Ken Dorsey Promoted to OC

Mopreme

This will keep Josh happy, but who knows if Dorsey is ready for this job.  Did he ever sit down with Daboll and talk about the thought process Daboll used to call plays?

Fingers crossed this all works out, and Dorsey's offense isn't so predictable that opposing DCs can scheme up ways to stop it.

57 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Dunno...thought some fresh takes would be good....

Dorsey is fresh takes but it's also generally continuity of system.

They're going to change verbiage but probably widely keep the same system Josh has been operating over the last 4 years with some individual differences sprinkled in from Dorsey.

The system was never the problem with Daboll.  He absolutely has a brilliant offensive mind.  I often questioned his playcalling and, by virtue, his instincts.  And the hope is that Dorsey, who played QB at a pretty high level at one point, has better instincts for playcalling than Daboll.  Like maybe don't hand the ball off 3 times in a row and then punt on your first possession out of the half on the road in a divisional round @ KC.

• Like (+1) 12

38 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Nice to see the FO listen to its #17 meal ticket in the locker room! 

this is also IMO a hire that will showcase Dorsey for a potential NFL head coaching gig. It's a great hire for he and the Bills imo.  What potential OC wouldn't want to work with #17 right?

Josh Allen being the Bills meal ticket YEP. They wouldnt have hired anyone to upset the #17 gravy train that'd have been a stupid move. Vibe with #17 and grow off of each other. WIN WIN 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This will keep Josh happy, but who knows if Dorsey is ready for this job.  Did he ever sit down with Daboll and talk about the thought process Daboll used to call plays?

Fingers crossed this all works out, and Dorsey's offense isn't so predictable that opposing DCs can scheme up ways to stop it.

Yeah I’m sure the QB coach has no idea on the thought process of the OC and have never discussed this in the past 

Sarcasm aside,  I don’t want Dorsey to be a carbon copy of Daboll.  He should  develop his own brand and not try to be the next Daboll.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know I've seen Chad Hall after plays, guy goes nuts.

I do wonder if Dorsey will stay on the sidelines or go up into the booth. Daboll was on the sidelines until he got sent up there after yelling at Allen.

No he got sent up there cause he wasn’t seeing the field correctly and would call **** plays. Once he got in the box he was considerably better

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.