Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They interview minority candidates who get a shot. At 37 I think Flores got his shot pretty early. So Miami actually was open minded probably on the high recommendation from Hoody. Who he just stabbed in the back.
The more black coaches who get into coaching will get more opportunities. It takes time to build the bench strength but many black coaches are up and coming. But no one is owed anything. 

I don’t particularly care for Flores, but show me the black example of Josh McCown.  Culley actually had them playing well at end of season and got canned after 1 year.  The Rooney Rule just makes things worse.  I’d love to know the hiring rate of black vs white interviewees.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

If Flores can prove this happened then of course Ross will have a huge problem. That said, it wouldn't seem to involve racism, would it?

No, it would actually be an even worse problem for the NFL.

That being throwing games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, it would actually be an even worse problem for the NFL.

That being throwing games.

If it could be proven players were actually throwing games - otherwise, the NFL can deal with tanking just as the NHL did - draft lottery for the top n picks.

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I do not understand the point of the text reveal at all.

Trying to show that his interview was a sham, but everyone already knew that sham interviews occur anyway.

The real meat of the lawsuit is still the Dolphins stuff and Ross' shenanigans.

• Like (+1) 1

Statement from the Broncos:

"The allegations from Brian Flores directed toward the Denver Broncos in today's court filing are blatantly false," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our interview with Mr. Flores regarding our head coaching position began promptly at the scheduled time of 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, 2019, in a Providence, R.I., hotel. There were five Broncos executives present for the interview, which lasted approximately three-and-a-half hours -- the fully allotted time -- and concluded shortly before 11 a.m.

"Pages of detailed notes, analysis and evaluations from our interview demonstrate the depth of our conversation and sincere interest in Mr. Flores as a head coaching candidate. Our process was thorough and fair to determine the most qualified candidate for our head coaching position. The Broncos will vigorously defend the integrity and values of our organization -- and its employees -- from such baseless and disparaging claims."

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove whether or not the interview was late, and if they have detailed pages of notes from it, and they are authenticated, I don't know how they could say the interview was a sham.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Statement from the Broncos:

"The allegations from Brian Flores directed toward the Denver Broncos in today's court filing are blatantly false," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our interview with Mr. Flores regarding our head coaching position began promptly at the scheduled time of 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, 2019, in a Providence, R.I., hotel. There were five Broncos executives present for the interview, which lasted approximately three-and-a-half hours -- the fully allotted time -- and concluded shortly before 11 a.m.

"Pages of detailed notes, analysis and evaluations from our interview demonstrate the depth of our conversation and sincere interest in Mr. Flores as a head coaching candidate. Our process was thorough and fair to determine the most qualified candidate for our head coaching position. The Broncos will vigorously defend the integrity and values of our organization -- and its employees -- from such baseless and disparaging claims."

Seems like it would be pretty easy to prove whether or not the interview was late, and if they have detailed pages of notes from it, and they are authenticated, I don't know how they could say the interview was a sham.

Elway wasn't hung over....that's just how he normally acts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t particularly care for Flores, but show me the black example of Josh McCown.  Culley actually had them playing well at end of season and got canned after 1 year.  The Rooney Rule just makes things worse.  I’d love to know the hiring rate of black vs white interviewees.  

I agree on JM and also on Culley. Tomlin was position coach as was Judge for example. I think JM getting an interview is a joke. But with Rooney likely guys getting interviewed who may not be ready would impact that. I think Tomlin and others like Frazier and Bowles earned the right. Other may not have so just let the process take care of itself. 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was just watching ESPN (sorry) and it's interesting that every person on the panel, despite knowing not knowing all the details yet (and not being sure which of the ones they do know are true or false) are already painting Flores as a crusader who is standing up for what is right and what is good.

I mean, can we hear some of the facts first before we decide that? 

And then we have Dan Orlofsky doing his best "I'm not racist! I'm great buddies with Marcus Spears! Tell 'em, Marcus!"

Really interesting to see how people react to these stories

NFL Network is 80% Brady, 18% Super Bowl, 2% Flores.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.