Josh Allen should change his jersey number

BringBackFergy

I've been interested in numerology for some time.  I've studied how numbers affect our lives and thought I'd research how numbers may affect our team (especially JoshAllen). It might explain some of the problems he's facing and whether he will regress in the next few years.  My analysis indicates that Josh should, in fact, change his number.

https://www.mastermindcontent.co.uk/symbolic-meaning-of-the-number-17/

Relevant excerpts:

In the ancient world, the symbolic meaning of the number 17 was highly spiritual and represented love and peace – or sin and evil. If you fail to make the right decisions, as seen in number 16, you will continue to encounter obstacles. 

Significantly, 17 reduces to eight in gematria. This system was initially used by the ancient Babylonians and in alchemical traditions who state the eight is to where “knowledge of the Great Secret is attained.” 

In Shi’ite mysticism, seventeen was the number of dead bought back to life, an idea the ancient Greeks also believed. Essentially, the myth refers to resurrection.

Also:

Seventeen is the only prime number which is the sum of four consecutive primes (2,3,5,7). Any other four consecutive primes summed would always produce an even number, thereby divisible by 2 and so not prime. The sequence of residues (mod n) of a googol and googolplex, for n = 1, 2, 3, ..., agree up until n = 17.

Take it for what's it's worth, but there's a sound case for changing the number on his jersey.

• Vomit 11
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

So you're saying he's going to resurrect, not regress?

I think if he does change it, he should change it to "A Billion"

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

This sounds like a good reason to keep it.

In Shi’ite mysticism, seventeen was the number of dead bought back to life, an idea the ancient Greeks also believed. Essentially, the myth refers to resurrection.

Resurrection - kind of like how he has resurrected the Bills to a divisional championship 2 years in a row.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Def thought this was going to say to "13" (or "69", but that's probably just my juvenile brain talking).

If we want to remove the curse, we should probably move the stadium from its current location on a sacred burial ground.  Thank god there's a new coming before too long... :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Seventeen is the only prime number which is the sum of four consecutive primes (2,3,5,7). Any other four consecutive primes summed would always produce an even number, thereby divisible by 2 and so not prime. The sequence of residues (mod n) of a googol and googolplex, for n = 1, 2, 3, ..., agree up until n = 17.

Josh Allen Optimus Prime confirmed

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.