Elite talent matters

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Horrible take imo…what happens to offenses that come out throwing the football 100% of the game.  Offensive line starts to get whooped late.  Showing the run early likely opened up some of those deep throws late in the game too.  Absolutely comical you want to force the ball to diggs who was likely being bracketed when Davis was obliterating them like that is truly insane to me.  I didn’t say Daboll called a genius game I’m saying the defense/defensive coaching lost that game.  We didn’t get a possession in OT and scored 36…that’s likely 40+ if we win the coin toss.  You’re gonna fault the offense for not scoring 50 points when all the defense had to do was get 1 more stop? Especially when a stop is gift wrapped to them since there’s only 13 seconds left in the game.  

punts in those situations were also on coaching imo which I’d assume is McDermott not Daboll…they were both 4th and shorts.  Don’t know why we’re faulting an OC for running the football against a soft cover 2 on 3rd and short lol also laughable to me.  Just as likely could’ve been an incomplete pass there 

I agree 💯 we saw what happened when the bills couldn’t run, teams were firing off on Allen, the oline still needs some upgrades and RB. 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:48 AM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

A lot of us were likewise not interested in acquiring Stefon Diggs. Oops!

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

[Relax, I stole DC Tom's patent.]

So you mean that we are an idiot unless we're all in on over-the-hill used-to-be-elite talents?

Yeah, um, no, that's just you confusing an opinion with a fact.

Those two weren't the reason they are in the SB.

Yes, elite talent matters. But what you give up for it matters too. As does fit, financial details, how they fit your team's window, whether they'll take snaps away from guys you'll be developing, and a whole bunch of other stuff in this very complicated system. And again, those two aren't elite.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

A lot of us were likewise not interested in acquiring Stefon Diggs. Oops!

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

[Relax, I stole DC Tom's patent.]

Wasn't O'Dell able to pick his destination tho? They tried to get watt in the off-season too if ur thinking about adding a top level player.  I don't think they were willing to spend all their day 2 picks on Miller.

When ur the rams u can sign all the free agents, it doesn't really work that way here. 

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How much elite talent do you expect?  

Arguably top 3 QB in the league.  

Arguably the best safety duo in the league.

Top 5 WR in the league.

Top 5 CB in the league.

How much "elite talent" do you think a team can just afford?  We have one of the most, if not the most, overall talented rosters in the league.  You are being overly dramatic by a lot.  

Yup. 

If you call this year's Von Miller and this year's Odell Beckham elite, as the OP does, we've got a few more who'd qualify, starting with Oliver, Dion ...

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.