Elite talent matters

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Yes, we have been missing that elite guy on defense. A game wrecker on the defensive line would make this team truly elite.

I don't think we need another elite receiver. We have Diggs. The rest of the guys have shown they can take over when Diggs is doubled and game planned out of the game. Obviously, we have an elite QB. I didn't want Beckham and I stand by that. Von Miller, though? Sign me up. But they traded him out of conference for a reason.

On defense we have Tre White, but we need one more elite guy. An elite MLB or an Elite pass rusher would go a long ways.

The Bills of the 90's had that on both sides of the ball and it is what we are missing now. Jim and Thurman on offense, Bruce on defense. We need our Bruce.

We might just see that we have him in Greg R. Next season, my fingers are crossed this is the case. 

Beane mentioned in his presser he thought he hit the rookie wall a bit, but battled past it. With a full season and upcoming offseason under his belt, I’m excited to see him next season. 

15 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Funny how these other OCs figure out how to get their Elite talent the ball but Diggs got taken out of the KC game🤔

Because Allen was smart and did not the force the ball; instead found other targets such as Davis and Singletary.   I wish the Bills had done the same by blanketing Kelce and Hill and forcing them to beat us with their the other guys.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Funny how these other OCs figure out how to get their Elite talent the ball but Diggs got taken out of the KC game🤔

I keep seeing people say stuff like this, and its honestly puzzling to me.  How do you expect Diggs to touch the ball while Davis is torching the Chiefs for over 200 yards and 4 TD's?  I don't get this criticism.  Should we have not thrown those TD's to Davis so we could throw different passes to Diggs for the sake of passing to Diggs?

I mean, its not like Diggs is why we lost...its not like moving the ball is why we lost.  Allen only had like 120 yards passing that didnt go to Davis.  And that was spread between Diggs, Sanders, Cole, Knox, and our RB's.  

Diggs also made an amazing and critical 2 pt conversion catch and layed some big blocks in the game too that sprung other players.  Not to mention, the extra attention he got helped Davis get those opportunities too.  

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I keep seeing people say stuff like this, and its honestly puzzling to me.  How do you expect Diggs to touch the ball while Davis is torching the Chiefs for over 200 yards and 4 TD's?  I don't get this criticism.  Should we have not thrown those TD's to Davis so we could throw different passes to Diggs for the sake of passing to Diggs?

I mean, its not like Diggs is why we lost...its not like moving the ball is why we lost.  Allen only had like 120 yards passing that didnt go to Davis.  And that was spread between Diggs, Sanders, Cole, Knox, and our RB's.  

Diggs also made an amazing and critical 2 pt conversion catch and layed some big blocks in the game too that sprung other players.  Not to mention, the extra attention he got helped Davis get those opportunities too.  

Honestly. The same people that were upset earlier in the season when Allen was not taking what the defense was giving him, are now upset that he took what the defense gave him. He passed for over 300 yards and 4 TDs, scored 36 points, and probably should have won the game. Why in the world would anyone be upset because they didn't schematically change things to counter the strategy implemented by KC to keep Diggs from beating them, rather than being happy that Allen exploited that strategy to perfection with  Davis? Who really cares which receivers Allen got the ball to as long as the passing game was successful?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This lol. We scored at will throwing at Davis. He was unstoppable. We should feel

BETTER about our weapons after that loss tbh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This lol. We scored at will throwing at Davis. He was unstoppable. We should feel

Last night during the NFC game, Joe Buck said something like "As you have been pointing out forever, Troy, any team's passing game is only as good as its third receiver."

Despite rather disliking Troy Aikman, I thought that was interesting.

I immediately thought of Davis' game agains KC.

I think it's a solid observation.  If you have THREE stud targets, opposing defense cannot take them ALL away from you.

This jibes with what I've been saying here lately--go get another stud WR for next season.

I would get rid of Beasley, and then you'd have Diggs, Davis, and hopefully some stud WR as well that we acquire---plus Knox and his continued development at TE.

Totally revamp the OL and we should be in top gear every week, instead of just now and again as we were last season.

Put 30 on the board every week and see who can keep up.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, bobobonators said:

This isnt the 2014 Bills anymore. We have elite talent. 

besides QB, and secondary, and WR, where?  

you need elite talent at every level of play.  The SB teams have this, we don't.  

You need elite from 7, we don't.  Elite OL, nope.  Elite RB or 2 capable backs, nope.  

