Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

On 1/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, In Summary said:

I predict Collinsworth will man crush on Burrow for 3 hours. At the same time, after weeks of intensive research and preparation,  Michele Tofoya will continue to keep the bar low as she bravely asks the coach of the losing team what they need to do in the 2nd half to win.

Oh gross, Collinsworth? We have to listen to him for an entire game?

super bowl...stupor bowl......yeah Im looking forward to it but now what to do this weekend  I wish it was just THIS sunday.......very low key event this year for me....except I want to see the Bengals fanbase win the thing and celebrate like no tomorrow 🙂 I guess it wouldnt even be that shocking if they were to win...as long as they didn't peak last weekend and come out flat I envision a really good game.

m

On 1/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Rooting for the Bengals since they have lost two already plus hate all those smug actors showing up now that "their" team is winning. Where were they when they weren't winning ??

April

I can answer this......Club Seats, luxury box FTW. tck-m

either that or the proverbial they're on the Beach.....socal is smug about their weather superiority....they not need no stinkin' football @-@

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

super bowl...stupor bowl......yeah Im looking forward to it but now what to do this weekend  I wish it was just THIS sunday.......very low key event this year for me....except I want to see the Bengals fanbase win the thing and celebrate like no tomorrow 🙂 I guess it wouldnt even be that shocking if they were to win...as long as they didn't peak last weekend and come out flat I envision a really good game.

m

It's still hard for me to believe the Bengals are in the superbowl. They just don't seem THAT good to me. I'm slightly rooting for the rams in this though. Feel like Stafford has earned a superbowl trip

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:53 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

100000000% agree, but i cant help but watch the terrible espn/fox sports media for coverage and i dont want to hear burrow this burrow that when its suppose to be Allen :(

burrows the starrrrr now..he has the same adoration in cincinatti as  #17 here..those folks are gonna lose their minds if they can pull this off......LA Rams yeah those folks will just go back to the beach.....Yep.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

If the Bengals lose, Mike Brown’s refusal to build a indoor practice facility or even a bubble will play no small part in it. It poured yesterday and now we’re in an ice storm with snow to follow. The Cincinnati Bengals can’t effectively practice on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the week before the Super Bowl.

This adds another reason why home field is so big in the Super Bowl this year.  I've said all season that if a LA team makes the Super Bowl they'll win it.  

14 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Can't beat 30k tickets to sit behind the Bengals bench

They will never do it, of course, but I wish they would make it more accessible to all football fans. Something like having a ticket lottery where you can buy them at normal seating cost of that stadium. I’d like to see the majority of tickets be raffled off to season tickets holders of each respective franchise playing in the game. If it’s a 75k stadium, give 30k to each team and then lottery off the other 15k to anyone who signs up for the lottery. 

14 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

If the Bengals lose, Mike Brown’s refusal to build a indoor practice facility or even a bubble will play no small part in it. It poured yesterday and now we’re in an ice storm with snow to follow. The Cincinnati Bengals can’t effectively practice on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the week before the Super Bowl.

I cannot believe they never built an indoor practice facility. I used to live across the border from Cincinnati and would drive across that bridge right next to the stadium. I was always shocked to see them practicing outside. It’s no large practice area either. They need to build an off site indoor facility. It’s unbelievable that an NFL team wouldn’t have an indoor practice facility. 

Mike Brown may be more thrifty then someone like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder, but where has that got them? Talking points aside, if you look at the numbers, the Bengals have spent to the cap for at least the last 3 years, and they were usually close in the Marvin Lewis era. Brown has gradually learned to cede control to the next generation, and they adhere to more modern team building philosophies. What has doomed the team lately, was giving up on Whitworth too early, and having generally bad drafts from 2013-2017. Hardly any first rounders remain from this era, and a lot of them are failed O linemen. As for the practice facility, UC has one 10-15 minutes away that they use, and they are there today. Honestly, with how bad the team has been, they didnt need one since they havent played this late into the season since 1989 (december in Cincy is typically much milder than in Buffalo). Mabye now, if they have multiple playoff runs, Katie Blackburn and co. will decide they need one closer, but i dont think their current space next to the stadium (spinney field) is big enough for a dome. Yes, Mike Brown is stuck in the past, as most of us will be when we are in our 80's, but he gradually learned to listen to others, and that (with a bunch of luck) is why the Bengals have made such a dramatic turnaround. Oh well, old narritaives die hard, just glad the curse of Bo Jackson is finally buried! Look at it this way Bills fans, if the Dolphins didnt beat us in overtime of a meaningless game late in the 2019 season, Burrow would be playing in your division. For what its worth, I think you guys break through next year.

