Terry Tate for tackling coach….

Westside

Seriously though, one reason I wouldn’t mind seeing Frazier go is his defense inability to tackle. 

This is not a new problem, it’s been happening at least the last four years. Is there such a coaching position? If not, the Bills need to invent it asap if they plan on being a serious super bowl contender next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

Seriously though, one reason I wouldn’t mind seeing Frazier go is his defense inability to tackle. 

This is not a new problem, it’s been happening at least the last four years. Is there such a coaching position? If not, the Bills need to invent it asap if they plan on being a serious super bowl contender next year.

Tackling has been a league wide issue for several years now. Teams just don’t practice live tackling on a regular basis. It’s all tackling dummies onto padded landing areas for the most part now. The days of the Oklahoma drill are long gone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Tackling has been a league wide issue for several years now. Teams just don’t practice live tackling on a regular basis. It’s all tackling dummies onto padded landing areas for the most part now. The days of the Oklahoma drill are long gone. 

Who was it Donte Whitner that mastered that "back tackle".

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

Hey, it’s better than bitching about 13 seconds. 
I would like to hear your opinion, do you think they are a good tackling team? Or do you think it’s not that big of a deal?

I haven't been part of the 13 second bitching committee.  It was bad and it happened and I hope it doesn't happen again.

As to tackling I don't think they are bad at it.  I agree with @K-9 and his points.

As Bills fans we all want offensive players who can break tackles, so every time they do I guess you can say the other teams are bad at tackling.

I also think Poyer and Hyde would disagree with your point.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Westside said:

I actually think the Bills are one of the better tackling teams.

I think the problem when they miss tackles, is that they are out of position, possibly because they make the wrong read.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Westside said:

Hey, it’s better than bitching about 13 seconds. 
I would like to hear your opinion, do you think they are a good tackling team? Or do you think it’s not that big of a deal?

I don’t know if it’s specific to us. They are limited in the amount of contact they are allowed to have, so it’s hard to work on. That’s my two cents. 

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Fun fact: the office linebacker has a voiceover role in a movie that recently premiered on Paramount Plus.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.