Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Given both teams current momentum and other various circumstances, this is going to be one of the tougher SB games in recent memory to accurately predict.

My gut feeling tells me the Bengals win by another razor slim margin but certainly can't discount the Rams and being the 2nd straight team to host the SB on their home field.

If I was a betting man certainly wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole so to speak.

If the Titans sacked Burrow 9 times then I can only imagine what LA can do with Donald and Miller leading the way. If the Bengals OL can do a respectable job then the Bengals have a shot if not then forget it.

• Agree 1

My sb prediction is the rams win by 10, and the Bengals are an 8 or 9 win team next year. Imo the Bengals have no buisness being in the superbowl. They are good, and burrow had flashes of greatness this year, but did anyone watch their 3 playoff games this year and felt blown away by how good they were? I didn't. However, I also thought kc was gonna blow them out of the water yesterday, so what do I know 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Do Bengals fans ever get sick of the GnR welcome to the jungle intro?    It's been a few weeks and I'm already sick of it.  

Please mix in some Morris Day and The Time or SOMETHING.

PLEASE!  

Morris Day Bet GIF by Soul Train

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

If the Titans sacked Burrow 9 times then I can only imagine what LA can do with Donald and Miller leading the way. If the Bengals OL can do a respectable job then the Bengals have a shot if not then forget it.

Honestly was surprised how well Burrow was protected vs Chiefs. But Titans not soo much.  

• Like (+1) 1

I very rarely skip Super Bowls. The last one was the Pats-Falcons Super Bowl. A good choice on my part.

I was absolutely planning to skip this one. Figured it'd be the Chiefs, and I had no interest in watching them. 

Now that it's Bengals-Rams, I can actually watch!

I truly have no feel for which team will win. I didn't expect the Bengals to get this far and wouldn't have thought they'd beat the Chiefs, so why couldn't they also beat the Rams? On the other hand, the Rams have so many great players -- Donald, Miller, Ramsey, Kupp, Beckham -- that I wouldn't be surprised in the last if they won it.

Should be a fun one.

• Like (+1) 1

I find it odd how many fans are "picky" about what neutral games they will watch or not watch.

WTF?   There are only a handful of playoff games each year and then it's a LONG offseason!

Why in the world wouldn't you watch all of them, at least as long as they are competitive and interesting?

I'll look forward to the SB and enjoy it as long as the game is close.

I'm just looking for a good, close game, that isn't decided until the end.

Halftime is when I get up and do other things; no interest in the halftime show whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

My sb prediction is the rams win by 10, and the Bengals are an 8 or 9 win team next year. Imo the Bengals have no buisness being in the superbowl. They are good, and burrow had flashes of greatness this year, but did anyone watch their 3 playoff games this year and felt blown away by how good they were? I didn't. However, I also thought kc was gonna blow them out of the water yesterday, so what do I know 

Nothing is a fluke in this league and you don't win 3 straight PO games (including 2 on the road against teams that were heavily favored) by accident.

I do agree that though that next year the Bengals will face tougher sledding and have a target on their backs similar to the Chiefs and Bills the last few years because they aren't going to sneak up on anybody and everyone will be gunning for them.

This is also why you have to take advantage of the situation at hand in a few weeks and try and win it all if you are the Bengals. Don't assume there's some wide open window the next 5 - 10 years because you have a good young QB and nucleus because it may never come again.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is also why you have to take advantage of the situation at hand in a few weeks and try and win it all if you are the Bengals. Don't assume there's some wide open window the next 5 - 10 years because you have a good young QB and nucleus because it may never come again.

Anyone in any Super Bowl should try and win at all costs! 

You have the highest odds you'll ever have of winning a SB going into a football game!

Gotta take advantage of that.  It's why our 4 losses were so painful!

You've made it to within 3 steps of the summit of Mt. Everest and then have to turn back to base camp after all that hard work!

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I have a hunch that the Rams win in a rout.

They're really much more balanced overall, and their D is more capable of taking over a game.  Cincy somewhat overachieved this year.

You must have watched a different playoffs than I did.  

I would say the Rams are the better team, but they just make so many mistakes during the games and Cinci has the weapons they need.  I think should be something like a 31-24 game and I'm picking Cinci. 

• Agree 1

I predict Collinsworth will man crush on Burrow for 3 hours. At the same time, after weeks of intensive research and preparation,  Michele Tofoya will continue to keep the bar low as she bravely asks the coach of the losing team what they need to do in the 2nd half to win.

The Burrow hype is getting annoying already. He has not been that impressive these playoffs, more a game manager than anything.

Just getting to the Superbowl is a monster success for that team this year, I am happy for them and their fans. But now I'm kind of hoping they get spanked. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, In Summary said:

I predict Collinsworth will man crush on Burrow for 3 hours. At the same time, after weeks of intensive research and preparation,  Michele Tofoya will continue to keep the bar low as she bravely asks the coach of the losing team what they need to do in the 2nd half to win.

Mr. Bengal himself will be drooling over the entire Bengals organization not just Burrow. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, In Summary said:

"Now HERE's a guy..."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.