5 hours ago, muppy said:

I can answer this......Club Seats, luxury box FTW. tck-m

either that or the proverbial they're on the Beach.....socal is smug about their weather superiority....they not need no stinkin' football @-@

This is why i didn't want L.A. to get a team and the chargers should still be in san Diego.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is why i didn't want L.A. to get a team and the chargers should still be in san Diego.

I lived in San Diego for years.  Before moving up to LA.

san diego definitely has "weather arrogance" and its just as bad wrt fans of other teams.  Partly because it is a military town.

and football is better when LA has a team.  Rams made perfect sense.  There are tons of natural Rams fans in town, so it feels organic

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

PREACH....did u hear the chargers are being sued by Americas finest city? YEP.  https://www.cbs8.com/article/sports/nfl/chargers/nfl-sued-chargers-relocation-san-diego-lawsuit-los-angeles-dean-spanos/509-91848079-8127-4168-ac73-178f8d9826d0

I hope Spanos gets what he deserves. HA

4 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I lived in San Diego for years.  Before moving up to LA.

san diego definitely has "weather arrogance" and its just as bad wrt fans of other teams.  Partly because it is a military town.

and football is better when LA has a team.  Rams made perfect sense.  There are tons of natural Rams fans in town, so it feels organic

wherein the move out of san diego to LA was a billionaires money grab screw the fans, city, everything but HIS bank account was reamed in that deal. As you are Im sure aware the LA Chargers are a joke to LA people.  I think spanos thought the san diego faithful  locals here would forget and travel their happy ***** up the 5 to that fancy crib up there...NOPE

**snicker snicker** lawsuit indeed. Im done. its a sore subject with a lot of people i know here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I thought they had the option to travel to the city where the SB is played?

They chose to depart for Los Angeles next Tuesday

So it's their choice

But overall, yes, there's a huge disadvantage.  Isn't that the reason Carson Palmer finally revolted about playing for the Bengals?

8 hours ago, Steptide said:

It's still hard for me to believe the Bengals are in the superbowl. They just don't seem THAT good to me. I'm slightly rooting for the rams in this though. Feel like Stafford has earned a superbowl trip

Stafford has earned the trip but I’m not sure I see him hoisting a Lombardi trophy. Burrow unfortunately is someone I can see winning it though

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought they had the option to travel to the city where the SB is played?

They chose to depart for Los Angeles next Tuesday

So it's their choice

But overall, yes, there's a huge disadvantage.  Isn't that the reason Carson Palmer finally revolted about playing for the Bengals?

Mike Brown is not gonna pay for two weeks of hotels rooms and per diems.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

10 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They will never do it, of course, but I wish they would make it more accessible to all football fans. Something like having a ticket lottery where you can buy them at normal seating cost of that stadium. I’d like to see the majority of tickets be raffled off to season tickets holders of each respective franchise playing in the game. If it’s a 75k stadium, give 30k to each team and then lottery off the other 15k to anyone who signs up for the lottery. 

I cannot believe they never built an indoor practice facility. I used to live across the border from Cincinnati and would drive across that bridge right next to the stadium. I was always shocked to see them practicing outside. It’s no large practice area either. They need to build an off site indoor facility. It’s unbelievable that an NFL team wouldn’t have an indoor practice facility. 

It’s not the league that’s selling the tickets for 30k, it’s people re-selling the tickets that are getting that. Not sure how you stop that. The teams are given a certain amount they can sell to their fans, but they can’t control what happens after they have already sold them. If I knew I could make 30 grand for selling my tickets that would be hard to pass up 

43 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Someone I know is big Rams fan but they want the Bengals to win for the simple fact back after the first Ravens game he put $$ on the Bengals to win super bowl at 40-1 , so a Bengals win will bring him over a g

Wow a whole g?

He is obviously not a big fan, lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Process said:

Wow a whole g?

He is obviously not a big fan, lol

Lol.. that brings an interesting question. How much potential $$ winnings would it take for you to want the Bills opponent in the Super Bowl to win? I’d have a hard time convincing myself to root for that outcome but I know it would take a LOT more than than a G. 100k ? 250k, 500k? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.