We are missing key parts.  We don't have enough elite talent.  

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

yeah, but worse about our coaching.  Why did it take until then for Davis to be part of the game plan.  

Bye bye Daboll! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

you need elite talent at every level of play.  The SB teams have this, we don't.  

You need elite from 7, we don't.  Elite OL, nope.  Elite RB or 2 capable backs, nope.  

yeah, but worse about our coaching.  Why did it take until then for Davis to be part of the game plan.  

Bye bye Daboll! 

Huh? Did you think our offense was bad this year? 

#3 in points this year, #2 last year. If we’re 5 or 6 next year, will you want to fire the OC?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Huh? Did you think our offense was bad this year? 

#3 in points this year, #2 last year. If we’re 5 or 6 next year, will you want to fire the OC?

The offense was totally unbalanced until the end of the season when Daboll discovered Motor and Davis, what took him so long.  3 points v. Jax; 15 v. Colts.  Really?  

47 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Because Allen was smart and did not the force the ball; instead found other targets such as Davis and Singletary.   I wish the Bills had done the same by blanketing Kelce and Hill and forcing them to beat us with their the other guys.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Honestly. The same people that were upset earlier in the season when Allen was not taking what the defense was giving him, are now upset that he took what the defense gave him. He passed for over 300 yards and 4 TDs, scored 36 points, and probably should have won the game. Why in the world would anyone be upset because they didn't schematically change things to counter the strategy implemented by KC to keep Diggs from beating them, rather than being happy that Allen exploited that strategy to perfection with  Davis? Who really cares which receivers Allen got the ball to as long as the passing game was successful?

Who was in control of most of this game? KC

Who gave the ball back to them twice in the second quarter on three and outs? Buffalo

Who’s decision was three runs and a punt? OC

Who’s decision was it to have Gilliam in as an outlet receiver? OC 

What happens to Defenses that keep getting thrown back onto the field when they get a short break?

You don’t beat the Chiefs by playing scared or conservative. BOTH sides of the ball did that in this game. 
One of the oldest adages in the book is you put the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers. Is Diggs not our biggest weapon on O ( I would contend Davis is actually proving to be, but that is another argument)

Daboll isn’t a genius. I’m sorry you guys are in love with the game he called but the ONLY reason we caught up at the end is because Josh willed it to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tanoros said:

We might just see that we have him in Greg R. Next season, my fingers are crossed this is the case. 

Beane mentioned in his presser he thought he hit the rookie wall a bit, but battled past it. With a full season and upcoming offseason under his belt, I’m excited to see him next season. 

That's the hope. Ed Oliver has been progressing nicely as well.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

The offense was totally unbalanced until the end of the season when Daboll discovered Motor and Davis, what took him so long.  3 points v. Jax; 15 v. Colts.  Really?  

Okay lol whatever u say. He wasn’t a good OC which is why he definitely wasn’t the hottest offensive coach on the market this year, and didn’t get looks last year. 

it’s like you people forget that there are way more bad coordinators than good ones. 

Edited by FireChans

How much of our O was Josh not hitting the designed target and just improvising and hitting someone downfield who got open on a scramble drill?

Fun as heck to watch because Josh’s arm and legs and size  can make that work like no other QB. BUT, it isn’t on the  OC .

45 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bye bye Daboll! 

The Bengals don't have an elite o line , or an elite secondary  

And we are a better team then them 

What they did was get pressure on mahomes, we couldn't finish

16 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Like what…oh let me pass up a wide open gabe Davis because Stefon diggs is more of a household name 😂. That logic is ridiculous after seeing what the offense did that game.  

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Like what…oh let me pass up a wide open gabe Davis because Stefon diggs is more of a household name 😂. That logic is ridiculous after seeing what the offense did that game.  

Who was in control of most of this game? KC

Who gave the ball back to them twice in the second quarter on three and outs? Buffalo

Who’s decision was three runs and a punt? OC

Who’s decision was it to have Gilliam in as an outlet receiver? OC 

What happens to Defenses that keep getting thrown back onto the field when they get a short break?

You don’t beat the Chiefs by playing scared or conservative. BOTH sides of the ball did that in this game. 
One of the oldest adages in the book is you put the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers. Is Diggs not our biggest weapon on O ( I would contend Davis is actually proving to be, but that is another argument)

Daboll isn’t a genius. I’m sorry you guys are in love with the game he called but the ONLY reason we caught up at the end is because Josh willed it to happen. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.