OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m guessing the Bills were ready to move on, otherwise I don’t think they’d allow a lateral move if they really wanted Bobby Johnson coaching their o line next season.

I have a great established d coordinator Daboll can have too. Heard his favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla if that helps.

• Haha (+1) 6

@thadbrown7

I think Bobby Johnson is a good, not great OL coach. I think the replacement (assuming the Michael Silver report is correct) is more likely to worse than better, but there is a good amount of better coaches out there for the #Bills to find.

So, he's good, but not great and our new guy will probably be worse, even though there are a good amount of better coaches out there?

Huh? :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not surprised so much by the former since it is fairly common around the league, but really surprised by the latter. Like with Daboll, Josh will be a king maker for more and more people as time goes on. Usually, people are trying to hitch their wagon to something like that. Why anyone would even entertain leaving us should be pretty telling about how McD really feels about that person. 

Or how those people feel about McD?

fwiw

@ByTimGraham

His contract was up.

So, no real poaching.  Someone on twitter also pointed out assistant coaches are always closer to the coordinators (they work together ALL the time), so no big surprise.

good, bad, IDK, we'll see...

• Thank you (+1) 1

The minute Schoen got that job we had to expect an exodus of coaches to possibly follow.  Daboll or Frazier most likely then some assistant's behind them.  Happy for all of them honestly.  Also tons of confidence Beane and McDermott will keep this ship sailing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

fwiw

So, no real poaching.  Someone on twitter also pointed out assistant coaches are always closer to the coordinators (they work together ALL the time), so no big surprise.

good, bad, IDK, we'll see...

The old “non-renewal”

you’re not fired but we think we can do better so bye 

• Agree 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to OL coach Bobby Johnson a possible Daboll hire (update - headed to NYG)
4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The minute Schoen got that job we had to expect an exodus of coaches to possibly follow.  Daboll or Frazier most likely then some assistant's behind them.  Happy for all of them honestly.  Also tons of confidence Beane and McDermott will keep this ship sailing.

Players are next. Davis Webb, Eli Ankou, they alread got the RB Williams. I would imaging a few more we don't resign are headed that way.

Maybe we can send em Haack.

30 minutes ago, Heitz said:

So, he's good, but not great and our new guy will probably be worse, even though there are a good amount of better coaches out there?

Huh? :beer: 

We are going to evaluate all the candidates, then take the worst one. Why is that confusing?    😋

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Players are next. Davis Webb, Eli Ankou, they alread got the RB Williams. I would imaging a few more we don't resign are headed that way.

Maybe we can send em Haack.

Postage due?  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.