Joe Brady for QB Coach? [Now Hired]

Rubes

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The shallow cross is going to be a big part of our offense…YAC!

Also, Ian Thomas is going to be our #2 TE. You heard it here first.

Don't hate it.  I think we are certainly going to get a FA TE, it's a loaded class.  I want Mo Alie-Cox.

44 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He checks the "Former Panther?  Yup!" box.  But his stats are paltry.  Is he a blocking TE?

Mo Alie-Cox is slightly better in terms of production but also no great shakes.

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

He checks the "Former Panther?  Yup!" box.  But his stats are paltry.  Is he a blocking TE?

He’s a good blocker with some pass catching potential. He should be cheap and decent competition for Sweeney. 

With the limited money we have, I don’t expect us to spend a considerable amount on a #2 TE. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure Brady qualifies as a young whiz kid, but I think he might...

And that's just the type of guy I would like to fill the coaching staff with.

I hope we go more passing, more offense, more attack, more Josh involvement....and try to get 40 on the board in every game we play.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He was their project behind olsen.  That team also used CMC for a ton of targets.  Then last year they had anderson, moore, samuel get the majority of targets.  This season anderson/moore had like 270 targets.  I'm not sure if he's good or bad, but its a position that had like no role in their offense.  

When he came out i know the knocks were that he was raw but i seem to remember him having upside as a blocker.  

Edited by dneveu

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I remember a lot of pre-draft smoke around Thomas here. I thought they really liked him. He is pretty much the perfect #2. 

And the shallow cross is something I am happy to see more of. 

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

He was their project behind olsen.  That team also used CMC for a ton of targets.  Then last year they had anderson, moore, samuel get the majority of targets.  This season anderson/moore had like 270 targets.  I'm not sure if he's good or bad, but its a position that had like no role in their offense.  

When he came out i know the knocks were that he was raw but i seem to remember him having upside as a blocker.  

So CMC only played like 7 games in 2021, Olsen's been gone for 2 years, and yet this guy's targets have not increased.

If Brady wasn't designing plays to target this guy in Carolina while he actually played 60-65% of the snaps, why do we think they want to bring him here?

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s a good blocker with some pass catching potential. He should be cheap and decent competition for Sweeney.

With the limited money we have, I don’t expect us to spend a considerable amount on a #2 TE. 

Sweeney may get the chance to come into camp, but unless he has a fantastic off-season and comes into camp lighting it up, he's gone.

It's possible Beane induces the Giants to swap a low draft pick or a low-end of the roster player if Daboll considers him useful as a player-coach to teach the system

On 2/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, Saint Doug said:

Read up about him. This will be our new OC in 2-3 years. 

can’t discern if you spelled (red) or (reed). Offer up some context please.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, MAJBobby said:

OL coach is it I believe. 

And a very important one. We’ve heard nothing on this and everything we do offensively is predicated on success up front. Diamond studded PGC’s & gurus mean nothing if it can’t be blocked effectively. I’m hopeful it’s the biggest coach splash yet.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Weatherman said:

Dabol Brian who? Fixed it for ya

Well, it ain’t Flores

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/joe-burrow-jamarr-chase-dish-on-what-bills-are-getting-in-new-quarterbacks-coach-joe/article_09859454-8b96-11ec-ac4a-7f8239701286.amp.html

Burrow said they watched a lot of Brees film, Brady having just come from 2 years in NO under Payton.

Chase said they did weird hand-eye coordination drills like opening and closing doors and wearing goggles. 

Both had only good things to say in the article.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

On 2/4/2022 at 7:55 AM, Bangarang said:

Because of the recent NFL rules that favor both QBS & WR's, it's stupid for a team not to take full advantage of crossing routes. In the old days receivers going over the middle were destroyed.  Now if it's a zone read you can still go crossing route without the fear of targeting. Part of the reason our YAC is so pathetic is how few crosses & screens we call.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.