POLL: Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?

Dan Darragh

POLL: Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which ad are you happier NOT to be seeing lately?

• Baker Mayfield "at home" Progressive ads
    • Blond in red pant suit Verizon ads

17 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

It only leaves more room for gambling ads.  Especially one site in particular with the blonde whose eyes are literally popping out of her head.

She freaks me out.

I'd be freaked out too if I saw someone's eyes literally popping out of her head.  I am glad I record games and watch them a little after the fact so I can skip commercials like that.

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

So the joke's on me, I had no idea who she is and the reason is that I decided long ago that SNL's funny days were in the very distant past.  Ignorance is bliss.  She's awful.

I didn't know who she was, but she kind of looked familiar, so I looked it up.  I agree that SNL is a shell of its former self, but there are still funny bits here and there.  I don't watch it reguarly or look forward to it like I once did, but I do watch it on occasion and it's OK.  The current Weekend Update guys are very funny and I like the fact that the show pokes fun at both sides of the aisle in their bits.  They get Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Ted Cruz, etc., all of whom provide plenty of material.

By the way, after making this post, I came across this SNL (and Weekend Update) clip, referenced in the articles on TBD.  There are a couple of Bills references:  

Edited by msw2112
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I like the Baker commercials tbh. 

Yeah ... it's weird for me, because I can't stand anything about Baker Mayfield.  I think he's as much of a dick as Rodgers.  But for some reason, I like the Progressive commercials.

The State Farm commercials with Mahomes and/or Rodgers make me want to puke.

• Like (+1) 1

Agree.  At least they’re funny until you’ve seen them too much, the Verizon ones are never funny.  I’m going to write in that I will not miss seeing the NFL overhype every game and listening to the announcers and analysts.  I need this break from that. 

How dare you!   When his name is mentioned here, you are to be triggered and reiterate that he is terrible compared to Josh Allen!  

Also, it's a good time to throw in a dig about the city of Cleveland and the Browns organization, despite both being virtual clones of Buffalo and the Bills, historically.

🤔

8 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

The guy who is an accident on State Farm has to go.  Terrible!

You mean the guy who is "Mayhem"?   I've always like those.

The Eli Manning commercials for Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce are da bomb!  I don't care how many times I see them, I just laugh.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Football aside, the Kate McKinnon Verizon ads are like nails on the chalkboard.  Terrible.  She's very funny on SNL and might need to stick to that.  Maybe she can return kicks.

I have been having this conversation with my friend for what seems like 10 years (though really only started when these awful commercials started airing), what exactly is the concept behind these commercials?  I mean, Kate McKinnon is hilarious on SNL...but I just don't understand this ad campaign. After seeing them about 2,000 times, I realize they are for 5G, but whatever comic idea is at work in this campaign, I just don't get it at all.  It's like 5G just said, "we got some money, get us a big celebrity...throw them in front of the camera, and let them go".  So, poor Kate, all she can come up with is walking like Jimmy Cagney and "jazz hand" yelling... and I don't just mean the commercials aren't funny (most aren't) but I don't even detect the thread of any comedic notion in them.  Just annoying... not far behind are the Rodgers and Mahomes ads.  Stupid, not funny, but at least you understand what they are attempting... I don't blame Kate McKinnon, a paycheck is a paycheck...but jeezus!  

Oddly, though I am not a Baker Mayfield fan at all, he has some comic chops at least...a better ad man than a QB?

1 hour ago, Direhard Fan said:

The guy who is an accident on State Farm has to go.  Terrible!

Dean Winters is awesome...though they may have been going on for too long.  

Edited by Buftex
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think the worst commercial is the one where the friends are like... "Are you Ok?, You don't seem like yourself." "If you want to talk, I am here for you." They play that stupid commercial all the time. 

As a musician, I became so intensely sick of that phuuucking Jingle, that I drastically improved my mute button stats by the last time I saw it air. 

3 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Please take the Serena "Matrix" tennis commercial with the other two.

I literally LOL out loud every time I see John McEnroe get hit and spill his orange drink and say "You can't be serious".  Maybe one had to have watched too many Borg McEnroe matches live to get it.

But I agree the rest of them get old.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.