson when he was available.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not really fair to say Lawson was a waste of money considering he tore his Achilles in training camp.

Judon was really good for much of the year. Hendrickson has also been really good. Ingram was also a really solid get for the Chiefs(for a 6th round pick).

Von Miller has also been a great add for the Rams…. My point is I wish the Bills would take more of this type of aggressive approach in FA/throughout the season in sacrificing some draft picks if necessary to get the team over the top as it looks like the strategy is about to win the Rams the SB.

Lawson has been injury prone dating back to his time at Auburn. He’s been in the NFL for 5 seasons and has played 2 full seasons. 

If we signed Lawson and he tore his Achilles you’d be throwing an absolute fit blaming Beane. Something about how he spent too much money on an injury prone player.

Ingram had 1 sack in 9 games for KC… 

Originally talking about FA… not trades during the season. Hendrickson was the only guy that can seriously be considered an impact guy.

My whole point is that those true impact guys don’t grow on trees. You’re looking at Von Miller and Trey Hendrickson that made a serious difference for their teams. Judon faded down the stretch but is a great player… I’d fit him into that category too. 

Otherwise I’m not seeing anyone that was a significant upgrade over Addison, Hughes, Rousseau, Obada. Especially at the cost it took to acquire Lawson, Okwara, etc.

Reminder: You’re the one who said there were 6-7 impact pass rushers available this off-season. 

• Agree 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:20 AM, f0neguy said:

The Bills have 9 picks this year.  There is no way they can protect that many.  If they try and stash them on the practice squad they’ll get taken.  I’d rather see 5-6 guys that make the team.  Bundle a few picks, move up, and take Davis.

The problem is, their extra picks come in the last two rounds.  As trade capital, they're not going to get you much of a return.  If Davis drops into the 20s, they you can start to think about bundling them with #25.  If you want to get real aggressive, it'll cost you picks that might otherwise turn into players who have a real chance to make the team.  It depends on how badly you want him.  BTW, I think he could be a real good addition to the Dline.

If we take a DT that high in the draft, after what we have spent on the DL lately, I'll vomit.

There just ins't a correlation between winning and a DT for it to be important enough.

Invest in what makes the team win games--OL which directly makes Josh better, another elite WR which makes Josh better, and a shut down CB that makes Mahomes and other elite QBs in the playoffs WORSE.

That's how you win---not with a freaking DT.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not really fair to say Lawson was a waste of money considering he tore his Achilles in training camp.

Judon was really good for much of the year. Hendrickson has also been really good. Ingram was also a really solid get for the Chiefs(for a 6th round pick).

Von Miller has also been a great add for the Rams…. My point is I wish the Bills would take more of this type of aggressive approach in FA/throughout the season in sacrificing some draft picks if necessary to get the team over the top as it looks like the strategy is about to win the Rams the SB.

And if McD didn’t screw up 13 seconds…..your argument would likely be out the window.  This defense was good enough to win a SB (minus our best player on D).  It wasn’t good enough on that day. 

On 2/4/2022 at 8:24 AM, OldTimer1960 said:

I think a bit early to give up on Rousseau and Basham and even Epenesa.  I would not hate a pass rusher, but would probably rather go to another position in round one.

They knew that they had to pay Allen, so didn’t want to spend on the FAs.

Totally agree.  Groot flashed early in the year, but his lack of football for the year prior and virtually zero pass rush moves eventually caught up.  I have high hopes for him after a year in a real strength and conditioning program and hopefully with him working on his rush moves.   Basham came on a bit at the end of the year too, I think he might actually end up ok, but I’m kinda wondering if they won’t kick him inside as a 3tech.  We all know the cap situation is going to require some creativity in the near future, Oliver has been good, not great, I wouldn’t be shocked if they let him walk if the price gets too high and Boogie can step in his role.   Epenessa, not a lot of hope on my end, likable guy, hard worker, but just doesn’t seem to have it.  I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see it.

