OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Letting him go for a lateral move means that McDermott thinks he can do better at that spot. I think they can too. It took way to long to find two competent guards including Bates who rode the bench for mediocre players in Ford, Feliciano, and Boettger

To say nothing about not seeing Wyatt Teller's potential or realizing that Williams might be a one-year wonder, or not developing anyone, including Brown, who had an erratic first year, or Ford, or anyone else for that matter.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

All those years snapping a ball for Tommy and calling blocking schemes too.  He definitely has to have the smarts to know

what Scar was wanting to do.

If Johnson goes and he gets promoted, let's hope.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They liked him enough to employ him for 3 seasons.

True.  But we have no idea if he's going.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure.  But I *think* Michael Silver is generally regarded as reliable, unlike some of the NY Giant Fanboys putting out tweets.

He might be.  But I'll wait until it happens.  Seen too many "they had a deal in place but..."

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that would be the hard question for Johnson: why TF did we suffer through 6 games of Feliciano and 8 games of Boettger at LG with Bates just sitting there?  Then you look at Quinton Spain starting in the Superbowl and Wyatt Teller being traded to Cleveland and, to the extent that Bobby Johnson weighed in on those moves, you start to question his player personnel evaluation.

I completely understand the Wyatt teller reference, and I can see why you would bring up Quinton Spain, but Quinton Spain is not the reason that the Bengals are in the Super Bowl. He definitely could’ve been one of the reasons they weren’t though. That offensive line is horrendous. 9 sacks versus Vegas?!!

FWIW some interesting comments from Scarnecchia about Wendell taking over the Center spot in NE.

https://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4733551/wendell-impresses-in-starter-role

excerpt:

Wendell's performance drew the praise of his position coach, Dante Scarnecchia, who was asked if Wendell has done an excellent job of stepping in to replace Koppen.

"I think he has. Clearly the obvious is that he replaced a very, very good football player and a very popular football player," Scarnecchia said. "That's as tough of a decision as we've ever had around here for those reasons.

"But we also knew that this is a young guy that has played very well when we've asked him to play and he's done a very good job through the first eight games of the season, and he's all the things we thought he would be," he continued. "He's very tough, very smart, and a really competitive guy on every down, through every down. He's a great finisher and that's why he's here, and that's why we kept him as a rookie and kept him around here and that's why this kid is on our roster, and that's why he's starting for us, all those reasons."

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd send them Feliciano for a street vendor hot dog and free medium Pepsi.

Glad you aren’t the GM. Mongo definitely isn’t a starter, but he is the kind of guy that you won’t complain about having on your bench for depth and for culture.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.