Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If he quit the Owner probably would have made sure he never got another NFL job, as it appears now it seems he did that after firing him anyways.  He was the best HC candidate out there and yet hardly a sniff.. it does smell rather off..

How did Ross convince 8 other owners not to hire Flores?  

Flores didn't the his firing graciously a few weeks ago.  People took notice.  In fact even here posters felt he was poisoning his chances at another job.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

OL wasn't good, Allen has the ability to audible out of any play. The entire offense was flat and played like *****. 

S. Griffin even commented after the game how it looked like we didn't care during the game, that is on players...

There were a lot of issues with the offense the first 2/3 of the season. I really believe McD pushing Daboll to run more, combined with a little luck on the line with Bates and Brown, led to a much better offense.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, klos63 said:

he obviously ignored those requests. I'm sure it's a difficult situation for a first year HC. Let's not get confused over who the bad guy in this is. It's the guy offering money to lose, not the guy that refused to go along with it

Let's not forget that Flores has only made these claims a few years later, after he was fired, and without (so far) proof.

Just now, klos63 said:

There were a lot of issues with the offense the first 2/3 of the season. I really believe McD pushing Daboll to run more, combined with a little luck on the line with Bates and Brown, led to a much better offense.

Oh I agree, not using the jet sweeps etc., it felt like trying to force a different offense on the team, along with an abysmal OL.

Pretty crazy how this story hits the fan the day of Brady’s retirement.  That’s now second page news, and of course Super Bowl festivities with all the NFL parties, etc..  what amazing timing for this sordid story to hit.

And all this interview stuff rubbed me the wrong way when the Bills coaches were being interviewed in the middle of their playoff game preparations. 

Josh picked a great week to blow off NFL Pro Bowl stuff and go golfing .

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Let's not forget that Flores has only made these claims a few years later, after he was fired, and without (so far) proof.

It's very very rare for an HC to get fired from his current job and immediately walk into another HC job.

Even BB had to wait 5 years in-between Cleveland and NE. Caroll had to go to USC. Harbaugh went to Michigan.

Andy Reid did. But Andy went to the playoff 9 times, went to the Superbowl, 4 straight conference championships. etc.

Flores couldn't hold a candle to Andy Reid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How did Ross convince 8 other owners not to hire Flores?  

Flores didn't the his firing graciously a few weeks ago.  People took notice.  In fact even here posters felt he was poisoning his chances at another job.

Gracefully? Only a moron owner like Ross would fire a HC that had the team going in the right direction.  Mind you I’m glad I want Miami to join the Jets in futility and just be my Pats and the Bills fighting for the division.. but Flores was hosed and everyone knew it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Gracefully? Only a moron owner like Ross would fire a HC that had the team going in the right direction.  Mind you I’m glad I want Miami to join the Jets in futility and just be my Pats and the Bills fighting for the division.. but Flores was hosed and everyone knew it.

Cause starting a season 0 and 7 and losing out of the playoffs last year is all unicorns and rainbows?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It's very very rare for an HC to get fired from his current job and immediately walk into another HC job.

Even BB had to wait 5 years in-between Cleveland and NE. Caroll had to go to USC. Harbaugh went to Michigan.

Andy Reid did. But Andy went to the playoff 9 times, went to the Superbowl, 4 straight conference championships. etc.

Can you name 1 HC who was ever fired after having back to back winning seasons? I know the Lions fired a coach after 1 winning season and replaced him with Patricia.. (dumbest move ever.. and to Flores point a black coach who never got another chance )

Should there be more than 1 black HC, absolutely.  There are absolutely more than 1 qualified black HC out there.  

That being said, I keep seeing the 70% black statistic.  While valid… what position typically dictates if a HC is successful or not?…. Quarterback.   And what percentage of league’s QB’s are white?  

If we’re going to play that game, and we should not, it’s a QB driven league.  Your HC better be able to work with your QB and/or hire the requisite coaches to do so.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

How did they "make" him sit through a nine-hour interview... what, no eating was involved? When you fly in anyhow for an interview, why would they limit it to an hour? Wouldn't a shorter interview be more of a sham interview?

Is the GM of the Vikings (see below) intent on not hiring a Black coach who he has a relationship with, but he thought he'd make it look good? I guess we will be watching, but for what exactly... 

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/what-to-expect-from-kwesi-adofo-mensah

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

Cause starting a season 0 and 7 and losing out of the playoffs last year is all unicorns and rainbows?

You finished 8-1 and missed the playoffs by a game.. and the season at 9-8.  Again I can’t think of 1 coach fired after 3 winning seasons.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I thought Flores did a great job his first season and said so here at the time.  COTY candidate.

For the purposes of this discussion, it doesn't matter.   Owners fire decent  coaches and hire predictably bad coaches (looking at you Rex).  Lots of owner are football morons.  None of that comes into play.  

Flores could have more convincingly filed a suit against Ross for firing him after he wouldn't take money to tank.  That would have been a chip shot.  My guess is he didn't because he can't prove that.  So he stuck it in his Bill of Particulars for the clicks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can you name 1 HC who was ever fired after having back to back winning seasons? I know the Lions fired a coach after 1 winning season and replaced him with Patricia.. (dumbest move ever.. and to Flores point a black coach who never got another chance )

Marty schottenheimer was let go after 3 straight, going 14-2, and winning the division 2 out of 3 years.  Flores didn't make the playoffs either year he had a winning record.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Michael Silver is a disgusting human being and should be ignored.  He and all his ilk.

I also don't think Flores' career is over.  If we replaced Frazier with him, many people here would jump for joy, me included.  (I'd replace McDermott with him, too, but that's more controversial).

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

You finished 8-1 and missed the playoffs by a game.. and the season at 9-8.  Again I can’t think of 1 coach fired after 3 winning seasons.

He only had 2 winning seasons and the team got blown out both years when they had a chance to make the playoffs.  Week 16 to the titans this year and week 17 to the bills the year before.  Neither game was even close.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That is what is perplexing. He would have been a hot DC commodity with all these staff changes

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think an admission that your team went through the motions simply to comply with the rules should still come with a penalty; regardless of how one feels about the rule.

But it doesn't.  The rule is the rule.  It calls for what it calls for.  It does not call for a penalty.

Now.  If someone with HC hiring authority on the Giants called or emailed or texted or sent a FedEx packet to Daboll offering him the job AFTER he interviewed on Tuesday Jan 25 but BEFORE Flores interviewed on Thursday Jan 27, then yes, it was a sham interview, and possibly violated the Rooney Rule requiring at least 1 in-person interview of a minority HC candidate from outside the organization

But if someone who is somewhere down in the chain of command told Belichick that they were really wowed by his interview and it looks like Daboll's their guy, then Belichick reacted to congratulate Daboll, that leaves Schoen and Mara and whoever else the final decision makers are with "plausible deniability".

It happens all the time that the guy or gal you interview early blows you away, but if there are other interviews already set up, you may go ahead with them because, you never know, the next interviewee may be even better and change your mind!!!!  You might drop a few breadcrumbs to keep the first fish on the hook though...

In this case, there's an NFL requirement that you go ahead with the interview you've set up.

But still, unless whoever has the hiring authority actually told Daboll "congratulations, you got the job!" before Flores interviewed 🤷‍♂️, and Bill Belichick's premature (and misdirected) ejaculations of "sounds like you've landed, congrats!" and "I hear you're their guy, hope it works out if you want it to" don't really amount to much

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.