Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

I take it that being the OC with Josh Allen and the Pegulas matching the Giants' giant offer had nothing to do with it . . . after we had to wait in suspense when we thought it was automatic.

Other than that . . . .

"We" thought it was automatic?

It is starting to look like the only drama in the hiring was whether the Pegulas would match the increased price brought about by some competition.  Pretty clear it is not that he hates McDermott.

Just now, Mopreme said:

I wish we could replace him with Flores.  

There was some talk of Flores maybe going to the Giants to be with Daboll, according to Sal C. on the radio earlier.

That was coming from media covering the Giants.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

So Dorsey, a guy who has been in the NFL for 14 years and was being courted by multiple teams to be OC is going to be McD's "lackey?"  Dude, find another pastime...this one is too much for you.

We know this poster's game. Better question is why it's allowed on the forum.

• Agree 1

So our former OC who was clearly attempting to take credit for Josh Allen's level of performance probably didn't get along with McD? But as soon as rumors started up about Daboll leaving, Allen was quick to say he wanted Dorsey. Yeah, sorry, I'm not really bothered by any of this. If McD was that bad, Dorsey would have left. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What makes you say that?

Is it possible you are exercising bias b/c the Bills are "your team" and you can't accept, perhaps even sub-consciously, that all is not well with the team behind closed doors?

How do we know YOU don't have the wrong take?

Lots of folks here have the "wrong take" here every week in the score prediction thread, when they predict the Bills to win--all games---by 30 points.

Do you actually know who you’re defending?   He’s been here under multiple names, giving takes and predictions that are wrong every…single…time. 

Instead of being the dark night for terrible posters, just do a little research first.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Well now Daboll can call 500 consecutive pass plays and see how that turns out. 

Funny stuff... sadly, it might actually happen. 

Anyway, It was rumored that at times during this season that McD was talking about Daboll in a very similar fashion to the way he talked about Rick Dennison...and he fired him after the season.

I also think that at half time of that Tampa bay game when the Bills losing 24-3 and looking very bad on offense. McD read the riot act to Daboll...either that or a well placed boot! 

To the 5 watt bulb Bills fans that think that McD is going to be on a hot seat anytime soon.

1999 was the last time the Buffalo Bills were in a playoff game previous to Sean McDermott being hired as the Buffalo Bills head coach in 2017! And the man took the Bills to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB. 😲The Bills leading WR that season was Deonte Thompson. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All this talk of a power struggle is naive to say the least. The boss is the boss and any of the underlings who don't like it can find the door. Since when does a coordinator have any right to usurp the power of the head coach? They don't. I think this is just sour grapes from a former head coach who doesn't like that he was fired. Making up sh!t about other guys to support your agenda will not get you very far in the NFL. GMs and owners have long memories and there are precious few jobs. This is not a good look for Flores. It would also be wise for Daboll and anyone else associated with this rant to distance themselves from the story.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Believe what you like my friend but the evidence is starting to pile up that McDermott is in over his head.

And this started long before he figured out how to single handedly blow the Chiefs game and blow one of the best shots this franchise had at a SB again since the 90's.

You are beyond tiresome.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

Agreed. But Flores just dug a hole he’ll unfortunately never recover from. Those allegations are spectacular. 

Disagree that he can't recover from it. He can go to the SWAC, recruit the heck out of kids and make that conference one of the best in the country. The only thing they need is some rich alumni (or equivalent interested folks) to provide some under the table benefits for the kids to compete with the current larger schools in the country.

It was interesting listening to McKenzie's show where he discussed the 13 seconds... Just the way he talked about McDermott. A lot of stuff like "whatever he says goes" and just the tone like McD speaks and you listen was the vibe I got. I know that's how it actually is when it comes to coaches, but it seemed like he was saying something without saying it, if you know what I mean. It was in the context of him saying the players have no idea what happened on the kickoff or why that defense was called in those 13 seconds. He sort of implied that it wasn't their business. McD makes the calls and that's that. He was very critical of it though, saying "oh with that defense that's how" about how KC got right down the field. 

But that could just be McKenzie being a bit bitter about not being used more in the offense and having been benched for a fumble. 

I wondered especially early in the season if something wasn't quite right with the team but figured I was worrying about something that wasn't real. But IMO there's a disconnect going on. Why are talented guys getting buried on the bench? Boetger and especially Bates were better than the guys they were backing up. McKenzie comes in and shows he can make huge plays on offense in the 2nd NE game. Singletary's but was nailed to the bench until late in the season, and it quickly became clear he is by far our best RB once he actually got a chance to play. 

This stuff happens, but it seems to happen a lot this season. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Disagree that he can't recover from it. He can go to the SWAC, recruit the heck out of kids and make that conference one of the best in the country. The only thing they need is some rich alumni (or equivalent interested folks) to provide some under the table benefits for the kids to compete with the current larger schools in the country.

Even though they probably deserved it, he just threw 1/16th of NFL owners under the bus. If you were an owner, would you hire him?

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.