Thursday night games to cost Amazon Prime customers more

notwoz

5 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Amazon says it's Thursday night broadcasts are "exclusive."  And it's $20 a year. I guess that's cheaper. 

Got a link for this? Sling blue has a lot of other channels for the price of a monthly subscription.

15 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Nobody's "forcing" me to subscribe to Amazon Prime. But I don't subscribe to Prime for football and I especially mind being forced to pay for ***** (and Thursday Night Football is *****) I don't watch. Is that plain enough, or do I have to draw you a f***ing picture.

Maybe you could start a GofundMe page.

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You realize we all pay for sports TV contracts if you are on cable, right?

Next year I won’t but will still enjoy the games.  I hope Amazon sends you a cool hat or something for white knighting them. I guess a username gimmick based on advertising from a 70s Buffalo tv show is pretty on brand

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Next year I won’t but will still enjoy the games.  I hope Amazon sends you a cool hat or something for white knighting them. I guess a username gimmick based on advertising from a 70s Buffalo tv show is pretty on brand

That's kind of a petty reply... he is right.

44 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Nobody's "forcing" me to subscribe to Amazon Prime. But I don't subscribe to Prime for football and I especially mind being forced to pay for ***** (and Thursday Night Football is *****) I don't watch. Is that plain enough, or do I have to draw you a f***ing picture.

Ok so breaking this one down...

1. Nobody is forcing you to subscribe.

2. You don't subscribe for football.

3. You mind being forced to pay for *****

4. You don't watch.

Yea, could you please draw that picture? Maybe you work better in Crayola than in actual words.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

If you don’t like the actual Promo the Robot, you must have a sad life. Also, it’s not as if you’re name is referring to something more recent. And Torquemada was a cruel villain who sent tons of innocent people to their deaths 500 or so years ago. Basically, a genuine villain in history. 😎

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I fear there will be no DVR features. That's how most streaming sports work, and it's crazy that the companies don't realize the value of the feature.

I don’t know if there are VOD rights here, but scrub-back rights are part of the contract. So you’ll be able to start the game and scroll back to the beginning.

As someone who gets Sunday ticket every year this really ticks me off,  I'm dropping prime, the service isn't worth $139 per year anymore especially since 2 day delivery is a thing of the past, plus free shipping is so wide spread its just not worth it. 

So I pay like $300 for Sunday ticket plus dtv costs and now I got to buy streaming to watch any Thursday games including the Bills?? Streaming quality doesn't hold the jock of satellite especially when Thursdays are already in 4k it made watching those games awesome... streaming live sports just sucks, this isn't a prerecorded event that can load and buffer like when you binge Netflix.

This is really a horrible horrible idea ... no more DVR for the game either now, great.

It's especially comical when the league talks about access for lower income people then they wipe out the games to that demographic lol

F this. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Good lord!!!  just give me one stop shop to stream all the games regardless of the night market and time and take my money 

NFL Sunday ticket should include local games.

I mean it's easy to just switch apps but I don't understand why they can't just be included. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, notwoz said:

Amazon is raising the price of Prime membership by $20 a year. They're citing the cost of its exclusive deal to televise Thursday Night Football. I know that it works out to $1.3333333333 (ad infinitum) per game for the 15 games Prime will broadcast, but I find Thursday night games to be less than compelling. It irks me that I'm forced to pay for something I rarely watch. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/amazon-to-increase-price-of-prime-membership-due-to-exclusive-thursday-night-football-deal/ar-AATrVjd?ocid=msedgntp

Funny, Prime goes up a bit to get me Thursday Night Football, but AT&T U-Verse drops the NFL Network and my cost didn’t go DOWN just a little bit. I’m sensing a pattern.  It’s OK, eventually when they go TOO far I’ll vote with my feet. Hope that doesn’t happen. 

3 hours ago, 947 said:

I'd bet 90% or more of Amazon Prime members have no interest in watching Thursday Night football. It's BS to make all members pay to cover that contract.

It's like Sirius/XM radio charging ridiculous subscriber rates to cover Howard Stern's contract, who less than half of subscribers even listen to.

This I sort of thing severely damaged traditional cable companies.  ESPN had the largest cost of all the cable stations.  Along with its sister stations and other sports networks their part of customers’ bills was very large.  That was especially true after ESPN signed a bunch of exclusive contracts to broadcast games.  But it turns out that many people who didn’t care enough about sports to pay for them started to cut the cable.  Then those games lost casual viewers and couldn’t charge what they expected for advertising, so prices went up.  A Death Spiral ensued. 

17 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

So I pay like $300 for Sunday ticket plus dtv costs and now I got to buy streaming to watch any Thursday games including the Bills?? Streaming quality doesn't hold the jock of satellite especially when Thursdays are already in 4k it made watching those games awesome... streaming live sports just sucks, this isn't a prerecorded event that can load and buffer like when you binge Netflix.

This is not correct, unless you have circa-2005 internet access. DirecTV uses fairly dated technology for its satellite feeds; Prime Video gives you way more bits and better codecs, long as your connection is ~100mbps (pretty standard for a cable modem). Also, you can’t compare DTV’s Sunday ticket streaming with Prime Video; DTV has known for years they weren’t going to renew, so they haven’t spent any money on the streaming tech while the rest of the providers have been moving forward on quality.

No networks today produce NFL in 4K BTW - anything you see called that is upscaled from their HD cameras.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.