Are you excited about the Superbowl matchup ?

Bogie_Klinkhammer

Sure, why not. The Bengals are great underdog story. The last 2 years the team won 2 and 4 games, and now they are in the SB!! The Rams are the Yankees, they basically bought all their players. The Bengals story also proves that McDermott needs to be on the HOT seat next year. No more excuses. The Bengals D is full of 4th thru 6 round picks. There's not ONE stud. If the Bills don't get back to the AFC Championship next year, McDermott needs to go. Bills ownership needs to get tough. If the freaking Bengals can beat the Chiefs in KC, and get to a SB. The Bills coaching staff (And players) are out of excuses.   

• Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Sure, why not. The Bengals are great underdog story. The last 2 years the team won 2 and 4 games, and now they are in the SB!! The Rams are the Yankees, they basically bought all their players. The Bengals story also proves that McDermott needs to be on the HOT seat next year. No more excuses. The Bengals D is full of 4th thru 6 round picks. There's not ONE stud. If the Bills don't get back to the AFC Championship next year, McDermott needs to go. Bills ownership needs to get tough. If the freaking Bengals can beat the Chiefs in KC, and get to a SB. The Bills coaching staff (And players) are out of excuses.   

Hendrickson, a key FA signing for them from the Saints, had 14 sacks during the regular season. And yes, Hendrickson IS a stud on defense. Eli Apple was drafted 10th overall by the Giants, but didn't pan out there. Sam Hubbard was a 3rd Rd pick. Tre Flowers was solid in Seattle before he ended up in Cincy. B.J Hill was a 3rd Round pick. Logan Wilson was a 3rd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Cincy is a hell of an underdog story.  Burrow is special.

Stafford has been a professional his whole career on some very bad teams, took an absolute beating, so this is a nice way to put a cap on the career.

Akers coming back into form post-injury

These are some of the things that I like about this game.  

Let's see how the NFL and their infinite awareness of large/small markets, tries to market the game as they worry about viewership when "one of us" (small market teams) gets to the show.

Honestly seeing Stafford and Whitworth have a shot at a ring is all I care about. Both of them have been great players, Whitworth is what 40? Still playing OL. Ironically his beating on a bad team came in Cincy.

Stafford won't retire but Whitworth will with a win.

the NFL hates this matchup. turd market city like cinci, with no fan base and no historical significance. couple that with a roster fairly devoid of talent outside burrow and chase. There's no compelling story lines here. Staffords story is cool, but he carries no mystique like brady, rodgers, mahomes etc. they're not as exciting as Allen or mahomes... My guess is the ratings are trash. LA doesnt care about football, and stan kronke = art modell. 

For me...yes and no. 

Its nauseating to think how close we were to a Bills vs Niners SB...I am obviously a huge Bills fan, and my fiance is a huge Niners fan.  And the SB is literally like 4 miles from our house too.  Not to mention, the great Chris Berman history with picking these two teams, would have been great.  So I am sick to my stomach that Fraziers absurdly stupid defense in 13 seconds screwed us, and disappointed for my fiance that Tartt literally dropped their SB birth away.  

At the same time, if I remove those bias, then yes, I am excited for this SB.  Rams were always a second team of mine growing as a kid, and they are my local team now.  Both teams have offenses that can score too.  But couple cool things about the game, and definitely better than seeing Chiefs in it again.

• Kupp and Darnold are two of my favorite non-Bills players to watch (so is Deebo Samuel, so would have looked forward to him had they made it too)
  • Burrow is this young, cocky, arrogant QB coming into the home stadium of their opponent, who also happens to filed the best DL of this generation, and maybe ever and one of the best CB's.  
  • Jamar Chase is a fun player to watch too.  
  • No Jackson Mahomes or Pat's douchey girlfriend either.  

The only thing I already hate, and it will get worse if the Bengals pull off the win...is the "Burrow is better than Allen" crap that has already started.  I can not stand when people give too much credit/blame to a QB.  And Allen was better by just about every measure than Burrow this year and in the playoffs, but because his TEAM managed to advance its not he is suddenly better than Allen?  Nick Foles won a SB, he isn't better than Allen.  So I will be rooting HARD for the Rams.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ratings will be fine because it’s the Super Bowl. They won’t be boffo over the top numbers you would get if it was Brady/ Rodgers VS Mahomes/ Allen. That might set records. Anyway not excited and if the Bills aren’t in it  then I don’t want be. One thing for certain though is I’d prefer a Rams win. The Bengals franchise has not won a SuperBowl ( like the Bills). Don’t want them to get off that short list of teams with no Lombardis. Don’t want Burrow to get a SB win before Josh. 

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ehh I’m indifferent on paper this looks like a Rams coronation heck the game is in their own stadium.
But if the Rams getup on the Bengals they better finish them cause the resilience they’ve had the last two weeks is amazing. 

there will be like 1500 actual Rams fans at the game.  

Not excited, per se.  But looking forward to the big game nonetheless.

I just want to see a good football game; the matchup might prove to be great, who knows?

I didn't think we'd get any good football games yesterday and we got 2 great ones.

You never know.

I'm glad that Mahomes or Brady isn't going to be playing but other than that there's not much to be excited about.

Also no matter who wins this game, there will be a narrative that contradicts this current regime and their approach here.

If the Rams win - it proves that going all in and mortgaging your longer term future for short range success works.

If the Bengals win - it proves that quick turnarounds are possible and it's not some long, drawn out 'process' that needs 5+ years to bear fruit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.