Mike McDaniel hired as HC by Miami

Hapless Bills Fan

Personally rooting for McDaniel to get a HC Job.

This league needs people like him who can separate life/death from a game you get paid to play that is really just unscripted reality show.

McDaniel takes his job uber seriously.  But at least he can present himself in an authentic way that is unique and sets him apart from the Uber serious alpha males who treat this so seriously they are unwilling to answer simple questions.

basically I’m sort of done/bored with old school football coach saying nothing.  Lol!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Not necessarily so.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, Tua is probably a Jimmy G level QB.  But running a wide zone like the 49ers do doesn’t mean that you think you’ve got a limited QB.  The Rams run it too, though a different version than the 49ers run.  McVay acquired Stafford because he needed a better QB than Goff to run his version.  Still, Kyle Shannahan is the current master of it.  If his DB could field a gift INT then he’d be probably 7-0 against McVay despite having a lot less talent to work with. 

Truth there.  And prior to the AFCCG, Shanahan has owned McVay for the last 3 seasons.  But I believe McVay did beat him 3 out of 4 from 2017 to 2018.  Perhaps CJ Beathard at QB was too much to overcome.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This seems gratuitous.  And tacky.

One of the prime stupidities of the whole "race" concept is that appearance doesn't reflect ancestry very well.

I have a good friend who is 1/2 native Hawaiian - with red hair, freckles, and the ultra-white skin common to redheads.

This young lady has a black father most of us cheered for:

image.png.de33af42ca3e40943b239bbea92d87ec.png

whos dad? also, yowzers

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Darryl Talley.  That's his younger daughter Gabrielle who played volleyball with the Hokies and UAB.

That is wilddddd. Its good to be Darryl Talley when you have a daughter like that lol forget the ole cleaning my gun introduction. Any suiters dad will relay the intimidation for him 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

That is wilddddd. Its good to be Darryl Talley when you have a daughter like that lol forget the ole cleaning my gun introduction. Any suiters dad will relay the intimidation for him 😄

Both his daughters are very attractive and seem to take after their mom in looks.

But I think they also effectively make my point that "racial ancestry" and "appearance" don't necessarily align very well, so it's pretty silly for the guy I was answering to demand that McDaniel "23 and me" to verify the race of his father because McDaniel doesn't "look black"

• Like (+1) 3

The 49ers are getting draft picks for this? That's a joke right?

The guys grandfather is black...he looks about as black as Brian Daboll. 

Dumbest rule/incentive/whatever you want to call it in all of sports. 

Edited by Process
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, benderbender said:

It is genuinely sad to see that McDaniel's heritage is getting called "not enough" on Twitter by people who only judge based on skin color of a team photo. 

We live in a ***** up world and it's no where close to anything MLK had in mind.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

We live in a ***** up world and it's no where close to anything MLK had in mind.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Making decisions and determining awards based on race is the best way to reduce racism. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.