OL coach Bobby Johnson headed to NY, has signed contract

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bill can block that unless it’s a promotion 

Well, with the way Johnson has coached the Bills line....they sometimes have issues blocking anything.

Also leads me to believe if we cut Feliciano he would end up with the Giants as he's one of Bobby Johnson's pet players.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills *might* be ok with it? Not sure what they think of him…

I believe that McDermott assigns a lot of responsibility on position coaches.  I have questioned this before when posters kept saying

McDermott was wrong for not playing Bates.  IF it was finally Sean that got Bates playing over Bobby recommendations then maybe

a change is in order.

We just don't see the inner dynamics so all of the "takes" are speculation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

see ya, line has been terrible all 3 years, being adequate the last month of the season isnt enough.

One of my biggest worries of this offseason is that the line did "just enough" to convince Beane that we should run it back with that line and continuity will really help next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

Good riddance.  This is a change they should be making anyway.

Until late in the season I would have guessed that we would have to send a draft pick with him. 

Later in the year they looked much better and I’m not really sure why. 

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bill can block that unless it’s a promotion 

If they really like him and want to retain him, I hope they do block it. Not quite sure that’s McDs style though. If a coach wants to leave, I’d think that he would let him.

I was calling for Johnsons head 2 months ago, but he and Daboll did a fine job turning the OL play around to end the season

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Until late in the season I would have guessed that we would have to send a draft pick with him. 

Later in the year they looked much better and I’m not really sure why. 

I am not sure why either but I am pretty certain it had nothing to do with OL coach.  It looked to me like there was a change in philosophy with respect to the running game, and thus the blocking assignments.  This led to more success running, and more time and freedom for Allen in the passing game.  This was a Daboll adjustment, I suspect at urging of McD.  The fact Is that the OL has underperformed consistently and the development of younger players ahas been slow and spotty.  They can do better at OL coach.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.