(Edit) Loss of coordinators' effect on success next season

Just in Atlanta

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Should be out of a job. 

This comment encapsulates the point of the thread.

You want him fired because his playcalling sucked in the second game against KC and because our players weren't fast enough to tackle Hill? What about the rest of the year? We're really going to fire the DC responsible for the No. 1 defense (by a landslide) in the NFL?

Then, we find a DC on a DC tree and everything will be better ... because. 

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Obviously I’m judging him on his full year, including the kc game. His D is soft and always crumbles when we need a stop. Critical penalties on 3rd downs to extend drive. Very boring and vanilla.  Yes. On paper his stats are good but I’m not a fan. 

With all due respect, his D isn't soft. Tell that to Poyer, Hyde and everyone else.

We have a D built to beat KC and NE with an O designed to score lots of points. (It obviously didn't work the second time and I'd agree the prevent D was atrocious in that last game.)

We stop the pass and the running QB. His D is the No. 1 secondary in the league. We can't stop everything. The team isn't built to defend the Darrick Henry's of the world. Besides, one RB alone isn't going to outscore Allen and Co. on most Sundays. If that's "soft" then so be it. I'm not saying that shouldn't change but that was the design this season. 

I stand by my point - finding a DC if Frazier leaves might cause a long bump performance-wise. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude what? 

Did you miss the last game the Bills played? Their defense got annihilated.

Dude - did you read the post? It's a fact that this defense was built to beat KC. That doesn't mean it didn't. Good grief man. Do you really not understand the difference between intent and result? 

17 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Obviously I’m judging him on his full year, including the kc game. His D is soft and always crumbles when we need a stop. Critical penalties on 3rd downs to extend drive. Very boring and vanilla.  Yes. On paper his stats are good but I’m not a fan. 

That's great and all, but we live in reality. What quality coach is going to want to be DC of a team that having the #1 defense wasn't good enough? I think the Bills defense were paper tigers too and they used smoke and mirrors to achieve that #1 status. I'd prefer they get a new voice at DC as well, but firing Frazier might be shooting yourself in foot. This also assume that he's utterly incapable of learning from this which is just a silly emotional reaction. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.