Elite talent matters

46 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Gabe Davis did okay tho. 

The REAL point being, Gabe Davis had FOUR TD’s in a playoff game. The first WR ever to do that. I have no complaints. We took advantage of what was available and Gabe had an incredible performance. More credit to Josh for recognizing it! THAT is not the reason we lost, and I refuse to dwell on the negative. Learn from it, and move forward. 

Whining is not appealing. Improving is ultra appealing! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yes, we have been missing that elite guy on defense. A game wrecker on the defensive line would make this team truly elite.

I don't think we need another elite receiver. We have Diggs. The rest of the guys have shown they can take over when Diggs is doubled and game planned out of the game. Obviously, we have an elite QB. I didn't want Beckham and I stand by that. Von Miller, though? Sign me up. But they traded him out of conference for a reason.

On defense we have Tre White, but we need one more elite guy. An elite MLB or an Elite pass rusher would go a long ways.

The Bills of the 90's had that on both sides of the ball and it is what we are missing now. Jim and Thurman on offense, Bruce on defense. We need our Bruce.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not so sure about that.

I would say we have an assemblage of good and very good talent.

Not much elite.

What is the most important position? That counts more than once.  We also have Tre and Diggs. Nobody is elite across the board, but we have the key positions. We are elite at enough positions to be a serious contender for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not so sure about that.

I would say we have an assemblage of good and very good talent.

Not much elite.

QB - Elite

WR - Elite

Safety duo - Elite (as a duo id say they play at an elite level)

one can argue that Tre White when healthy is an elite corner. Guess we need to ask whats elite? Top 5 at the position? 

and then yeh a bunch of good and very good. But how many teams have more than 3-5 elite players. 

We have elite talent we were 13 seconds away from back to back AFC championship games 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

A lot of us were likewise not interested in acquiring Stefon Diggs. Oops!

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

[Relax, I stole DC Tom's patent.]

no your. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

What is the most important position? That counts more than once.  We also have Tre and Diggs. Nobody is elite across the board, but we have the key positions. We are elite at enough positions to be a serious contender for years to come. 

I agree.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Point being, EVERYONE and their mother know D. Samuel and C.Kupp are getting the targets and yet they get the ball.

Everyone freaking out about Daboll need to take a chill pill 

Who cares ?? I could care less who gets the ball, the only thing that matters is scoring points.

33 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Wtf is happening here?

People finding new ways to whine about losing last week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

NOOOOO WE MUST KEEP DRAFTING GUYS LIKE ZAY JONES AND AJ EPENESA AND ZACK MOSS INSTEAD OF GETTING ELITE PASS RUSHERS.

59 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Yet Stafford threw the game away with a free gimme interception to Tartt, he just forgot to catch it.  

Amazing all these Rams threads.  They didn’t win, the 49ers lost it when he dropped an interception on yet another awful pass by Stafford.

49 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think the bolded is supposed to be "your still and idiot."

Others will correct me if I'm wrong.

38 minutes ago, sirebors said:

Um no... 

I'm pretty sure I'm write... at least that's the weigh I always read it around hear.

Um no... 

I'm pretty sure I'm write... at least that's the weigh I always read it around hear.

Um no... 

53 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

42 minutes ago, sirebors said:

Um no... 

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

That will get better with practice, I’m (almost) sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.