Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

But if they didn't go through the motions they would have been penalized like the time Matt Millen admitted that Mariucci was his choice before he had to interview minority candidates.  

Exactly. It could be as simple as “

Daboll really wowed everyone in the interview and we think he’s a perfect fit! We still have to interview another candidate to comply x rule” Can’t tell me a decision isn’t already made in 99% of situations. The last interviewed isn’t necessarily getting the job. The league rule said they had to do one more , so they did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He said something like ‘improving josh Allen took a village’ in a giants interview lol I was excited to pull for him next season but now I’m not so sure 😂

To be fair that was him not taking all the credit for it and emphasizing that the organization needs to be competent as a whole.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

His team was still in a playoff race.  Not odd at all.

This extends back to allegedly attempting to bribe him for tanking for Tua and his interview with Denver prior to Fangio being hired. Yes, very odd to sit on all this and grow morals only when it suits you, if true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big C said:

Oh jeez

(Warning - speculation ahead) If true, it is entirely likely that McD leaned on Daboll around the Bucs game to change the play calls to a more balanced approach. If Daboll didnt like that, then I say him leaving is for the betterment of the O going forward. Clearly the O was more balanced and dangerous towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Something changed and it must be McD forcing Daboll to curb his natural proclivities. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Flores obviously just committed NFL career suicide.

Dolphins also have to be in some pretty big trouble if the tanking report is true, no? I would the NFL frowns upon that. 

He knows:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

To me, the biggest bombshell is the payments offered by the owner for losses.  If there is hard proof of that, mushroom cloud in Miami

I agree, of course the scam interview process , "Rooney Rule" etc. will be investigated , but to offer money to alter outcomes of games? Thats huge IMHO.. we all question officiating , impact of gambling , but if you have  tangible  proof.. wheew . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Exactly. It could be as simple as “

Daboll really wowed everyone in the interview and we think he’s a perfect fit! We still have to interview another candidate to comply x rule” Can’t tell me a decision isn’t already made in 99% of situations. The last interviewed isn’t necessarily getting the job. The league rule said they had to do one more , so they did. 

Yea could be belichick wording a text poorly more than some kind of foul play…not sure anything could come of this.  The tanking allegation could def cause some issues.  

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those texts from belichick holy ***** how do you get that wrong! 

I was so excited and my mind went so many places when I first saw "texts from Belichick" attached to a scandal - then I was disappointed 

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 1

This is dumb. Rooney rule is dumb.  Is anyone shocked that a super hot OC would be a hot name with Schoen just hired?!?!  Theyre familiar and brings a sense of continuity.  It's no different than Beane bringing in several Panthers, or Beane following McD here.  How often do we say continuity around this league?  Schoen and Daboll have probabky been discussing something like this over a year already.  When you know, you know!

NFL forced them to do Rooney rule anyways. They made us Rooney Rule for an obvious internal coaching promotion.  This is wanting your cake and eating it too. Cant cry racism on both ends. Put the rule up for votes to every POC in front offices, and be done with it.  "No good deed goes unpunished." Ridiculous. Blacklisted, and won't see a dime over this dumb shiz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

This extends back to allegedly attempting to bribe him for tanking for Tua and his interview with Denver prior to Fangio being hired. Yes, very odd to sit on all this and grow morals only when it suits you, if true.

I'm sure that all of this is nothing new. As someone mentioned above, Frazer interviewed with the NYG after Daboll too. But because Flores realized that he's not getting another HC job because of all the stuff that Ross and the Dolphins' GM is spreading around the league about him being difficult to work with, he decided to torch all the bridges to get one final NFL payday before going to college. That's my speculation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m glad to hear that I’m back on board 😂 those one sentence quotes with no context are dangerous.  

Honestly the most confusing thing with this whole he wanted to get away from McDermott idea is that he sounded a whole lot like him in his press conference.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s an interesting point. 

If the story about Ross is true, it was smart of Flores to refuse to attend that meeting with the QB on Ross’s yacht. I wonder who that QB was. 

no kidding!  i'll give flores a ton of credit if this is the case.  he had integrity on a team that apparently has none.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.