Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

44 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It looks like we should prepare ourselves for the Bills opening up the season next year on Thursday Night Football just to rub salt in our wounds because the Bills visit both the Bengals and the Rams.

Rams play at home vs Dallas (they did play opening game ve Tampa this year though), Denver (If Rodgers goes there as speculated it may be an option) and San Francisco as well.

Bengals play at home vs. Baltimore (you know networks love them some Lamar), Miami (The NFL return of the "other" Harbaugh) and a rematch with Kansas City.

While we are on the list for both, it's less than a foregone conclusion by any means IMO.

McVay will coach scared again...

Off topic but I looked back at the Bills 52-17 loss to the Cowboys and completely forgot they had 9!! Turnovers(4 INT and 5 lost fumbles) in that game and another 3 fumbles they recovered. Has there ever been a game in NFL history that featured 12 potential turnovers by one team, let alone in the Super Bowl??

Edited by Big Turk
  • Sad 1

Aaron Donald is one of the most dominant forces the NFL has ever seen.  I'd like to see him complete his career with a SB victory.

Joe Burrow is an awesome guy.  I'm a fan.  Wouldn't mind seeing him win one as well.  Sucks Geno Atkins has missed all of this.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

Bengals are for real.  Them beating the chiefs isn’t redemption, but makes me able to watch the SB.  Feel they have a very good shot at winning.

Not a fan of the Rams.  Maybe jealous, but hate when teams “buy” or mortgage the future to win championships - Stafford, Michel, Beckham, Miller, Ramsey.  They don’t have a first round pick until 2024.  Not quite as obvious as the Yankees have done over the years, but not the home grown route others take.  Maybe I’m jealous the Bills didn’t go after some of these guys (or others) that may have gotten us over the top.

Lastly, not a fan of players who pick teams based on SB possibility.  Hate Beckham and don’t feel he deserves a SB after busting himself off two teams.  He’s definitely not one of the players I wish we had gone after.

Again maybe jealous we didn’t go all out, but prefer the sustainable approach, not a one shot.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Rams D will give Burrows & co problems.  But,  Rams have a team full of ego,  I wonder what 2 weeks off and having the game at home in LA will do to their mindset.  Should be an interesting game.  I’m really pulling for the Bungels.

Yeah, I ‘m rooting for the Bengals partly because I don’t know anyone that’s a fan of theirs and partly because they haven’t won any.   I also can’t root for an LA team for various reasons.

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Only if Cincinnati wins. Those opening games are almost always conference games. 

Everyone in the North is a strong rivalry between all the teams. With the Jackson back I could see Ravens and Bengals. The Steelers are always a popular choice for primetime given their national following. It will depend on their offseason and who they get to replace Ben. Then there is the battle of Ohio but Mayfield is meh. Unless of course the league doesn't want a divisional matchup to open with.

11 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Well, somebody has to start the thread. :D

You're not wrong with the title, but WTF is it with "neutral fields" for the Superbowl turning in to "at home" 2 years in a row?

I don't know what to think about this game. 

Part of me wants to see Stafford win a championship, as a reward for 12 years of dreary slog in the Detroit wasteland.

Part of me will projectile vomit if I see Stan Kroenke hoisting a Lombardi.  Judging by friends and neighbors locally, the number of people in St Louis with similar tendencies might pose a serious solid waste problem to the city.

Part of me is rooting for Joe Burrow.

Part of me thinks Stafford's QB play (or the plays McVay calls) are a bit bizzare.  Stafford came one dropped pick away from losing the game, and threw into double coverage enough to be a trend.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If I was a Bengals fan I'd be terrified of the Rams DL going against a very bad OL. The Rams are a really bad matchup for them. I don't expect this game to be close.

I see it the same way.  Aaron Donald is going to have a field day unless the refs let the Bengals OL tackle him on every play.  Burrow might get crippled. 

Given both teams current momentum and other various circumstances, this is going to be one of the tougher SB games in recent memory to accurately predict.

My gut feeling tells me the Bengals win by another razor slim margin but certainly can't discount the Rams and being the 2nd straight team to host the SB on their home field.

If I was a betting man certainly wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole so to speak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.