Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

As soon as I saw this report about Daboll, I thought to myself “welp, TBD is going to handle this very well. Lots of calm and rational discussion”

Thread hasn’t disappointed so far. Shoutout to FilthyBeast, in particular. 😆

• Haha (+1) 12

34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

Troll bait.  No wonder on ignore.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

Yes..three years max...1st year is cap clearing tank year...then, 2nd year..draft QB behind leaky offensive line...then mid-third year with 2 wins, NY fans base become unruly and they end up with an interim HC.

• Agree 2

This is a throwaway line and basically a non-story. Maybe Daboll was frustrated with McD's game management or something else, or maybe he felt that McD didn't put him in the best position to be elevated into a HC.  That doesn't mean he hated the guy or that they're bitter rivals or something. 

I get frustrated at my boss and coworkers sometimes too, that doesn't mean I'm miserable and will jump ship at any opportunity.  Flores is basically bringing it up as a speculation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

I don’t think Daboll was as interested in a HC gig last year as he was this year.  He found a team with a GM he’s worked with before and with good ownership.  If the owners are patient with the rebuild, then he should do well with the Giants.

As for the Flores lawsuit, it’s an unfortunate situation.  I understand what the Rooney Rule is trying to do - get minorities exposure and opportunities for higher level jobs in the NFL.  I don’t think that there was any intentional racial bias here.  The GM is hiring the guy he’s worked with before and thinks will be successful.  I’m sure if Daboll were a minority he’d still be the new HC of the NYG.  While the inner circle, boys club, who you know argument is still valid, I don’t know what you can do about situations like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

If McD was responsible for "driving off" Bobby Johnson may I be the first to say...YAY!

Yea, I kinda have to believe that the kind of coaches that would be driven off are the ones not producing. I've worked plenty of places where everyone gets along with the boss until their boss makes them work harder.

Just now, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think Daboll was as interested in a HC gig last year as he was this year.  He found a team with a GM he’s worked with before and with good ownership.  If the owners are patient with the rebuild, then he should do well with the Giants.

As for the Flores lawsuit, it’s an unfortunate situation.  I understand what the Rooney Rule is trying to do - get minorities exposure and opportunities for higher level jobs in the NFL.  I don’t think that there was any intentional racial bias here.  The GM is hiring the guy he’s worked with before and thinks will be successful.  I’m sure if Daboll were a minority he’d still be the new HC of the NYG.  While the inner circle, boys club, who you know argument is still valid, I don’t know what you can do about situations like this.

Daboll was very interested in the LA job last year.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

Let's just pray to God we don't start running the football now that Daboll is gone.

He may have been stuck in a power battle with McDermott all year long trying to pass as much as we did.

It makes sense in that in some games, it seemed like we were sticking in weird run plays where they didn't fit or otherwise match the game plan.  Like someone was telling him to do it.

45 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He burned his bridges up here. The guy got his 1st HC job and he trashes Sean, who gave him the OC job that laid the groundwork.  Classless. Brian, every Bills player gave you a sterling endorsement and you stick in Sean's ear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

"driving off"...i highly doubt it

big ego's, high pressure, different philosophies,  coordinators angling to be a HC, all coaches looking to stay employed, owners disatisfaction, regime changes, constantly looking for ways to improve, high turnover.....lots on the line.

win or go home

42 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You have the worst takes and are always wrong so this is good for McDermott. 

What makes you say that?

Is it possible you are exercising bias b/c the Bills are "your team" and you can't accept, perhaps even sub-consciously, that all is not well with the team behind closed doors?

How do we know YOU don't have the wrong take?

Lots of folks here have the "wrong take" here every week in the score prediction thread, when they predict the Bills to win--all games---by 30 points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.