Next year's focus.

TC in St. Louis

Win every game.  

The loss at Jacksonville cost the team home field advantage.  This was a matter of overlooking the opposition.  After all the bizarre upsets this year (ours being the worst), the team must learn to be 100% focused on every single game, and not to have any letdowns. 

That's what they can take away from this past season.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

My 2022 motto for the Bills is "leave no doubt."

Don't let any winnable games slip away, and go into the playoffs like every game is the SB.

The Bills usually seem to have one of those games where they suffer THAT LOSS. The kind of loss that kicks the fanbase right in the "Jimmy". This past year it was Jacksonville. My guess is we split with the Jets in 2022. We swept them the last 2 years and have won 5 of the last 6 so they are due for a win in the series. I just hope THAT LOSS in 2022 costs them the #1 seed. Its pretty obvious we need homefield given our road playoff record.

48 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Win every game.  

The loss at Jacksonville cost the team home field advantage.  This was a matter of overlooking the opposition.  After all the bizarre upsets this year (ours being the worst), the team must learn to be 100% focused on every single game, and not to have any letdowns. 

I would like to be more specific and say that not only this applies to the players (where there was commentary from other teams that the Bills weren't playing 'inspired' enough) but it extends to the coaches and game planning.  I felt like there were games where we lost (especially the Jags game) that we were 'holding back' some of our play calling because we didn't want to show much on film.  It feels like our Offense really wasn't allowed to really open things up until that second half of the Bucs game... when at that point.. they really didn't have much of a choice.  Unsure if this was a Daboll thing.. or all the way too McBeane....  but I think the playcalling on both sides of the field needs to be more aggressive regardless of opponent.. regardless of what it may show on film.

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Win every game.  

Well, where were you with that advice this time last year? Would have really helped.

NOW we finally know who to blame for the losses. 

Derek Hough Nbc GIF by Hairspray Live!

To the OP,  they aren't going to win every game.  They are going to have a bad game here and there, and may lose focus for a time.  That's the NFL.  The key is to get hot after Thanksgiving or early Dec. and start stacking wins.  You want to get to the playoffs on a roll like they did this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.