Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yes. Look at how McDermott drove Dorsey away. 

I'm sure it had more to do with JA17 and writing a fatter paycheck than the Giants were going to.

Also given these comments brought to light today, McDermott will likely be pulling the strings and dictating what type of offense to run and that should scare the hell out of Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 8

im down on mcd right now cuz of the end of the kc game (he either called for that nonsense, or was a bit asleep at the switch and let it happen), but the last thing i want is him to be a coasting palsy guy w the coordinators who just pleases them because they have the talent and not him.  a little fire and a strong stance on things is required.

if frazier wants out because mcd breathes down his neck, that's the right thing.  mcd has stepped in and improved the d which is a but of a slap to frazier, and im totally speculating, but i'd bet there was some kind of told you so when ford got the bench, williams got moved, and bates became the starter.  if not a told you so, a bit of a "took you long enough"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I'm sure it had more to do with JA17 and writing a fatter paycheck than the Giants were going to.

Also given these comments brought to light today, McDermott will likely be pulling the strings and dictating what type of offense to run and that should scare the hell out of Bills fans.

I’m not as sure as you.

Which comments indicate McDermott is a dictator of the offense?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yes. Look at how McDermott drove Dorsey away. 

I take it that being the OC with Josh Allen and the Pegulas matching the Giants' giant offer had nothing to do with it . . . after we had to wait in suspense when we thought it was automatic.

Other than that . . . .

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I suspect that there are a few other people who are not happy with McCoach . . . especially with how our season ended.

As I have said before, I do not think that he should be fired, but his seat is a little bit warmer and he will not be given the benefit of the doubt that he has had thus far.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Bills. Thus far, McD has been very fortunate with the strength of schedule and relatively few injuries and (most importantly) a GM who supports him.

I am sorry but anyone who thinks McDermott's seat is getting hotter is the same type of person that only calls you when drama is happening in your life or the type of person who hasnt figured out that breaking up with girl after girl doesnt change their relationship results.  Bored people who just like chaos and upheaval because it makes them feel less bored. 

McDermott may be boring because he isnt new, or because he makes mistakes (like every other coach in the NFL) but for God's sake he has been to the playoffs four of five years,  and is 17 games over .500 (you know what we got use to for 17 years).   The guy didnt luck into the results, he is a good NFL coach.   It wasnt the strength of schedule, it wasnt luck because of injury.  Its because he is good at his job, and the GM he brought in drafted a stud QB, both of whom are good at their jobs.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Wow, Flores is swinging a bit wild, trying to torch as many people as possible. Thought he was a good coach who got a raw deal, should have a head coaching gig & should be frustrated about how things have turned out, but this whole burn the entire world down thing... comes off a bit too cray cray. Not sure how much of the tell all gossip to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Can I ask why you make up doom scenarios for the Bills all the time...

Yet you make the Dolphins out to be some great team every year and it backfires both ways.

This is a massive story and the ramifications are far reaching.

We truly aren't going to be able to fathom the impact this is going to have on next year's season for months to come, not just the Bills but entire league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

Why, because the HC wants to improve and openly speaks how he wanted to do it?

There's no "problem" and much less Buffalo is such a "paradise",  is a football team that want to win from top to bottom, and in the middle there are certain pieces that prevented it from being achieved, I'm not saying Daboll is a bad OC, just he toped here, and he refuses to accept it.    

I do find this report a bit concerning, if even true.  But...

I once worked for a certain Army major.  Personally, I loved & respected the guy - would have run through brick walls for him.  A few others felt the same.  But there were one or two who couldn't stand him. 

The chemistry doesn't always work out - even between good people.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is a massive story and the ramifications are far reaching.

We truly aren't going to be able to fathom the impact this is going to have on next year's season for months to come, not just the Bills but entire league.

It's massive for the rooney rule but that is about it. It isn't massive for McDermott in any way.

It isn't going to have any impact on the season... the season will play on.

Edited by TBBills

28 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

He may succeed. He may end up Freddie Kitchens 2.0. Either way at the time McD wasn't wrong to say publicly they needed more balance. They absolutely did. And may bet would be he had said it to Daboll on private a time or two as well before that.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am sorry but anyone who thinks McDermott's seat is getting hotter is the same type of person that only calls you when drama is happening in your life or the type of person who hasnt figured out that breaking up with girl after girl doesnt change their relationship results.  Bored people who just like chaos and upheaval because it makes them feel less bored. 

McDermott may be boring because he isnt new, or because he makes mistakes (like every other coach in the NFL) but for God's sake he has been to the playoffs four of five years,  and is 17 games over .500 (you know what we got use to for 17 years).   The guy didnt luck into the results, he is a good NFL coach.   It wasnt the strength of schedule, it wasnt luck because of injury.  Its because he is good at his job, and the GM he brought in drafted a stud QB, both of whom are good at their jobs.  

If you really think that McCoach's seat is not a bit warmer, I wonder if you watched the cluster f*ck that occurred at the end of the Chiefs game. Epic all time blunders.  So much so that even the two guys who are paid by the Bills on OBD said how horrible the decision making was. Even Sean Payton (until this past month a fellow member of the coaches union) was very, very critical.

You also are kidding yourself if you don't think that we have been blessed with good schedules and relatively few injuries while he has been coach.

As I recall, we were 2-4 against playoff teams this past year and winless in close scoring games.

As I said, I do not think that he should be fired, but he is certainly going to be viewed differently after what happened.

P.S. McCoach is lucky to have Josh Allen as his QB . . . as we all are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

So McDermott is an a--hole to coach under, but a few extra bucks will get coaches to stay? Do I have that right?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A couple of things:

1.  Brian Flores has HUGE balls.  I don’t know that I agree with all of the allegations in the complaint, but if I was the victim of the sham nonsense that he describes, I’d be pretty torqued about it, too. 

2.  I think there’s something to the Daboll stuff that going around here and in that complaint.  He struck me as . . . very unhappy as the season progressed.  

3.  The night before Schoen was announced as the NYG GM a middle aged, obese bald man bailed on work early and was celebrating.  Take it for what it’s worth.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

Yes, the guy that had several teams chasing him, including Daboll, just chose to stay in Buffalo to be McD's lackey at OC.  Makes a ton of sense...  🤔

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

So Dorsey, a guy who has been in the NFL for 14 years and was being courted by multiple teams to be OC is going to be McD's "lackey?"  Dude, find another pastime...this one is too much for you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.