Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A billionaire owner bribing his HC to purposely tank games and the NFL aggressively becoming more active in gambling. What could possibly go wrong. Ross is done and this Rooney Rule will have to be re-examined if they're not going to take it seriously. While we're at it, Bill might want to verify his outgoing texts a little more carefully. What a clusterF.

From the most detailed HC in history, where's Ernie Adams and the videotapes when you need him...

This isn't about not getting a head coaching job - how completely un self aware does he have to be to think he wasn't going to get another HC job very soon?

He wasn't getting the job HE wanted.  

That's what this reads like to me.  So he wants to burn it all down take as many down with him then become some sort of freaking martyr if never gets hired again.  This is a vendetta - and its pathetic because the system (Rooney rule) was expanded and is working.  

Sorry not sorry I've just never liked this guy. 

Did Ross pay him?  I don't know.  Who said Tua over Herbert?  I don't believe anything that clown organization says.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may well find himself on the outside here, being forced to sell the team.  Depends on how it plays out.

Lots of people are going to get dragged through the mud, and rightly so!

gettyimages-187696616.jpg

Quick think of something....."We will now be known as the Miami Football Team, until we've picked a new name."

• Like (+1) 1

They always say to let emotions subside before you communicate anything or take any kind of dramatic action.

This seems a lot like a ticked off reaction to BB's mistake on the text.   I think there IS a case to be made that the NFL is still lagging in their hiring practices - but a lot of this doesn't seem well thought out.

can get some milage on this at least.

Just now, Success said:

They always say to let emotions subside before you communicate anything or take any kind of dramatic action.

This seems a lot like a ticked off reaction to BB's mistake on the text.   I think there IS a case to be made that the NFL is still lagging in their hiring practices - but a lot of this doesn't seem well thought out.

I mean he had to of talked to a lawyer, it's not like this is just a tweet he fired off.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This isn't about not getting a head coaching job - how completely un self aware does he have to be to think he wasn't going to get another HC job very soon?

That's what this reads like to me.  So he wants to burn it all down take as many down with him then become some sort of freaking martyr if never gets hired again.  This is a vendetta - and its pathetic because the system (Rooney rule) was expanded and is working.  

Did Ross pay him?  I don't know.  Who said Tua over Herbert?  I don't believe anything that clown organization says.  

He should have taken the cash. He’d have Burrow. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This 100% ... Flores thought he was going to the Giants and bringing Deshaun with him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Unfortunately, the Rooney Rule can’t force owners to have an open mind like the Rule’s namesake.  

They interview minority candidates who get a shot. At 37 I think Flores got his shot pretty early. So Miami actually was open minded probably on the high recommendation from Hoody. Who he just stabbed in the back.
The more black coaches who get into coaching will get more opportunities. It takes time to build the bench strength but many black coaches are up and coming. But no one is owed anything. 

The sad thing is Rooney Rule complied with. 

Bills Texts (which actually came the same day reporters said Flores is the front runner) 24th Jan. 

They interviewed 

Leslie Frazier (22nd and 28th Jan) - Minority Candidate 
Brian Flores (Jan 27th. - so even after the text took the interview) - Minority Candidate 
Patrick Graham (Jan 26th) - Minority Candidate 

Brian Dabol (Jan 21 and 25th - interesting second interview even AFTER the BB text saying congrats). 

Dan Quinn (24 Jan - day of BB text) 
Lou Anarumo (23rd Jan). 

Schoen Hired 22 Jan. 

Weird that the timing doesn’t add up with Flores still taking an interview if he allegedly already knew. And After two other minority candidates interviewed. 

Also would Frazier take a second interview when he would have known if Daboll was the choice as well. Because I am sure Daboll and Frazier talk.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Guy has guts, got to give him that.  I just watched Ryan Clark and Damian Woody on ESPN and they have had it with what’s going on.  At some point it would not surprise me if African-American players walk out.

I don’t know. Let’s see. But the whole situation smells a little “Juicy” to me if you know what I mean. Let the courts handle this, should be interesting to see all evidence from all sides. Going to be a spectacle. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.