Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

We’re going to get dangerously close into politics so I’ll leave it at this, I don’t believe that black people are inferior in any way, I also don’t think there are people out to keep them from coaching. The Rooney rule is ridiculous to me for that reason. Treat them like your equals not inferiors. 

So don't get into politics and make it about the NFL and the rules they put in place.  That's all fair game.

Just now, QCity said:

Flores going scorched earth.

I would first like to compliment him on his absolutely perfect timing of dropping this bomb at the beginning of the two week run up to the Super Bowl :lol: 

giphy.gif

And right after Brady officially retired.  

TOM BRADY RETIRES

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47nrodyz8yl515awxz0z

• Haha (+1) 2

I would have to imagine the allegations against Ross are true.   Pretty damning and I would suspect a full blown investigation.   Flores strikes me as an honest straight shooter.   With that said, he is burning bridges along the way and without doubt he is limiting his opportunities.  

He’s entangling a number of other people in this ordeal and I cannot imagine that there are quite a few influential people who are unhappy with this.

So while rightfully ticked .. this is not about race. It is about the thing that drives hirings in the NFL .. personal relationships. Mara may well have been interested in Flores on January 11, but then he hired his GM .. the GM did what seemingly most new GMs do .. they bring in somebody they know who they feel they can work with.  I have seen this in the workplace .. we are going to hire Sally but we need to interview 3 candidates to satisfy a rule by HR, so two people get interviewed when the hiring manager has no intention of offering them the job.

The NFL does have a nepotism / friend problem, how many Ryan's, Shanahan's, Shula's, Belichick's, Reid's ... have gotten into coaching and then their friends, who are in their circles (and friend groups often look like the person) get opportunities .... so I am not saying that black coaches have a harder time .. they do, but not because of their skin  .. but because of the relationships.  This I suspect will change over time and the Rooney rule I think has helped

Bottom-line the owner of the Dolphins didn't fire Flores because of his skin color, he fired him because the relationship wasn't working for the owner  and he had an under .500 winning percentage over three years (I am just guessing if he had taken the team to the playoffs this year .. he would still be the coach). The Giants didn't hire Daboll because he is white and Flores is black.. they hired Daboll because Schoen was comfortable with him based on their working relationship .. and they were only going to interview Flores to avoid a penalty from the league.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Flores is dragging a lot of people into this and airing a lot of dirty laundry and personal communications. 

No bueno for his career going forward. 

Makes me wonder if Flores was already blacklisted prior to the lawsuit ...

There have been reports that patriots coach was going back to New York to become their GM. Was coach pissed when Shoen got the GM job?  I would like to see the start of the texting stream , did Pats coach have an open line of communication with Flores?  Divisional rival head coach ??  Likely not. I can believe that he had open communication with Daboll since he was previously on his staff then got him the job with his coaching buddy at Alabama. I just can’t believe that the texts were sent by mistake. Pats coach sent texts knowing full well  who he sent them to. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

People make terrible hiring decision all the time, just look at Adam Gase with the Jets.

Or Rex Ryan in Buffalo

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Check out KC’s roster. You think Ruggs will never see an NFL field again even after that poor woman lost her life in an inferno ? 

He might be in prison until after his career would have been over 

In the category of being able to hold two seemingly conflicting opinions in my mind at the same time:

- the Rooney Rule isn’t working. In a world (that of NFL coaches) where everyone knows everything about every coaching candidate, the rule is just wasting the time of a lot of minority candidates. I see why Flores is angry. 
- the NFL has a big problem with not affording opportunities to minority coaches. In a league where almost 60 percent of players are black we have exactly one black head coach? We seem to be developing a strong bench of NFL assistants; what’s keeping them from being promoted? A little legally compelled soul searching here wouldn’t be the worst outcome of this lawsuit. 

45 minutes ago, Beast said:

Are you missing the whole offering him 100K for each loss?

If that's true, Flores is not going to lose his case. No way, no how.

I guess I am unclear on the specifics of his case. Offering him money to lose is terrible. But is it evidence of racial discrimination or just terrible behavior by Ross? Like, is there reason to believe he would not have offered $100k/loss to (insert white coach)?

• Like (+1) 3

I was just watching ESPN (sorry) and it's interesting that every person on the panel, despite knowing not knowing all the details yet (and not being sure which of the ones they do know are true or false) are already painting Flores as a crusader who is standing up for what is right and what is good.

I mean, can we hear some of the facts first before we decide that? 

And then we have Dan Orlofsky doing his best "I'm not racist! I'm great buddies with Marcus Spears! Tell 'em, Marcus!"

Really interesting to see how people react to these stories

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.