Maybe the Fix has been in.

Buffalo Boy

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Improper game specific scheming and intentionally poor play calling at critical moments would be the easiest ways to throw a game unless you include paying off a player to do so.  A critical INT, fumble, missed kick, blown coverage, etc. would do the trick in most games. 

This thought came in my mind also and sadly the first thing I thought of was Fraziers play calling with 13 seconds left. 

• Sad 1

A couple decades ago they had baseball players in front of congress for taking steroids?!?!

But, an owner propositioning his coach to throw game…… “ Move along folks, nothing to see here.” For a league that enjoys semi tax exempt status?

Guess I must really be a kook to believe this is kinda big news 😎

There is a lot of money to be made. Wouldn't be surprised if refs/coaches/players are paid something at some point to control outcome of a game. It is in the end just entertainment. People do a lot of silly things for money in the entertainment industry.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This thought came in my mind also and sadly the first thing I thought of was Fraziers play calling with 13 seconds left. 

Dabolls play calling in multiple games this year....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I remember when wrestlers would go ballistic if you suggested WWF (its name then) wasn't "real" and was pre-determined.

Any wrestling fan remembers Hogan putting Belzer in a sleeper and messing him up pretty good. The suggestion being "show me a move Hulkster!" like it was all fun and games and not real sport. Hogan put in him a sleeper and choked him out on live TV. 

The whole thing was nuts, especially because Mr. T was there as well, as they were doing media for their WrestleMania tag team match. Mr. T demanded the adience be filled with kids, who then watch Hogan almost kill the host on live television! LOL 

Dude went out cold and smashed his head open when he hit the floor, with blood all over the place. 

What were we talking about again? 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Betting companies have no interest in fixing games. People who claim they do don’t understand how betting companies work. All they want is that people bet. The more people and the more bets the better. 

But single people with the ability to fix an outcome might

Ive always been of the notion there is corruption in every aspect of life.

Starting from the top. World leaders are easily swayed by money.

NFL wouldnt be any different. If the Bengals and Niners draw garbage ratings you bet your bottom dollar they will try to nudge them away from another repeat.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

So the league manipulates outcomes for what end? If you think that an owner like Jerry Jones is okay with his team losing for 2 decades because it's part of a greater plan then you are crazy. 

That’s not what he is saying 

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That was as bad as imaginable.  But McDermott is the HC and it’s his defense.  It’s not like he wasn’t in on those calls, especially with the time outs.  I don’t think there was anything underhanded going on, but it was so bad it sure looked like there was. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

NFL refs now average $205,000/year. So long gone are the days of the "moonlighting referee." Sure, many have other jobs. So would you if your main gig required working 17 days a year.

If I made 200k and worked 17 days a year I wouldn’t be working a second job after the age of 40.  Life is too short to be working it away. Life would be grand making 200k a year while working 17 days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

NFL refs now average $205,000/year. So long gone are the days of the "moonlighting referee." Sure, many have other jobs. So would you if your main gig required working 17 days a year.

Where can I apply?  If required I can certainly ignore holding and pass interference calls as well as anyone. 

So you’d have to show me the motivations for such a grand, widespread fixing conspiracy. The alleged motivation of Ross is easy to see - he wanted the best possible draft position. But for multiple teams, refs, league officials and co-conspirators like gambling sites to be working something? What’s the impetus behind that scheme?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.