OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bill can block that unless it’s a promotion 

The Bills do not block things. They want to be on the side of the coaches and allow them to move on to other things.

It's the correct approach anyways. You want the best and brightest to want to come to Buffalo knowing that they can develop here and move on when new opportunities are presented. You don't want to miss out on talent because you were short sighted and blocked a move.

And who cares if we lose our oline coach? Our oline has not been good. And there are plenty of guys they can bring in to replace him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract
10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

see ya, line has been terrible all 3 years, being adequate the last month of the season isnt enough.

That is a wild overstatement, terrible all 3 years. Wildly exaggerated.

They haven't been good enough. But they have been quite good at pass blocking for most of the past three years.

Run problems, yes, at various levels and various times.

An awful lot seems to come from injuries, from the unexplained regression of Williams and generally from problems interrupting a consistent lineup And Covid has caused a lot of up and down, with Dion and one or two others. They've generally been average to slightly above, with some dips below that as replacements were played and above that at times as they seemed to find consistency at times.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't see this actually confirmed, but Tim Graham is pretty reliable:

They can, but they evidently did not choose to do so.

Oh God Yes, Opt Out.  "No" to "St Doug Marrone" as OL coach.  NO!

Don't think they can block it, Hap, as his contract ended as the season did. According to these guys the Bills at one point tried to extend him and he refused that.

Edit:  Ah, you posted yourself that his contract was up, per Graham. The Air Raid guys report that he'd been offered an extension, though I didn't hear them saying exactly when that happened, though it sounds like they were talking about some time ago.

Edited by Thurman#1

13 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The exception is for an expiring contract.  I don’t know if this was the case or not with Bobby Johnson.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Appears as though this is the case. 

13 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Or they can wave good bye and get an upgrade.

The O line has been mediocre to bad but kind of picked it up a bit at the end not enough for me to care that he is NJG bound.

I posted early in the season that an upgrade here would net the biggest improvement. 

20 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

There must be 12 excellent choices out there for a replacement. But, I will try to get some sleep tonight

Get to work vetting them to speed up the process you lazy bum ;)

It makes sense to let these coaches go. We already know of two outside interviews that, if hired will want their own staff. Holding back Bobby Johnson or any assistant coach seems silly when they could be let go by whoever takes over as OC. 

also, it’s not like this team was winning games because of the O line 

Well 1 down i would love to see a Bills o line coach of the past come back because when he was here the O line was very good . Aaron Kromer i thought was a very good coach even though he did have that scuffle when he was here our O line sure did a good job blocking .

Where is he now i would think someone like him doesn't sit around long if a team is in need of a good O line coach .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.