Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

If what is claimed about Ross is true, he should be stripped of ownership and forced to sell. 

Also, if the Dolphins want this tossed out all they got to do is hire another minority to replace him,  Lesley Frazier come on down! Polar opposite personality from Flores too.

Consequently, I think Flores strategically filed this before the Dolphins hired a replacement so if they do hire a minority he can claim they did so only because of the lawsuit.

Sorry of this is mentioned, I read some of the thread but not the full 27 pages lol good lord this just broke a few hours ago. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And if the league won't hire him for telling the truth then his suit is absolutely spot on.

It won’t matter much if he is telling truth or not. Clubs will view him as a liability and potential risk moving forward. Same deal with Kaepernick his talent wasn’t worth dealing with the distraction he would bring and effectively ended his career. 

17 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Billy Belichick is absolutely getting deposed & called to testify. Be interesting to see if he confirms that he knew Daboll had the job early as the texts suggest, or if he takes one for the NFL & says he was just "speculating" (in which case the suit falls apart). Belichick is in an uncomfortable spot.

Wonder if Dolphins get in trouble w/ the league. & Schoen is definitely off to a rocky start.

While I get the suit & why Flores brought it, I don't get why he threw in the bit about Daboll not getting along w/ McD. Seems unnecessary for the suit & just a mean spirited attempt to attack Daboll, who frankly isn't at fault for what Giants management may have done (he was just the other guy trying to get the job). Kind of ***** deal for Daboll who now starts under a cloud of controversy w/ a question about the legitimacy of his hire.

This whole thing will be messy for the NFL, wonder if it will translate into any real change.

I mean the texts he sent don't really indicate he had anything more than rumor/sentiment from people he knew in the Bills and Giants organizations.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Head to head as candidates...the offense run by Daboll frequently B smacked Flores's defenses. Not everything is cut and dry.

Yep, no guarantee that Flores would be the better coach for the job.

But he was more qualified.

And for that he at least deserved a legitimate chance if he was being interviewed.

Sham-interviewing him after what had happened in Miami was ugly.

If you are going to just hire your guy either way..........interview some people who know they are just getting Rooney Rule looks.........not the more proven, local guy.

There were plenty of excuses to hire Daboll without doing that.

49 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Right so he’s got the Dolphins for potential tampering and competitive tanking.
Giants and Broncos he has nothing so the racism issue is not happening. Since in fact Miami hired him in the first place. Perhaps his personality and poor O had a lot to do with not getting a job this cycle. At 40 with his career ahead of him. Fair would have him get the Giants job is that your point? 

you gotta read the twitter analysis of the lawsuit doc - there is ver batim texts that say elway showed up drunk / hungover and an hr late to the interview

and BB mistakenly texted flores 3 days before saying daboll already had the job

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well 58% of the players in the league are black, so if we’re trying to figure out a number that might be a good place to start. 

Not trying to figure out a number.  

I like the rule and that it gets guys in the door and elevates everyone getting interviews.  

Ultimately the quality of the coaches will show in these interviews and combined with their reputations they built and the results they achieve - that's what has to get them jobs.  They are and they will continue to.  

That almost half the coordinators will be minority shows that the head coaching number won't be far behind.  To whatever it will be.  

If you own a billion or 2 billion dollar football team you're not turning over your franchise to just anyone if you aren't sure.  This isn't that simple. 

But Ross did.  And not only that, offensive coaches have a leg up on everyone right now. 

This is why you don't just throw around racism without legitimate issue or proof - Flores, Black Coach, was hired in this system.  The league changed and expanded the rules.  Women are getting coaching positions and while I don't have numbers I'll bet there are more minority coaches in the game then ever.  

Ross is trash, and Flores is a jack **s

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And for that he at least deserved a legitimate chance if he was being interviewed.

If you are going to just hire your guy either way..........interview some people who know they are just getting Rooney Rule looks.........not the more proven, local guy.

So it's ok to Rooney rule Tee Martin but not Flores?

I mean the clubs hands are tied really. They are doing what they must to satisfy a rule. 

The NFL might be somewhat liable for creating the situation we are currently in.

If you can win in this league you will always have a job regardless of anything else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What if the Giants wanted Daboll and he...I don't know...did something unexpected like took the Miami job instead? Would leave the Giants in a real pickle. What if the current Giants DC got the Minnesota HC job (he was interviewed). Now you have interviewed Flores as a possible fall back option. You have a list of guys you interviewed and can press on. Seems like due diligence and being prepared to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not trying to figure out a number.  

The quality coaches will show in interviews and the reputations they build and the results they achieve.  That almost half the coordinators will be minority shows that the head coaching number won't be far behind.  To whatever it will be.  

If you own a billion or 2 billion dollar football team you're not turning over your franchise to just anyone if you aren't sure.  This isn't that simple. 

But Ross did.  And not only that, offensive coaches have a leg up on everyone right now. 

This is why you don't just throw around racism without legitimate issue or proof - Flores, Black Coach, was hired in this system.  The league changed and expanded the rules.  Women are getting coaching position and while I don't have numbers I'll bet there are more minority coaches in the game then ever.  

Ross is trash, and Flores is jack **s

I’m not interested in determining the correct number either, all I’m saying is 3% is a long way off from 58%.

I’m sure Flores at least believes he has legitimate and persuasive proof. Also, he filed this as a class action - chances are he knows of other coaches with sufficient receipts to join and bolster his case.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why?

Would are his damages?  

Flores was happy to exist in the Dolphins cesspool (such as it was)  until he got canned---in fact, if he was hired by the Giants, he still wouldn't have said anything about it.  Now he screams bloody murder--and sues.

And if leagues are to get into the business of taking away teams that owners are tanking, when do the Sabres get taken?

Maybe he wasn't prepared to end his career before this.  If he resigned after one season of his first HC job, do you think he gets another chance?

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m not interested in determining the correct number either, all I’m saying is 3% is a long way off from 58%.

We can all agree that the 58% doesn't mean there is pro-black racism or anti-white racism in hiring NFL players, right?  There are probably advantages -- whether genetic or cultural or both -- for blacks to be better athletes.  For that matter, asians are very underrepresented in the NFL.  Again, we are mature enough to understand that there are probably genetic or cultural reasons for the lack of asian players, not incredible anti-asian racism.

You can figure out where I'm going with this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.