Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

Great move by Beane. This guy will be a younger, more unpredictable and better suited to the type of offense Josh wants to run. He provides continuity with his understanding of what Brian did well, a coordination with Josh's passing guru Palmer and comfort zone for the best QB in the industry. If you disagree with the hire,ask yourself if the was Rodgers or Brady asking for a coach or a player, what would any team do?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Would really like to know our new OC's philosophy on having a balanced offense

Me too. Not only that, but the passing offense as well. This move makes so much sense to me, Dorsey has tons of experience, almost a decade in fact working as a QB coach, so it seems that he is more than ripe in terms of being ready for this promotion, but I’m in the same boat as you as far as how this move changes our offense.

We should still be running the same offense that Daboll ran last year, you would think so anyways. I suspect that Dorsey will be calling plays from our same playbook as last year! The only difference is Dorsey is calling the plays, not Daboll and I hope to God that Allen gets to call his own plays too at some point because this is the next step for him if he wants to enter the same echelon as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady! It’s great when you have a QB who can make audibles instead of having to take a timeout! And this is the biggest thing that Allen needs to work on this offseason!

I do find it curious to see how much turnover our staff has a result of this! Who will our next QB coach be? How many of our other positional coaches will go with Daboll? I think at this point we need another hot shot/up and comer at QB coach for when Dorsey leaves in a few years! I imagine that he is one of the hottest OCs candidates in the NFL at this point! I’m eyeing to see any other changes that will be made to our staff!

Edited by Victory Formation

The differing timespans of NFL players’ careers are wild. 

Just look at that Miami Hurricanes team.

Willis McGahee seems like ancient Bills history. Our quarterback was handing off to Frank Gore just two seasons ago. And now Dorsey is our offensive coordinator.

wild.

• Like (+1) 2

I kind of leaned toward Dorsey because he knew our system and Josh liked him.   I didn't know much else.  Nor did I know very much about the other candidates.   So I didn't have a strong opinion.  

But when I heard that Daboll was trying to lure him to Jersey, and he had other courters too, suddenly I wanted Dorsey more than anything else.  

It's kind of like when you're young and you have a girlfriend who you're kind of indifferent about.   But when other guys start making passes at her, you become very possessive and start to value her more.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would really like to know our new OC's philosophy on having a balanced offense

He had to give McDermott a blood oath that he believes in a balanced offense and agree to put up his left nut as a security deposit.

I think that last part required some consideration, but a few hours comparing video of Josh Allen and Daniel Jones was persuasive.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He had to give McDermott a blood oath that he believes in a balanced offense and agree to put up his left nut as a security deposit.

I'd think that coaching Josh Allen would make you fairly confident you were going to get that security deposit back.

Continuity? Yeah thats something.  Josh Allen endorsed him, Ok they like each other.  If I had a friend or someone I was close with I want to work with him too.

I'm fine with promotions from within the organization.  But continuity and Allen likes him mean Nothing game time!!

If the bills are facing a defense thats giving us trouble, Will Dorsey be able to scheme around that and make on the spot changes?? Is Dorsey a creative thinker as far as Xs and Os?  I'm not talking trick plays and wild cat.  I'm assuming hes going to have his own complete new playbook??

I guess its a gamble either way, but I dont want our offense to drop off because were giving a first timer a shot.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.