Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MWK said:

Could the speculation have been true?

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 13
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 22
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 16

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

I think Daboll will be OK... even if he flames out at the Giants he wont have much trouble going to be an OC somewhere..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Three years if he’s lucky. My Giants fan buddies think that organization is so f’d up, he’ll be lucky to last two. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

You have the worst takes and are always wrong so this is good for McDermott. 

Believe what you like my friend but the evidence is starting to pile up that McDermott is in over his head.

And this started long before he figured out how to single handedly blow the Chiefs game and blow one of the best shots this franchise had at a SB again since the 90's.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 15

I doubt there is anything different in the NFL now than in the last 50 years, other than money.

The difference is social media gossip and nonsense.

All of these things likely occurred throughout the history of the league, and I never believe a word of this speculative gossip.

It's certainly taken on a sleazier vector. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Believe what you like my friend but the evidence is starting to pile up that McDermott is in over his head.

And this started long before he figured out how to single handedly blow the Chiefs game and blow one of the best shots this franchise had at a SB again since the 90's.

You remind me of a guy used to be named "Butch from the Eastside"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I suspect that there are a few other people who are not happy with McCoach . . . especially with how our season ended.

As I have said before, I do not think that he should be fired, but his seat is a little bit warmer and he will not be given the benefit of the doubt that he has had thus far.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens with the Bills. Thus far, McD has been very fortunate with the strength of schedule and relatively few injuries and (most importantly) a GM who supports him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

McDermott seems like a guy who trusts his coaches. But with great power comes great responsibility…I think when they screw up he doesn’t take it too well. I don’t gather he is much fun to be around. I don’t know if it means anything. Most head coaches are like this. That’s my 2 cents. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.