Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

He is a winning, no nonsense coach. I think he would be great for a young team like Jax. The problem is he's terrible with the media and he will get up in the faces of his bosses and ownership if he thinks they're not helping him win. Sad situation. 

You are right that Flores would fit Jax

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

So with all this going on, what happens to the QB, let's call him "Dom Trady" that accepted a meeting with an NFL owner and HC during a time period where there was suppose to be no interaction between them other than through their agent?

Wasn't it Watson?

I’ve been kind of ambivalent on the Rooney rule. I like the idea that the NFL nudged teams toward considering minority candidates seriously, but obviously with the way the NFL is today the intent of the Rooney rule - the “once you interview the guy you may be wowed by him and set aside your previous plan” - is more than a bit naive. 
Flores is obviously going to throw as many embarrassing details out there as he can. He’s got a lawsuit he wants to win and a righteous point he wants to make. The NFL is weirdly backsliding on minority hires now while other leagues go in the opposite direction. But having said that, the Broncos/Elway allegations strike me as a little unfair. After all, they had just given Vance Joseph a chance as one of the very few black head coaches. And if I remember correctly, Joseph was considered the leading candidate all along while the Broncs conducted interviews with other candidates who didn’t stand a reasonable chance. 

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVESTI’m sure the Nfl is full of dark secrets. But the Nfl and Owners have so much power and influence they can bury what they what. Make you believe what you will. 

Yeah the Owners didn’t want Ross in their circle to begin with. 

watch Ross will be the fallout from this. Just like Gruden was for the WFT 

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow this offseason already getting great, cant wait for more to come out.

If Flores is wrong, his is done in the NFL.

If Flores is right, he's done in the NFL.

How did that lawsuit go as far as getting Kaepernick another shot?

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

wow terrible look for the NFL

Terrible look for Flores.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I amended my previous statement based on that.

It might come down to who a jury believes ... did Ross really offer $100K per game to throw them and then try and tamper with Brady ? Or will the jury hear that Flores is a disgruntled coach who was fired after a 9-8 season and didn't support the franchise QB ? Ross has deep pockets ...

What was the knock on Flores in Miami? He didn't handle people well. 

Duly noted. 

Belichick congratulated him for getting a job then goes "OOPS! I thought you were Brian Daboll!" 

Elway and another Broncos executive come staggering into an interview over an hour late hungover. 

Dolphins owner offers 100K bonus per loss to tank the season

IF he bent any of that in any way it just reinforces that he has some serious issues with professional relationships. 

His punishment? Coaching the Texans. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

because this isn't just about Florez.

We’re going to get dangerously close into politics so I’ll leave it at this, I don’t believe that black people are not inferior in any way, I also don’t think there are people out to keep them from coaching. The Rooney rule is ridiculous to me for that reason. Treat them like your equals not inferiors. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It might come down to who a jury believes ... did Ross really offer $100K per game to throw them and then try and tamper with Brady ? Or will the jury hear that Flores is a disgruntled coach who was fired after a 9-8 season and didn't support the franchise QB ? Ross has deep pockets ...

This is going to get very, very ugly. 

You know Florio is in heaven with this news. Anything bad for the league he revels in. 

28 minutes ago, papazoid said:

he's got something there with the dolphins owners only.....a hostile work enviroment.....(but not based on race).....he can say he was canned for not playing along to intentionally lose and/or perform illegal activities

How is it illegal to lose on purpose? Could be argued that it's strategic, because the purpose is a huge gain in the draft ad therefore a greater chance of winning big in the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

@jjones9

Stephen Ross was reported in Nov. 2019 to have invested into a sports gambling startup as part of a $17.5M fundraising round. gamblingnews.com/news/nfls-owne… If an NFL team owner is investing in sports gambling while incentivizing his head coach to lose games, that's a gigantic issue.

🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Flores would never go to bat if he didn't think he had the receipts.  

This is going to be NICE.  

It happens all the time. People throw FUD up all over and hope the other side gets nervous or wants to be done with it enough to settle. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.