Tom Brady Officially is RETIRED

muppy

I watched the Bucs playoff game with a buddy of mine who is a huge Bucs fan and we both kinda felt like you could tell that was going to be his last game.  He looked done.  If you can watch that game on gamepass or something you'll see a look, or expression on his face that I'v enever seen before.  It was like he was just worn out.

Actually, the more I think of it, Jim Kelly had a similar look on his face after the loss to the Jags.  It was obvious Jim was done and had nothing left in the tank.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, he thanked the team and fans immensely when he left NE for TB. This day isn't about the Patriots. It's about Brady and his current team/teammates/fans. Such an entitled bunch of chowda heads.

Anyone with eyes could see that while he won in NE he seemed to have more fun in Tampa Bay.

I agree and it wasn't like he went out of his way to mention his time at Michigan or his HS coaches either.  He retired from playing as a TB Buc.  He already did his spiel for Boston when they chose not to re-sign him a couple of years ago.  Now, if he doesn't mention NE in his HOF speech, that's a whole other story...lol.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

You can't deny or ignore his greatness even if you did hate his ass. He was probably 75% the reason NE won those SB's. Sorry Bill, just the truth. He received a ton of favoritism and bending of the rules along the way. Glad his narrative is finally over. Now let's pray Josh gets the same treatment. 

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, papazoid said:

yesterday....

I’m still going through the process that I said I was going through,” . “Sometimes it takes some time to really evaluate how you feel, what you want to do. I think when the time’s right, I’ll be ready to make a decision one way or another just like I said last week.”I think for me it’s literally day-to-day with me,”. “Trying to do the best I can every day, and evaluate things as they come. And, trying to make a great decision for me and my family.”

today.....i'm done

Brady: "Oh what's that, the check cleared? Yeah I'm done."

• Like (+1) 1

Glad to see it! Today football just becomes fun from here on out! I can't imagine disliking (we'll put it kindly given the levity of the occasion) any player or team as much as those NE/Brady teams or the Bucs teams either. 

No more stomach churning weeks of agony hoping someone can stop Brady from getting to or winning the Super Bowl!

"Yeah it would be cool to see ____ win but can they beat Brady in the AFC or NFC Championship game? This team really seems to match up better, but if they lose he basically gets a bye next week if he wins this week... "

He was worn out? Try being me! LOL

Best of all? New England fans are angry and feel slighted. So many of them cheered for Brady against their supposed team this year on SNF! LOL

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Glad to see it! Today football just becomes fun from here on out! I can't imagine disliking (we'll put it kindly given the levity of the occasion) any player or team as much as those NE/Brady teams or the Bucs teams either. 

No more stomach churning weeks of agony hoping someone can stop Brady from getting to or winning the Super Bowl!

Right? Once upon a time Brady said "I'll play until I suck". Today he basically said "Forget that, it's taking too long. I'm out."

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree and it wasn't like he went out of his way to mention his time at Michigan or his HS coaches either.  He retired from playing as a TB Buc.  He already did his spiel for Boston when they chose not to re-sign him a couple of years ago.  Now, if he doesn't mention NE in his HOF speech, that's a whole other story...lol.

giphy.gif

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Right? Once upon a time Brady said "I'll play until I suck". Today he basically said "Forget that, it's taking too long. I'm out."

I think he knew better than anyone that he was going to have a Big Ben final year type of season at some point, maybe even next year. This year Tampa had a cupcake of a schedule, but next year their schedule is brutal, at least on paper. Add in a 17 game season and I think he knew to go out while he could still play well and before he looked like he could barely function or take a brutal hit that causes a major injury. 

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

its pretty shocking on its face...what a DIS I mean it just IS.......straight Up......Im guessing his apology will be forthcoming....he had plenty of time to vet this announcement.....I just think its Unreal he would leave out ANY mention of his time in New England? SMH

wow

lmao 

Best tweet yet on the matter read on 98.5...

"I get not thanking your ex wife for divorcing you. But not thanking the fans is like ignoring your kids from that previous marriage."

😂 

That's cold...and accurate.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You can't deny or ignore his greatness even if you did hate his ass. He was probably 75% the reason NE won those SB's. Sorry Bill, just the truth. He received a ton of favoritism and bending of the rules along the way. Glad his narrative is finally over. Now let's pray Josh gets the same treatment. 

That's where I'm at.  I don't like Brady, but I grew to respect his accomplishments, and what he continued to do the past two years at his age is just unbelievable.  He was smart to go out on top while he still had some ability left, instead of being shown the door as a shell of his former self.  

I will admit being a little sad since I could still pretend I was "young", so long as an old fart like Brady was out there tossing TDs and making the playoffs. 

Edited by TheBrownBear

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I LOVE that actually. 

Feel however you want about him, however we will never see a story like his again. Looking forward to seeing what he does next. Maybe he and Gronk do a Thursday Night Football version of the Mannings show.

My eyes rolled around my head after reading this, so much so I am now blind...thanks a lot

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Yeah it would be cool to see ____ win but can they beat Brady in the AFC or NFC Championship game? This team really seems to match up better, but if they lose he basically gets a bye next week if he wins this week... "

Best of all? New England fans are angry and feel slighted. So many of them cheered for Brady against their supposed team this year on SNF! LOL

I'm already there with Mahomes and the Chiefs. At least they're not in the division. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, he thanked the team and fans immensely when he left NE for TB. This day isn't about the Patriots. It's about Brady and his current team/teammates/fans. Such an entitled bunch of chowda heads.

Anyone with eyes could see that while he won in NE he seemed to have more fun in Tampa Bay.

Back to NE because Mac Jones 😂😂😂

Boston TV showed just about every Bucs game. Even some directly against Pats games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.