Joe Burrow: 'Bengals beat second-best team in the AFC, twice'

Chaos

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Thanks Joe, I agree. Bills are the best.

BTW I didn't read the article.

That's not the context and I'm not sure why the context makes op sad

Joe burrow is saying that the Bengals are the best and that they beat the second best team the Chiefs twice in January 

And it's very debatable that the Bangles are the best and the Chiefs on the second best 

It's how the NFL rolls sometimes

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

That's not the context and I'm not sure if he read it either 

Joe burrow is saying that the Bengals are the best and that they beat the second best team the Chiefs twice in January

I know but I am glad he never mentioned his own team b/c I can say it went down that way.

Just now, Chaos said:

You didn't even understand the title. LOL. 

He never played the best team, "Bills"

• Like (+1) 3

I love the Bills and think they would have beaten the Bengals in Buffalo on Sunday and that the Bills would win if they played tomorrow, but the Bengals were able to do what the Bills were not able to do - go into KC and win a playoff game.  They are AFC Champions and by virtue of that, the "best" team in the AFC.  They didn't win on a disputed call or crazy bounce.  They won the game straight up.  The Chiefs, by virtue of beating the Bills in the previous game, are 2nd "best" in the AFC.  The Bills may have the best QB, the best fans, the best future ahead of them, etc.  I think the Bills will be the "best" team next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like watching Burrow throw to Chase. However I think with a bit of time Burrow is going to have that "Brady Smug" demeanor that a lot of people will hate.

Agreed.

Smoking cigars in the locker room, bragging about his bling, arrogantly knocking other teams....   I think this kid is just going to get worse as he ages.  

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

The Bengals are the hottest team in January and that’s indisputable.

(despite the gawdy stats put up by Allen it’s a team game, all three phases). 

I can absolutely dispute that

They looked like trash against Tennessee and we’re lucky to win, and went down 21-3 to KC.

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Joe has a right to brag Pat Mahomes played like Zack Wilson the second half of that game and let CIN hang around 

Burrow had a nice screen pass to Perine that went for a 40 yard TD and did a great job of getting Mahomes to suck.  Yes he's good, but he didn't do much of significance in the game - vs Tennessee same.  Imagine only having to score 27 points to beat the Chiefs in KC in OT - set up nicely by a Mahomes INT returned to mid field.  Set up nicely by a bunch of sugar high Mahomes.  

This is just to say the Bengals are far from a one man show.

Their defense might be the most underrated in the league.  Their DC will be a head coach by 2023.  

And they quickly got the best WR duo.  They have an elite RB.  

I wouldn't bet against them.  Everything keeps breaking their way.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.