• Gardner Minshew
    • Mike Glennon
    • Geno Smith
    • Trevor Siemian
    • Dwayne Haskins
    • Kyle Allen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Other

I think Trubisky might be hard to retain.  If he can sign somewhere that he has better odds of getting on the field, he'll grab the opportunity.  I could live with any of the three in the middle of the list: Darnold, Mariota, Webb.  They all have some mobility like Allen.  They all have good arms, if not at Allen's level, and they have decent mobility.  All three lack consistency, which is why we're talking about them as backups.  I think any of the three would come at an affordable price, and Buffalo's coaches have proven to be adept at putting players, including QBs in a position to succeed. The knock on Trubisky in Chicago was inconsistency, and he did fine as Allen's backup.  

There’s people on this board that actually picked Mariota lol. I guess we could use him as a RB on 3 & 1 lol

6 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Trubisky might be hard to retain.  If he can sign somewhere that he has better odds of getting on the field, he'll grab the opportunity.  I could live with any of the three in the middle of the list: Darnold, Mariota, Webb.  They all have some mobility like Allen.  They all have good arms, if not at Allen's level, and they have decent mobility.  All three lack consistency, which is why we're talking about them as backups.  I think any of the three would come at an affordable price, and Buffalo's coaches have proven to be adept at putting players, including QBs in a position to succeed. The knock on Trubisky in Chicago was inconsistency, and he did fine as Allen's backup.  

I don’t see how, he really didn’t do anything to make teams want to go after him. I think he gets low ball offers and would still be a back up. Might as well stay in Buffalo

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good topic. I went with mariota only because I think Mitch follows Daboll. I think if rodgers goes to Denver we could throw a late pick at them for  Drew Locke.

Drew lock WTF??? Lol have you seen that kid play, he’s beyond abysmal. How he’s in the NFL is beyond me

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

That board is long been in the trash lol.  He’s got 4 years of tape to rethink that ranking 

As a back up I can see it. He has connection to Allen and probably would do well in this system. Just my 2 Cents

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Drew lock WTF??? Lol have you seen that kid play, he’s beyond abysmal. How he’s in the NFL is beyond me

As a back up I can see it. He has connection to Allen and probably would do well in this system. Just my 2 Cents

I don’t disagree, with the Allen connection.  I was more just down playing the relevance of them previously being high on him before he played a down

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, no thanks on Fitzpatrick. I'm way too superstitious. Every starting QB he's backed up has gotten hurt.

I'm not superstitious, so I go with Fitz. Also, remember that the Bills signed Fitz as a backup to Trent. Edwards didn't get hurt, he just sucked, which is how Fitz got the starting gig. So, for you superstitious types, Buffalo is immune to the Fitz curse.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm not superstitious, so I go with Fitz. Also, remember that the Bills signed Fitz as a backup to Trent. Edwards didn't get hurt, he just sucked, which is how Fitz got the starting gig. So, for you superstitious types, Buffalo is immune to the Fitz curse.

Trent Edwards got hurt in Fitzpatricks 1st season in Buffalo. Fitzpatrick was signed as a backup. Edwards hurt week 6 vs the Jets.

Every time he's been a backup the starter has been hurt. Going back to the Rams and the Bengals. Those were before Buffalo. After Buffalo it continued.

What's crazy is Washington signed him to be their starter and Fitzpatrick immediately gets hurt. Something with Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

If Fitz would play for a reasonable salary he is so the obvious choice. He can still play and the offense would not have to change for him to back up. He can win games still if called into action and is a great teammate and veteran leader. I would love to see him finish his career here. Mitch is Ok but too expensive and frankly he has to move on to try and get a chance to start somewhere. 

15 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Plus, Fitzy could keep the Bills on track should it be an injury Josh can come back from during the season. I mean, Mitch is ideal, but no way does he stay....

This is the pertinent situation.  Josh gets injured and misses time but is back at some point.  I think it’s pretty likely that Fitz would love to come back here and he could help the team remain competitive for a month or two if needed.  What you can’t have is a backup who will 💩 the bed for 6 weeks and pile up a 1-5 record while Josh is healing a broken bone.  If that happens then even going 8–3 in the other games only gets you to 9-8 and no playoffs.  If that backup QB can get the same team to 3-3, then even 7-4 with Allen playing gets you into the playoffs.  8-3 probably gets you the East.  Huge difference. 

14 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I share your sentiments darn near to the tee, as I too would have Trubisky as my 1st choice simply because he knows the system, has the tools, and we wouldn't miss a beat.  But literally Dalton and Winston IMO would be outstanding pickups as QB2(i would lean a little more towards Winston just because Dalton is getting a little longer in the tooth, plus I believe Winston is as physically gifted as any QB on the list, and if he can limit his int's like he did this past season in the limited time he saw, I'd be gung ho for the pickup).  Fitzy because we all love him, and I would say yes to Darnold because he's just gotten a raw deal and no continuity.

Yep. Basically I see Dalton as the safer choice while Winston is more boom-or-bust.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.