Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Believe what you like my friend but the evidence is starting to pile up that McDermott is in over his head.

And this started long before he figured out how to single handedly blow the Chiefs game and blow one of the best shots this franchise had at a SB again since the 90's.

OK, yeah. He's taken the team to the playoffs 4 of 5 years, once with Tyrod Taylor. Won the AFC East twice. Went to the AFC Championship game once. Look man, I get you have an opinion (which happens to be based on nothing valuable), but enough of the crusade.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, london_bills said:

I think the poster is referring to what Daboll said in his latest interview on GMF..

when asked about drawing a comparison between Daniel Jones and Josh Allen, Daboll said he thought it was unfair and  'It took a village to help Josh'.

They were looking to cause a reaction I'm sure.

Thanx couldn’t find the link 

7 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

They just lost one of the greatest football games ever played and it will for ever be remembered that the Bills lost cuz of coaching. I'd imagine even if these guys are best friends they probably had some things to say about eachother. Like all competitive men they were probably pissed and vented some frustrations. I could easily see daboll being pissed and visibly frustrated and that taken as "daboll wants out" by the front office. There's probably still alot of anger and frustration from that loss cuz there were serious blunders from all coaches that lead to a loss, but I'd be willing to bet there's no serious conflict or dislike between daboll, mcd, Frazier.

The text message in question was before the Chiefs game, though (January 11).  

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean everyone hates bill belichick right as far as an employer goes…but he wins. It’s not a popularity contest lol 

Same with Parcells. He and Simms would scream at each other on the sidelines during games (Phil said this happened) and Parcells wasn't shy about voicing his opinion in either complimenting a player or tearing him a new one. Yet he won just like Bill did.

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Oh the drama ;)

Who cares ?

BTW notice how Bellicheat is involved.

Can't beat them on the field destroy them off it. POS

image.thumb.jpeg.3aa7a538e8b06585bb5fa0478ef4711c.jpeg
"POS?!  Who cares?!  Oh, I care,  Mr. JMF2006.  My operatives get done with you, there will be Ford Pintos blowing up that Camaro of yours off the line..."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Most likely true that they did not see eye to eye and it may explain why Daboll was trying to run the ball in 2nd and 3rd quarters of KC game.  Bill did not open things up until they fell behind. I just hope Sean does not put handcuffs on Dorsey and our offence & Allen take steps back .  End of the day this is still a passing league and while you still need to mix in the run it's all about which teams can pass the football.

Fans should take note before trashing Daboll,  our two best offensive player Allen and Diggs loved him.  Diggs talked about how Daboll made him a better player and was tough when needed. It was not Daboll who screwed up late in that game and cost the Bills.

21 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Oh the drama ;)

Who cares ?

BTW notice how Bellicheat is involved.

Can't beat them on the field destroy them off it. POS

Someone who cared would dig into why Belichick would have been in contact with either Buffalo or NYG about the Giants HC job.

The answer is likely he wasn't, and was probably being told this information by a certain person whose father was a hardcore New England Patriot fan...and who also had a big part in the whole WFT wagon-circling that got Gruden fired but nothing else.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, london_bills said:

A text here that said Frazier wanted out and heath farwell would 'resign' over the chiefs ending.

This is pure BS…. I haven’t seen any credible sources report this and it’s been almost 2 weeks since the season ended for Buffalo.  These moves would’ve been made already

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If this is true I am even more amazed by McD. Despite misgivings, he never called the OC out, no signs of a power struggle were evident and yet the team managed to gain some balance. It was clear Daboll saw himself as OC (get off my porch) Boss and still McD kept the culture. 

I remember a few years ago when McD took over defense play calling for one game. Yet he refused to call Leslie out and turned the reins back over to him one game later. The guy is a leader. Give him a break, we're lucky to have him, despite the 13 seconds.

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Someone who cared would dig into why Belichick would have been in contact with either Buffalo or NYG about the Giants HC job.

The answer is likely he wasn't, and was probably being told this information by a certain person whose father was a hardcore New England Patriot fan...and who also had a big part in the whole WFT wagon-circling that got Gruden fired but nothing else.

BB has been the NFL for 47 years.  I imagine he has one or two contacts in other teams.    

• Like (+1) 1

Greg Cosell whose only been doing this since the 80s said point blank the Bills are the most QB centric NFL team he’s ever seen 

For Sean and Brian to not get along I can see it. How many times on this board did people ask do we even know what a slant or screen pass are? Till the Tampa game wondering if our running backs not named Josh Allen even exist. 

It’s even obvious from Brandon Beanes comments the O is going to be a little more balanced to protect Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Greg Cosell whose only been doing this since the 80s said point blank the Bills are the most QB centric NFL team he’s ever seen 

For Sean and Brian to not get along I can see it. How many times on this board did people ask do we even know what a slant or screen pass are? Till the Tampa game wondering if our running backs not named Josh Allen even exist. 

It’s even obvious from Brandon Beanes comments the O is going to be a little more balanced to protect Josh. 

I am glad you brought this up. I was going to. Cosell spoke at length about the problems with the Bills offense about 9-10 games in, and he made an excellent point. He said that running the ball consistently with your running backs isn’t just about gaining rushing yardage, but also about getting d-linemen moving sideways in anticipation. That, he said, is what opens up play action and takes the pressure off of your QB. If you’re clearly de-emphasizing a conventional running game, d-linemen don’t have to worry much about moving laterally to effectively defend rushing plays. Instead, they can just get after the QB. You gotta know that McDermott knows this, and I can only imagine that there were some intense arguments, especially in that phase where the Bills were basically running a spread offense (one that was utterly exposed vs Jax, vs Indy, and vs TB in the first half of that game). To be sure, Daboll adapted and the Bills offense became much more multiple down the stretch. But there may well be some lingering resentment on both of their parts (e.g., McDermott may blame him for the Jax loss, which was a terribly called game on offense). I certainly don’t know for sure if that’s the root of the problem, but it could be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.