Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

You are beyond tiresome.

I think we just report his posts. He's not having a discussion about issues, mistakes, etc. He's gaslighting and pushing propaganda to get a response which is trolling. Enough reports and the moderators might do something.

1 hour ago, Process said:

There was also a report recently, I can't remember the source, that said Frazier wanted out, wasn't there?

..and yet he's still here..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MWK said:

Could the speculation have been true?

The claim features Tim McDonnell, the Giants co-director of pro-personnel, texting "heard Daboll isn't happy with Sean in Buffalo...might be able to get out if he doesn't get a HC job...thoughts?"

So this is 1) hearsay - McDonnell "heard" 2) lacks context - who did McDonnell hear it from?  3) therefore is impossible to evaluate

The title of this thread is misleading, because it's a long jump from a hearsay claim in a lawsuit (where the coach in question in fact was not "driven away", but left to take a promotion to one of 32 HC jobs in the NFL)  to "McDermott is driving away coaches".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Even though they probably deserved it, he just threw 1/16th of NFL owners under the bus. If you were an owner, would you hire him?

Given enough success, yes. While he threw the actions of some of the owners under a bus, if I believed that it was justified, then maybe I would look at that as a positive? Especially if I was trying to do things the right way. Or if I just wanted to piss the other owners off (a la Al Davis).

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The claim features Tim McDonnell, the Giants co-director of pro-personnel, texting "heard Daboll isn't happy with Sean in Buffalo...might be able to get out if he doesn't get a HC job...thoughts?"

So this is 1) hearsay - McDonnell "heard" 2) lacks context - who did McDonnell hear it from?  3) therefore is impossible to evaluate

The title of this thread is misleading, because it's a long jump from a hearsay claim in a lawsuit (where the coach in question in fact was not "driven away", but left to take a promotion to one of 32 HC jobs in the NFL)  to "McDermott is driving away coaches".

While I understand this is hearsay, I'm going to suggest that Schoen seems to be the likely candidate to provide that info.

• Like (+1) 1

Talk is cheap.  The only coaches who have moved-on are Daboll, who got a HC'ing job, and the under-performing Bobby Johnson, whose contract expired.  As for Frazier, if he called the plays during those 13 seconds, he should want to leave out of shame.  Same for Farwell, whose job it was to tell Bass to squib kick it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All year I felt like daboll would call plays that were weird or bad to prove a point

Like the only games that sent receivers across the middle constantly were the big must win games. Other than that routes were always down field. While we have small shifty receivers 

A ton of games had the bills just lack creativity at all on offense then some games it was only creativity 

I guess what I'm saying was it was definitely a weird season 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It was interesting listening to McKenzie's show where he discussed the 13 seconds... Just the way he talked about McDermott. A lot of stuff like "whatever he says goes" and just the tone like McD speaks and you listen was the vibe I got. I know that's how it actually is when it comes to coaches, but it seemed like he was saying something without saying it, if you know what I mean. It was in the context of him saying the players have no idea what happened on the kickoff or why that defense was called in those 13 seconds. He sort of implied that it wasn't their business. McD makes the calls and that's that. He was very critical of it though, saying "oh with that defense that's how" about how KC got right down the field. 

But that could just be McKenzie being a bit bitter about not being used more in the offense and having been benched for a fumble.

Yeah, about that....Sal and Sneaky Joe had 'Zo Alexander on their show.  I'll try to loop back with a link.

FWIW, Zo said "The players know what happened for sure" and "The players know, and the players will handle it"

I didn't hear it myself, but our own reliable @YoloinOhio said that McKenzie admitted sleeping through McDermott's address to the team and coming in late on that Monday, so perhaps McKenzie doesn't know what happened because he wasn't there ....and no one from the D is telling him because he said he got on the plane and told the D "I got to go back to my hotel room with my dog, and pack...because of YOU". 

I wouldn't go out of my way to clue that guy in so he could go torment one of my teammates.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

Your posts are so incredibly dumb. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

All year I felt like daboll would call plays that were weird or bad to prove a point

Like the only games that sent receivers across the middle constantly were the big must win games. Other than that routes were always down field. While we have small shifty receivers 

A ton of games had the bills just lack creativity at all on offense then some games it was only creativity 

I guess what I'm saying was it was definitely a weird season 

I'd just like to point out here that all year, Ken Dorsey had the title "passing game coordinator".  So maybe it's not a good thing he got promoted to OC.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Yes..three years max...1st year is cap clearing tank year...then, 2nd year..draft QB behind leaky offensive line...then mid-third year with 2 wins, NY fans base become unruly and they end up with an interim HC.

Are people actively hoping he fails? Is this a thing now? I'm grateful for his part in making this team exciting. I hope he finds success, just not as much as the Bills. Seems there are a lot of bitter ex's here though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef61ea5b0bb8c6cc670f1dab3bfd41a1.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

He burned his bridges up here. The guy got his 1st HC job and he trashes Sean, who gave him the OC job that laid the groundwork.  Classless. Brian, every Bills player gave you a sterling endorsement and you stick in Sean's ear.

Where did Daboll trash McDermott?

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Three years if he’s lucky. My Giants fan buddies think that organization is so f’d up, he’ll be lucky to last two. 

It's not likely Daboll will succeed at HC anymore than Frazier did in Minnesota. Daniel Jones will be his final dagger. It took Daboll nearly 3 1/2 years to realize the value of pulling guards on your running plays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Who cares.   Daboll thought he was going to be a coach in 2021 cycle and didnt get it, furthermore he was pissy because McDermott publicly stated they needed to be more balanced on offense.   I honestly think he came off like a goof in his opening press conference.   Three years from now, Daboll will be asking for his job back.

Three years from now, Daboll and Flores will both be working for the Raiders............where careers go to die

• Like (+1) 1

• MWK changed the title to Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?
2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Are people actively hoping he fails? Is this a thing now? I'm grateful for his part in making this team exciting. I hope he finds success, just not as much as the Bills. Seems there are a lot of bitter ex's here though. 

I do think the poster was talking more about he team than the man, but I'm with ya,  You gotta root for Daboll at least a bit, he's a Buffalo guy, so I wish him success.  May we meet in the Super Bowl next year (at which time, it will be just fine to spank him).  :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.