OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the one Daboll influences hire among the main position coaches. Not a surprise. 

I'm not sure it's good news, though, given McDermott's choice ran to Teflon Juan Castillo

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the one Daboll influences hire among the main position coaches. Not a surprise. 

Thought Chad Hall was also?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure it's good news, though, given McDermott's choice ran to Teflon Juan Castillo

Thought Chad Hall was also?

No Chad was here before Dabes. He was promoted on Daboll's watch but he is a McDermott protege as much as anything. Was a practice squad player in Philly when McDermott was still there.

And yes, replacing Bobby Johnson is an important decision. Needs to be the right one.

Shea Tierney the Assistant QB coach was the one guy who came in with Daboll. I expect him to be QB coach in New York. Tierney and Johnson were the two I kind of expected to lose.

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It's probably bad practice to block assistant coaches from leaving if they want to leave.

Not a good assistant coach.  And if he's so gung-ho on leaving and the new team wants him that badly, pony up a pick or two.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I wonder if Ryan Wendell gets promoted?  He had all those years under Scarnecchia when he played in NE.

Funny, I was thinking of that earlier but didn't post it.  I would be curious to know if he learned anything from ol' Dante.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Funny, I was thinking of that earlier but didn't post it.  I would be curious to know if he learned anything from ol' Dante.

All those years snapping a ball for Tommy and calling blocking schemes too.  He definitely has to have the smarts to know

what Scar was wanting to do.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not a good assistant coach.  And if he's so gung-ho on leaving and the new team wants him that badly, pony up a pick or two.

They liked him enough to employ him for 3 seasons.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not surprised or torn up. Up until the last month of the season when they FINALLY played Bates, I was ready to move on from Johnson. 

I think that would be the hard question for Johnson: why TF did we suffer through 6 games of Feliciano and 8 games of Boettger at LG with Bates just sitting there?  Then you look at Quinton Spain starting in the Superbowl and Wyatt Teller being traded to Cleveland and, to the extent that Bobby Johnson weighed in on those moves, you start to question his player personnel evaluation.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.