Mike Munchak available for OL coach

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Shocked that I'm the first to mention "Earhart-Perkins" and "pin and pull".

TSW, you are slipping.  

Munchak is a mixed bag. Some zone, some gap, some pin and pull. I like the idea of a guy who is good at everything and will work the system to  play to the strengths of the players

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Munchak would be a fantastic hire.  As others have mentioned, Cable and Callahan are very good, experienced OL coaches, both of whom - and maybe all 3 - have been NFL head coaches at some point.  I'd love for the Bills to get their hands on one of them.  I particularly like Munchak due to his flexibilty in philosophy (which I learned about 2 minutes ago in this thread) and his repuation as a great player in the league (which I have known for years).

Given the deep pockets owners, the stable coaching and GM situation, the 4 out of 5 years in the playoffs (winning playoff games in consecutive years) and, oh yeah, a franchise QB with MVP and HOF ability, I think the Bills are a sought-after desination for coaches in general.  We also have some pieces on the OL, with Dawkins and Brown as anchors, Bates as a solid contributor, guys like Williams, Morse, and Feliciano who are veterans with lots of starting experience and some good seasons under their belts, and even Cody Ford, a "developmental prospect" that a good OL coach might see as a project/challenge.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

O line coaches like the chance to win SBs also.

We are a destination.

There is also solid talent to work with. Mitch is a quality center, Dawkins a good LT, D.Williams a good vet, Spencer Brown an up and coming player and Bates a restricted free agent played well to end the season at guard. It isn't like you don't have a solid unit to work with either. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just going to say that he's been on the same staff as Mike Shula and Pat Shurmur, who both have strong connections to our coaching staff (Shurmur coached with McDermott in Philly and Shula coached with McDermott and Dorsey in Carolina), so he'd have a good resource to find out if he wanted to come here.

I also think it's a good bet that one of Shula or Shurmur could be our next QB coach.

Also, he's a Penn State guy just like Pegula.

Edited by BrooklynBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

There is also solid talent to work with. Mitch is a quality center, Dawkins a good LT, D.Williams a good vet, Spencer Brown an up and coming player and Bates a restricted free agent played well to end the season at guard. It isn't like you don't have a solid unit to work with either. 

You know they're about to spend some draft resources on the OLine as well, which should also be an intriguing opportunity for Munchak or anybody else.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.