Super Bowl LVI: Bengals at Rams

\GoBillsInDallas/

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I very rarely skip Super Bowls. The last one was the Pats-Falcons Super Bowl. A good choice on my part.

I was absolutely planning to skip this one. Figured it'd be the Chiefs, and I had no interest in watching them. 

Now that it's Bengals-Rams, I can actually watch!

I truly have no feel for which team will win. I didn't expect the Bengals to get this far and wouldn't have thought they'd beat the Chiefs, so why couldn't they also beat the Rams? On the other hand, the Rams have so many great players -- Donald, Miller, Ramsey, Kupp, Beckham -- that I wouldn't be surprised in the last if they won it.

Should be a fun one.

Yep, skipped last year’s SB w/ the combination of Brady yet again and Chiefs having knocked us out, but do not mind either team winning this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I did not realize that the Bengals are the only northern climate team that does not have an indoor practice facility.  

The ownership cheapness is legendary. But hey, they made it.

It goes beyond that. They don't have any separate facilities. They have the stadium, which is owned by the county, and a grass field next to the stadium. They practice in the stadium almost exclusively. So the team owns nothing. This is because Mike Brown has no source of income besides the team.  Mike brown never spends to the cap because he doesn't have the money. They've caught lightning in a bottle and they had better win now because they won't be able to pay all those guys after their rookie contracts are up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10025473-cincinnati-to-close-public-schools-day-after-bengals-play-in-2022-super-bowl-vs-rams?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Cincinnati Public schools will be closed the day after the Super Bowl. Win or lose.

I think that's rad. They aren't taking this game at all seriously are they? Nahhhh

Sarcasm*

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It goes beyond that. They don't have any separate facilities. They have the stadium, which is owned by the county, and a grass field next to the stadium. They practice in the stadium almost exclusively. So the team owns nothing. This is because Mike Brown has no source of income besides the team.  Mike brown never spends to the cap because he doesn't have the money. They've caught lightning in a bottle and they had better win now because they won't be able to pay all those guys after their rookie contracts are up.  

Oh man, that's kind of sad.  Between that and hearing Mike Brown speak during the trophy presentation last weekend, I will be rooting for the Bengals.

I will be happy to see that organization, city and fans win a Superbowl. Their story does not sound too different than that of Buffalo's.

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Just randomly thought that if Burrow hadn't torn his ACL last year the Bengals wouldn't have been in position to draft Ja'Marr Chase and they probably wouldn't be in the Super Bowl.

That is an interesting point I hadnt considered...

I was thinking a week or so back that Chase sat out 2020 and only played 2 years of college... so is still pretty raw.. how good is this guy going to be?

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Just randomly thought that if Burrow hadn't torn his ACL last year the Bengals wouldn't have been in position to draft Ja'Marr Chase and they probably wouldn't be in the Super Bowl.

Well, since it's a copy cat league.  Maybe Mahomes tears his ACL next year to get that 2nd WR they desperately need.

Also, if the Bills execute a squib kick the Bengals wouldn't be in the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Just 2 months ago it was going to New England-Tampa and the league will DO ANYTHING to make this happen.

Ah, the memories....

The NFL isn't the WWE as their is no fixing of games but the league would have absolutely loved that matchup if it played out that way.

12 hours ago, Old Coot said:

I'd like to see the Bengals win.  BUT their OL is overmatched by the Rams DL.  The game may resemble last years SB with Burrows playing the role of Mahomes running for his life.

Was thinking the same. If Tennessee could sack Burrow 9 times, what will the Rams do? Let's face it, the best team isn't playing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.