Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

2 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

How can anyone say he was given a fair shot if the decion was made before he even walk into the building? I get it you cant tell people who to hire. But this rule was created to give people of color a shot because they didnt even get THAT before. The only time they get hired is when the team is tanking. 

If, in fact, a hiring decision was reached before he walked into the building, he was not given a fair shot.

But the Giants contest that.  And talking to former employers/seeking their input does not constitute undue influence.  Forming an impression of who the lead candidate is based on initial interviews/recommendations does not constitute a hiring decision either.

If the former employer gains an impression about the status of the process and procedes to share it around, that also does not constitute a hiring decision.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The more Flores speaks the more his lawsuit sounds ridiculous

Thats the feeling im getting.

He got hired as a HC, guess what your team owner isnt racist, he fired you because you wouldn't follow orders. then says the Broncos interview was a sham, all the other guys who interviewed didn't get the job either, but by doing the interview you probably got good reviews that led to the dolphins job.

Bottom line Flores, if you tanked and tried to get Brady as your QB you'd still be the dolphins coach, period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thats the feeling im getting.

He got hired as a HC, guess what your team owner isnt racist, he fired you because you wouldn't follow orders. then says the Broncos interview was a sham, all the other guys who interviewed didn't get the job either, but by doing the interview you probably got good reviews that led to the dolphins job.

Bottom line Flores, if you tanked and tried to get Brady as your QB you'd still be the dolphins coach, period.

@Nextmanup  😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The more Flores speaks the more his lawsuit sounds ridiculous

He lost me at “Plantation” backstabbing BB per Florio that he had a hand in BD getting the Giants over him. He had both of them in his employ for many years. Flores was never a DC .. position coach. Perhaps Flores should be more appreciative with BB since I’m sure he supported his Phins hire.

Seems since he pushed for Judge last hire who knows. But Flores looking all about Flores.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If, in fact, a hiring decision was reached before he walked into the building, he was not given a fair shot.

But the Giants contest that.  And talking to former employers/seeking their input does not constitute undue influence.  Forming an impression of who the lead candidate is based on initial interviews/recommendations does not constitute a hiring decision either.

If the former employer gains an impression about the status of the process and procedes to share it around, that also does not constitute a hiring decision.

Apparently the bills knew it too according to the text. At the end of the day there is no fixing it. You have the right to hire whoever you want. Reguardless of qualifacation. There needs to be more black owners. When jayz was trying to become a owner people called him a sellout!? So it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Apparently the bills knew it too according to the text. At the end of the day there is no fixing it. You have the right to hire whoever you want. Reguardless of qualifacation. There needs to be more black owners. When jayz was trying to become a owner people called him a sellout!? So it is what it is. 

I think that's a very stretched interpretation of the texts in Flores lawsuit, and just because Belichick texts it doesn't make it true.

Black owners, great.  Flores hiring practices for his own coordinators might not have been transparent and included minorities, so there's that.

I think the NFL should be sponsoring graduate assistantships in college for Black players who want to start coaching and also raise the pay for the entry-tier of assistant coaches.  My understanding is the lowest rung don't pay enough to support a family but work them too hard to have a 2nd job.  Pay them so that anyone with an interest can take the job and make it, and you'll wind up with a more assistant coaches to choose from.

My second dumb idea would be work to create opportunities for the coaching assistants and management to interact off season when there's more time.  I believe like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" said, "some people are apples...some are pears..underneath it all, we're all fruit!" and if people get together enough to find that commonality, then it's easier to evaluate them fairly.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Flores is suggesting that Belichick influenced the Giants to choose Daboll over him.  

Why would BB do this?   PFT says it was to hurt a division rival.  

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/brian-flores-claims-giants-decision-to-hire-brian-daboll-was-made-with-bill-belichicks-influence/

Give me a break.  The writing was on the wall for Daboll as the front runner for head coach when the Giants hired Schoen as the GM.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hired (and fired) countless people over a couple decades. There were times where I knew who was available, and I knew who I wanted. I would interview others and go through the process, but I still wanted who I wanted. There is nothing wrong with that. 

I’m sure Daboll was close to a done deal when they were interviewing for the GM position. It was a package deal in some respects. Going through the process does not mean it was racist. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hired (and fired) countless people over a couple decades. There were times where I knew who was available, and I knew who I wanted. I would interview others and go through the process, but I still wanted who I wanted. There is nothing wrong with that. 

I’m sure Daboll was close to a done deal when they were interviewing for the GM position. It was a package deal in some respects. Going through the process does not mean it was racist.

It doesn't mean the process is racist by intent.  But when there are reportedly ~40% black assistant coaches and only 3-9% black HC, something about the process is leading to a racially biased hiring result.   And the Rooney Rule, while well intentioned with the current changes, ain't doing ***** to create change.

My take. 🤷‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It doesn't mean the process is racist by any intent.  But when there are reportedly ~40% black assistant coaches and only 3-9% black HC, something about the process is leading to a racially biased hiring result.   And the Rooney Rule, while well intentioned with the current changes, ain't doing ***** to create change.

My take. 🤷‍♂️

Please don’t get me wrong. Improvement is needed. I don’t have all the answers, but it should be better. Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen as quickly as we would like to see. That’s just how it works. 

I have to wonder, since college seems to lead the NFL in some strange ways, are they seeing any more progress there? I don’t follow college ball enough to have any idea, but it does make me curious. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.20d94ff052f31e3cde5d4c77e9066e42.jpeg

So in English he doesn’t have proof, wow if this is all Flores has then he’s screwed. 

In English, I don't think it means what you think it means.  I think the translation is more like "I'll see you in court with my proof, Beeyotches"

Although there's a lot of space in the word "aware"

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If you haven't read Hue Jackson's latest contributions you really need to...

Is this for real? 

Linky?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I wouldn’t mind Kraft offering him the chair under BB with the knowledge he will take over when he retires..  I liked Flores I think he is a good coach who went to a crap organization from owner on down.

With the way Flores threw Belichick under the bus in the last day or so with his additional comments, I’d be highly shocked if Flores is ever near Belichick or Patriotsland again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.