I would like to see how free agency shakes out but I definitely think DT will be a need even if Phillips is resigned. Not a major frontline need but a rotational need and a longer term need as Star is likely done after 2022 as his contract is easy to get out of in 2023. 

Jones fits the bill of adding that power and toughness this team needs up the middle and he comes likely at a point in the draft that makes more sense.

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The problem is, their extra picks come in the last two rounds.  As trade capital, they're not going to get you much of a return.  If Davis drops into the 20s, they you can start to think about bundling them with #25.  If you want to get real aggressive, it'll cost you picks that might otherwise turn into players who have a real chance to make the team.  It depends on how badly you want him.  BTW, I think he could be a real good addition to the Dline.

You are correct their draft capital isn’t heavy in the early rounds. They probably will use at least one or two of those extra late picks to move up in rounds 3-5 to nab players they like but are just out of range for.

21 hours ago, Lothar said:

No chance after his performance at the senior bowl practices. Just listened to a few different scouts commenting on two different podcasts and they all think he goes in the top half of the first round.

Yep,  Johnson is officially now one of 50 players that someone on TSW will insist has no chance of falling to #25 overall.

I like draft season but the amount of hot takes that come in from people who just started looking at the available talent two weeks prior is always :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep,  Johnson is officially now one of 50 players that someone on TSW will insist has no chance of falling to #25 overall.

I like draft season but the amount of hot takes that come in from people who just started looking at the available talent two weeks prior is always :rolleyes:

Maybe.

I'm just commenting on what multiple scouts at the Senior Bowl were saying. He made most of the tackles look silly with his explosion and moves. 

Sure, he could bomb at his pro day or the combine or he could completely justify the hype.

39 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Maybe.

I'm just commenting on what multiple scouts at the Senior Bowl were saying. He made most of the tackles look silly with his explosion and moves. 

Sure, he could bomb at his pro day or the combine or he could completely justify the hype.

thsrtjhjtsj.jpg

Yeah.

A LOT can happen.

There was no combine last year so the hot takes had to wait for individual workouts so when Josh Imatorbhebhe vertical jumped 46.5" at his pro day TSW's @glazeduck became absolutely convinced that the Bills would have to draft him in round 1 to get him.

He went undrafted and is currently a free agent. :lol:

One thing to keep in mind about the Senior Bowl too...........the draft is generally about the underclassmen.

And scouts generally have their regions they focus on..........they don't necessarily see and evaluate every player available.........so where they think a player may go isn't necessarily based on an assessment of the full class.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Ingram was one of the best in the league with pressures IIRC and had two sacks in the playoffs(one against Allen forcing a fumble). 

And no, there is no way I’d be blaming Beane for an Achilles tear. 

And my point was the Bills should take more of an aggressive approach to getting those impact players whether through trade or FA…. It’s certainly worked for the Rams.

Meh.  If Tartt secures that INT for SF vs. the Rams and our coaches don't piss away 13 seconds are we talking about our "build through the draft" strategy being superior to the Rams?

19 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he's not that bad. Hes had his moments but he needs to get his size strength back, downsizing was a mistake

Epenesa is a bust.  He will be a bottom feeder on the roster next year as the 8th or 9th DL and will be a healthy scratch most if the time. He is cheap enough to keep on his rookie deal.

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah probably not… but consider that absolute dominant performance needed from Allen in that game and they still lost… and just think about Josh Allen on a team with all the talent the Rams have… they’d be overwhelming Super Bowl  favorites going into a season. 

Yeah but they would have to draft Josh cause no one’s departing with an elite QB like they would  CB or DE. And they can’t draft him cause that’s the strategy.   So I dont need to consider the Allen (insert other elite QB) on rams idea cause it’s not really possible. 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:19 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Over the last two years the Bills have drafted three guys in the first round to get after the QB. 

And they need to keep doing it until they succeed. It's the 2nd most important job in football and if you can't do it, you can't win.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.