Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

A good friend of mine is a longtime Bengals fan--as long suffering as us Bills fans--so my heart would like to see the Bengals win just for him.

However, my head says the LA D-line is going to harass Burrow all day and he won't be able to create enough magic to overcome that. This reminds me a bit of the Raiders-Bucs Super Bowl at the end of the 2002 season, when people expected a close game. I had the feeling the Bucs would blow out the Raiders, and they did, 48-21

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m rooting for the bengals because I think it will positively impact next season for the Bills and there is nothing we can do to change this season. If the bengals win they will be hyped up for next year with the chiefs, and the bills will be a bit more off the hype radar, which I prefer. It will motivate Josh even more because he won’t be considered top 2 in the afc - super bowl wins are a hell of a drug to media. If the bengals lose and especially if they look bad, they will just say cincy was a cute little story but came back down to earth and actually how good are they really, yadda yadda. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m rooting for the bengals because I think it will positively impact next season for the Bills and there is nothing we can do to change this season. If the bengals win they will be hyped up for next year with the chiefs, and the bills will be a bit more off the hype radar, which I prefer. It will motivate Josh even more because he won’t be considered top 2 in the afc - super bowl wins are a hell of a drug to media. If the bengals lose and especially if they look bad, they will just say cincy was a cute little story but came back down to earth and actually how good are they really, yadda yadda. 

Right. And the Bengals are from Ohio too

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Part of me is pulling for the Lambs because of the 12 Years of Hell Stafford was sentenced to undergo as the #1 pick of the Lions.

I also feel that the Rams have done a really good job in trading/signing the added help they needed during the season - signing Odell Beckham Jr, trading for Von Miller and coaxing Eric Weddle out of retirement would be moves that frankly, I think Beane and McDermott could take a lesson from.  (Does Weddle even have a connection with Raheem Morris?).  The Rams FO were flexible and added talent where they needed to, and that's why they're still playing after losing Robert Woods to IR etc while the Bills lost Tre' White, made no additions, and are sitting home.

However, in St Louis, "Kroenke Sucks" is The Word and it's considered anathema to root for a team he owns, so if the folks I am watching the Superbowl with do choose to cheer for the Lambs we'll be locking the doors and pulling down the shades and pinky-swearing each other to silence.

I think as long as the Bengals have a healthy Burrow and a couple receivers they'll keep inserting themselves in that cute little story.

• Like (+1) 1

I keep hearing how HOT it is in LA.  Hottest Super Bowl ever!!  Isn’t the stadium air conditioned?

Then i see the highs are around 82-85.  Yes that’s warm in February i suppose, but not oppressive heat.  And it’s SoCal.  It’s typically year round sunny.  Maybe it’s the visiting east coast media making a big deal about the heat. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I keep hearing how HOT it is in LA.  Hottest Super Bowl ever!!  Isn’t the stadium air conditioned?

Then i see the highs are around 82-85.  Yes that’s warm in February i suppose, but not oppressive heat.  And it’s SoCal.  It’s typically year round sunny.  Maybe it’s the visiting east coast media making a big deal about the heat. 

No. It’s technically not even a dome.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Just read that Burrow , who i like, said he wants to be ranked with Rodgers, Mahomes the best  NFL QBS. , left out Allen. Thats enough to provide a rooting interest . 

Joe has the swag which can also be seen as cocky.  

Allen hasn’t been in the SB so he’s not going to be thrown in the mix quite yet.  I don’t think i’ll ever forgive our coaches for effing up Allen’s legacy in those 13 seconds and OT.  He should be in there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Joe has the swag which can also be seen as cocky.  

Allen hasn’t been in the SB so he’s not going to be thrown in the mix quite yet.  I don’t think i’ll ever forgive our coaches for effing up Allen’s legacy in those 13 seconds and OT.  He should be in there. 

I agree , but needed anything to give me reason to watch..  the Bills loss took it out of me

• Like (+1) 1

Depending on how you look at it, technically, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are still the defending Super Bowl champs until the Rams or Bengals win tomorrow night.  So, if you look at it that way, we only have to say Tom Brady is the defending Super Bowl champ for 24 more hours.  Then we'll never have to say it again (at least as a player).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.